Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Game day!!!!

Had an obligatory cigarette and a coffee out of my favorite Bulldogs mug as is the tradition.

Checked the weather prediction today, Cloudy no chance of showers- 16km winds this may help Burtons high bombs i whisper to myself.

Cant wait to see them wheel Reynolds out of the cotton wool and bubble wrap. TPJ would be testing him out all night. Highlights reels now play in a mind clouded by nicotine and caffeine.

Watched the Cowboys vs Raiders game last night and can say the Cowboys looked the goods and we beat that team in a slugfest.
they say good teams find a way to get a win.

The real questions will be can our halves take their game up another notch?
Will our forwards dominate a young forward pack coming off the back of a win with the winds very much in their sails?
Can they get Addo-Carr early ball and get him more involved- First tryscorer would really set the tempo?
Will Dufty have that stellar game he is known for whipping out every now and then?

Time will tell.
TPJ could do a "Hess on Frawley" job on Reynolds today....but get sent off for being too rough I guess.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In New York at the moment, games on at 3:15am but you better believe I’ll be watching it. Dear god I hope they get up
How's NY mate? All good now re: covid? You living there or just visiting?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's NY mate? All good now re: covid? You living there or just visiting?
It’s been great, just holidaying - first time to the states but enjoying it. Covid has only added a test before flights but otherwise all open over here at the moment. I got it over New Years so not too worried about it with my immunity. I’d trade a day here for a 40-0 win though haha

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Game day baby!!!! Weather conditions are perfect in Sydney today.
Cmon boys lets trot

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perfect time of year. Get to enjoy the sun, outdoor living into footy. Doesn’t get any better than this

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i promise that the referees are going to be against us, more so than usual

broncos set up with a soft ass draw so they can get to the friday night games against the roosters then panthers seemingly in contention for brisbane ratings

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm already feeling big time 'ring the bell' vibes for the Reynolds Broncs debut...

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Massive game... but confident of 2/2. Manly going to be tough next week after losing first 2. But south’s game is very winnable round 6. Will take 3/6 to start the season !!!!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been great, just holidaying - first time to the states but enjoying it. Covid has only added a test before flights but otherwise all open over here at the moment. I got it over New Years so not too worried about it with my immunity. I’d trade a day here for a 40-0 win though haha
Haha good one and a different experience watching at 3am. I've been to the U.S west coast during april/may and don't remember watching our games on the trip. Probably couldn't access it, but this was 15+ years ago.

It sounds good re: travelling in general. I don't know when I'll be able to go overseas again, but good to hear it's not too much hassle. I guess you still have to wear a mask during the flight though? That would rule me out. Obviously you wouldn't have to when eating or drinking, but on a really long flight, which already sucks, I don't think I could handle it.

Enjoy the game. Hope they make it worth staying up for.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I think if we are to win today we obviously need to generate more points. Also the Cows tried to go around our defence, the Broncos will try to go through us which will cause more problems for our defence.

Keys to the game:

- Dufty was great defensively in Round 1, but we need to see his passing game in action more in Round 2.

- Less JMK more Odo, to create some attack from dummy half.

- TPJ running the same lines as Waddell last week but harder, he needs to be a running threat for our left edge of Burto, Naden JAC to put on a show.

- Need to play error free, less like the 1st half of round 1 and more like the 2nd half.