Round 2 team

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I dont think it’s desperate tines just yet although if that’s an indication on how Burton plays all season then we are definitely in for a bad year. I’m not opposed to bringing Reynolds in as a 14 purely for his effort plays.
The problem is our pack and what worries me is there aren’t any obvious quick fixes there.
So true. The pack, halves etc don't appear competitive judging by efforts/results so far. It's why supporters are so concerned. But there are improvements that could be put in place if CC can see it.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they will change too much in next weeks line up, but this is my guess for next weeks 17 which I also think gives us our strongest option available in our current biggest weakness - Our Forwards.

1. Hayze Perham
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Jake Averillo
4. Paul Alamoti
5. Josh Addo-Carr

6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan

8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston (Starting Edge but named on the bench on Tuesday)
13. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (Starting Middle but named as an edge on Tuesday)

14. Fa'amanu Brown (Named in 13 on Tuesday but starts on the bench)
15. Andrew Davey (Comes onto the bench as our edge replacement now that Preston Starts)
16. Corey Waddell (Like it or not, one of our biggest available forwards with the ability to play longer minutes than Pele or Tanner)
17. Billy Tsikrikas (Offers a bigger body than Tanner & has proven himself to handle the top grade in previous performance)

19. Braidon Burns
20. Jayden Tanner

OUTS
Franklin Pele (needs to play long minutes in Reggies to gain match fitness & the ability to play longer than 10min in grade)
Jayden Tanner (Unfortunatley size works against him in a pack that got monstered)

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Ciraldo continues to believe Flanagan is the best option at half for the future of the club he deserves any criticism he gets. His call to put Reynolds into the top 30 so play him until Karl o is ready. Persisting with Flanagan is a complete waste of time.
100% mate, our club is afraid to offend the media, and looks very weak, the gun is only in the team for political reasons

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Oh geez Ed. Prove Buzzard right lol.

Jokes aside. Reckon Gus is part of selection decisions from the start?
I believe him when he said he wasn't involved this year.

Plus they kind of proved Gus had nothing to do with that abortion yesterday.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Won’t be next round but this is what I’m hoping to see eventually

1. Perham
2. Kiraz
3. Skelton
4. Alamoti
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Topine

14. Brown
15. TPJ
16. RFM
17. Pele

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think there's was much Perham could do against set defence but he at least doesn't get manhandled like Averillo does.. I think he deserves a fair chance to improve
Agreed. I thought he did okay all things considered. I also think with some space and more support plays in ruck area this kid would tear shit up. I see agility and speed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Crazy that some are naming Oloapu. The kid has played 1 full game against men vs a pretty bad Blacktown side and we’re contemplating bringing him in against the Storm? He is definitely an exciting talent but bringing him in now with this forward pack we have would be insanity.
CC needs to figure out the right balance with our forward pack and needs to do it quickly.
Maybe KO/Grub would work? Young blood next to a "old head".

I'm Not saying that combo will win the GF but they certainly can't be worse than the centre/flamingo combo we have now

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Perham
2. Kiraz
3. Alamoti
4. Burns
5. Jac
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Rfm
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Sutton

14. Brown
15. Pele
16. Davey
17. Skelton
Better side. Gus won't change the lineup until we are 0-10 though.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would be my team for R2.
(1) Perham has more spark than Avo, CC was correct with this choice
(2) Kiraz
(3) Skelton at least he has some presence
(4) Alamoti
(5) JAC
(6) Burton will be a lot better without the gun
(7) Avo only for the first 7-8 games, it might supprise the storm, other clubs must be laughing at us for playing the gun
(8) King
(9 ) Reed May have to give a break otherwise we will kill him
(10) Sutton nothing special will do untill TPJ returns
(11) Kiks needs to be given better service for him to be affective.
(12) Preston
(13) RFM gives us some size in the middle
(14) Grub or Brown to swap with Avo and or Reed
(15) Davey
(16) Waddle
(16) Tanner, at least he has ago

I play Pele the full 80 in the CC its the only way I see him getting fit.
Desperately waiting for TPJ and Patolo to return.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The defence guru should never have moved Averillo to centres and kept him at fullback, where he actually started to perform.
mate Averelo was afraid of the collision at fullback. Perham played ok yesterday he isn’t the problem.

I would just drop Averelo and play Skelton

Last edited:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
You got rocks in your brain if you think KO is coming in to this side against Melbourne.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
mate Averelo was afraid of the collision at fullback. Perham played ok yesterday he isn’t the problem.

I would just drop Averelo and play Skelton
This. Perham wasn't manhandled like some of our forwards were. Averillo is one of those guys who could look good in a better system but right now we need players who can have an impact in our team. Skelton showed in the trials that he can be a threat against first graders.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo refuses to do the physically challenging stuff - at times yesterday - the forwads were gassed and teh dogs received possession on his edge - rather than get involved and take a hard carry he just watches. Later in the game i think he got a message and got more involved
I agree. If Jake doesn't want to take these carries then he shouldn't be playing and it's a simple as that. When Kiraz takes his run he should be pushing up in support and then backing up for the next carry. The dumb thing about all this is that his carries are actually decent because he has the acceleration to get in behind the ruck and get cheap metres. This is what burns me about JAC and his stupid runs from dh but that's another story.

I'm not sure what we do with Jake, he was far from our worst player but if we aren't going to give him good ball and he isn't going to make tough runs then why carry him?

Mason actually name dropped Jake as the player he was most excited to watch this week and knowing Masons temperament I doubt he would say that if Jake was actually soft like people claim. He also talked up the combination of our right edge yet they saw practically zero ball so something very clearly went wrong yesterday with the game plan.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why it has to be JR.
He is a certainty to change the course of a game and even if it fails, he can handle losing through his experience.
Yeah we certainly need someone that can spark something when the team is down.

His energy and enthusiasm could at least add something on the field.

Even someone like Rajab would have had a go yesterday. Most of our team looked like they were playing in quicksand yesterday.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we continue playing Alamoti in a losing side, thats another question?!?

Or do we pop him back in NSW Cup and promote someone like Okunbor or Burns in the centres.