Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His decision to play Flanagan, Perham at fullback, Brown at lock, and Waddell in the 17, etc.. A lot of those decisions from the outside looking in looked like obvious mistakes before a ball was kicked so if he gets it wrong fans are going to say something... we're beyond wasting more pre seasons and starts to the season.
You blokes just go round and round in circles.
You wanted Renolds at 7 who couldnt play 80 and is now injured. Imagine we wasted a pre season with Renolds at 7 for him to be injured now.
Im completey aware of how shit weve been for so long.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It stands to reason that the team that makes the most mistakes, has less possession, does more tackling, has more penalties & six-agains against them (not to mention contending with BS Sin Bins) is going to suffer more under the conditions, especially if it's hot and so early in the season (lack of match fitness).

Until the BS Sin Bin, we went set for set with Manly, were 6-all and could easily been in front given a little good fortune (despite playing poorly and probably being our own worst enemy).

Once the balance tipped, it started to run away from us.

Not a great performance but hardly something to write the season off over either.

We will be better in Melbourne - let's hope it's enough to jag our first win for 2023.
100% agree. Yet many have already decided Ciraldo can't coach, and we won't win a game this year. I was gutted after the loss, but I was able to understand these same issues you stated. The sin binning killed us, and was absolute bullshit. We can move on from this, im sure of it. The players are positive, why can't the fans be?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You blokes just go round and round in circles.
You wanted Renolds at 7 who couldnt play 80 and is now injured. Imagine we wasted a pre season with Renolds at 7 for him to be injured now.
Im completey aware of how shit weve been for so long.
Saying I go around in circles is 1. not true and 2. a cop out response.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% agree. Yet many have already decided Ciraldo can't coach, and we won't win a game this year. I was gutted after the loss, but I was able to understand these same issues you stated. The sin binning killed us, and was absolute bullshit. We can move on from this, im sure of it. The players are positive, why can't the fans be?
Without dissecting the round one game, it’s only the stupidest of supporters that have written off Ciraldo after 1 game..

I would have preferred Shaun Wane or Flange senior over him (although I always wanted Bennett and long before Des) but, his resume is D and Gus wanted him so I will ride the bus.

However, I don’t get Perham in FG let alone in the 1, and I am very nervous about our defence which I assumed was his big tick as a coach..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kayo won't fucking work ****

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t get flanno sticking up for flanno. You can shit on every other player, but when the team goes shit Ben hunt stands up and holds his head high, flanno doesn’t carry a team. Burton definitely had a shit game but does flanno then step up? When burton played well flanno doesn’t then go to another level, Nathan will touch the ball 4 plays out of six, flanno runs and dummies to no one. I completely get you want content, I get you have your life on this site, you love to stir the pot so you have something to respond too, why I’ll never understand unless you need this to for fill your life.
flanno isn’t a top 7 halfback so regardless of the players having a shit first round. They have had good games flanno according to you has had a great game against Newcastle ages ago. Fuck have a footy conversation, don’t be a narcissist and push your own agenda, we are struggling as a team and a club. Fuck flanno he's not the answer but also some others might not be, but come on consistently baiting is just so you have a life, constantly giving yourself a reason to live

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without dissecting the round one game, it’s only the stupidest of supporters that have written off Ciraldo after 1 game..

I would have preferred Shaun Wane or Flange senior over him (although I always wanted Bennett and long before Des) but, his resume is D and Gus wanted him so I will ride the bus.

However, I don’t get Perham in FG let alone in the 1, and I am very nervous about our defence which I assumed was his big tick as a coach..
Im not a fan of Perham at all. But it's Ciraldos team, and he will live and die by his choices. So be it. Our defense will hold when we hold the ball. Good test on the weekend.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we beat Storm which I really hope then Belmore gets sold out within minutes lol.
Agree the fans deserve some success.
Two from three not too shabby.
We have a better chance at winning in Melbourne than wining at belmore the shithole.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a better chance at winning in Melbourne than wining at belmore the shithole.
This pisses me off …. Belmore should be our fucking fortress, every opposition player and team that dares enter here, leaves broken and shattered ….

A lifetime ago when our teams of old yet stood beneath the roofs of Belmore .. … Our coaches, our trainers, and EVERY passionate fan, demanded answers from those that sought glory here, from those that pulled on the blue & white and dared to play for our club on this soil.

What’s lies beneath your feet ?

‘Sacred Ground ! …… Watered with the tears and blood of every player that’s ever pulled on a Berries or Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Jersey … and from this day on, in memory & respect of every brave player that’s played before you, it will forever be the opposition teams who shed those tears, this is Belmore, those that enter, leave broken and never want to enter again …

Do I hear a fuck yes … now get out there and Defend this sacred soil ..

That’s what playing at Belmore should represent !

Last edited: