OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This week CC has to make changes:
Definite starters Crighton, JAC, Burton, Curran, Kikau, Preston, King, Mahoney and Mann.
Possible new faces: Papali'i, Skelton, Xerri, BBO, Sexton, Kautoga, Turpin, Patolo, Knight.
I don't know who CC will pick but for mine Knight and Patolo (if fit) have to come into the 17, Hutchinson cannot remain at 7 and one of Salmon or Morrin have to go.
Players who might drop out: Taffe, Kiraz, Tracey, Hutchinson, Salmon, Hughes, Faamasuali, Morrin.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of interesting takes on the lineup next week ...

Where are our major issues?

I'd say at halfback and in the front row. I'm sure others will say fullback too so let's add that.

Halfback?

By all accounts Sexton has been shocking in defence in the ressies. Why do people think he's the answer in 1st grade? Clearly CC is focusing on defence, and we'll throw that out the window to accommodate Sexton who hasn't really proven he'll add that much in attack?

Hutho stays ...

Frontrow?
Knight apparently had a good game in ressies? But all & sundry rubbished him in the trial and he got dropped. Do we really think he'll step in already? Have others shown enough in ressies? I'm not sure ...

Front row stays ...

Fullback?

Tracey I've seen people say? He's just got back, and played on the wing where he wasn't fantastic. The fullback in ressies is young ... too young to start 1st grade atm imo. Move Critta to fullback perhaps but his defence has been really good in the centres, would him going to fullback impact on that? Potentially Tracey or Xerri move into centre instead of him?

This is where potentially the changes could occur but ... I think it's too early imo. I'd like to see Xerri in 1st grade and Kiraz on the wing personally, but Wilson has been scoring tries ..

Fullback .... stays imo.

I really can't see us changing the lineup to much for now. As much as most want to see it, CC won't and I think it's probably the best choice as with the half & frontrow situation we don't have other options right now.

With the backline ... this isn't the starting 5 I'd pick but ... I'm not sure

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of interesting takes on the lineup next week ...

Where are our major issues?

I'd say at halfback and in the front row. I'm sure others will say fullback too so let's add that.

Halfback?

By all accounts Sexton has been shocking in defence in the ressies. Why do people think he's the answer in 1st grade? Clearly CC is focusing on defence, and we'll throw that out the window to accommodate Sexton who hasn't really proven he'll add that much in attack?

Hutho stays ...

Frontrow?
Knight apparently had a good game in ressies? But all & sundry rubbished him in the trial and he got dropped. Do we really think he'll step in already? Have others shown enough in ressies? I'm not sure ...

Front row stays ...

Fullback?

Tracey I've seen people say? He's just got back, and played on the wing where he wasn't fantastic. The fullback in ressies is young ... too young to start 1st grade atm imo. Move Critta to fullback perhaps but his defence has been really good in the centres, would him going to fullback impact on that? Potentially Tracey or Xerri move into centre instead of him?

This is where potentially the changes could occur but ... I think it's too early imo. I'd like to see Xerri in 1st grade and Kiraz on the wing personally, but Wilson has been scoring tries ..

Fullback .... stays imo.

I really can't see us changing the lineup to much for now. As much as most want to see it, CC won't and I think it's probably the best choice as with the half & frontrow situation we don't have other options right now.

With the backline ... this isn't the starting 5 I'd pick but ... I'm not sure

knight will come in to replace the forward who failed the hia and ado carr may potentially come back to the team so someone in the backline will have to be dropped

would like to see kautoga to replace morrin on the bench

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
knight will come in to replace the forward who failed the hia and ado carr may potentially come back to the team so someone in the backline will have to be dropped

would like to see kautoga to replace morrin on the bench
Yeah, makes sense.

I'd agree with all of that tbh as it would be good to have some size on the bence instead of Morrin.

I'd like to see Kiraz back on the wing personally? Imagine the Fox comes in for Tracey. And that's about it?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, makes sense.

I'd agree with all of that tbh as it would be good to have some size on the bence instead of Morrin.

I'd like to see Kiraz back on the wing personally? Imagine the Fox comes in for Tracey. And that's about it?
harsh to drop Tracey, would prefer Tracey at fb for Taaffe with ado carr back on the wing

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And we have better cattle as well. Reason why spines are paid so much is they matter. Burton is no better than 2 years ago and still has no idea. Hutch, just no. Sexton couldn't get a run with the team we will compete with for 15th but we actually look better with him playing so that in itself speaks volumes.

Is what it is.
I've been screaming for Sexton to be half back since the trials. Hutchinson is just the halfback version of Perham IMO.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
harsh to drop Tracey, would prefer Tracey at fb for Taaffe with ado carr back on the wing
Yeah, I can see why you'd want that and can't argue against it but I just don't see it happening ... Yet. Guess we'll see on Tuesday

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been screaming for Sexton to be half back since the trials. Hutchinson is just the halfback version of Perham IMO.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
Anyone and everyone who watched the ressies play has said that Sexton has been absolutely terrible in defence.

There's no way he'll be playing firsts until that improves.