Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant stop laughing. Yes the boys certainly have brought the madness back. Check out the kennel this week and ive been one of worse. Certainly very mad. Well done coach.
And this weekend we might get to witness the eyes up footy. Yep i can see that brain dead elliot running around like a chook looking at sky saying.......daaaah like this coach...... nek minute falcon..... turnover..... i cant wait . Yep running around like puppies chasing birds sending every **** mad...... why didnt i come up with that game plan. No wonder they missed so many tackles.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Gus Gould has tipped the Dogs in a tight one. He got 1 out of 8 games right last week, so god help us.

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I cant stop laughing. Yes the boys certainly have brought the madness back. Check out the kennel this week and ive been one of worse. Certainly very mad. Well done coach.
And this weekend we might get to witness the eyes up footy. Yep i can see that brain dead elliot running around like a chook looking at sky saying.......daaaah like this coach...... nek minute falcon..... turnover..... i cant wait . Yep running around like puppies chasing birds sending every **** mad...... why didnt i come up with that game plan. No wonder they missed so many tackles.
HAHAHAHAHA thanks a lot mate,I now have orange juice coming out my nose & all over my computer screen :grinning:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with him in the centres is the way we defend. For some reason we still persist with that stupid up and in defence. Holland and Montoya came screaming up a few times last week and got burnt.

They would have trained with that defensive style all off season so it would be hard to throw CHN out in the centres. He might even cop more of a bath than the 2 we have got there now (if thats possible). And I actually watched CHN a few times in the centres for Penrith and he wasnt that good.

He should be starting at right back row. RFM at left. Jackson at lock

And as for the centres ? I have NFI.
I’m not to sure about the team training like that,
Those players darting out across our defensive line was crazy
It is very unorthodox and once they slipped up it was shut the gates
Pay didn’t teach that,
CHN still a good option,best player last week

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem with him in the centres is the way we defend. For some reason we still persist with that stupid up and in defence. Holland and Montoya came screaming up a few times last week and got burnt.

They would have trained with that defensive style all off season so it would be hard to throw CHN out in the centres. He might even cop more of a bath than the 2 we have got there now (if thats possible). And I actually watched CHN a few times in the centres for Penrith and he wasnt that good.

He should be starting at right back row. RFM at left. Jackson at lock

And as for the centres ? I have NFI.
So we sold off Josh Moz with 500 left in the kitty and now Montoya is our best centre?

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya. But woolford is crap full stop. Des let cook go coz Des is a fkn wanker. And now we have another shit coach who keeps lichaa but has also added the 2nd worst hooker ever in JMK to take up another position on the team. We are damned no matter what we do atm.
In saying that i was impressed with Marshcke the isp hooker against warriors . Crisp passing game and has a kicking game too which takes pressure ofr the halves. He is no cook or cam Smith but he couldnt do worse than the rubbish we already have
Marshcke you say? Crisp passing, has a kicking game, can probably tackle as well, seems the only thing he has in common with our FG hooker is he has a hard name to pronounce. Oh well bad Luck to him if his any good, We will never see him in FG at the Bulldogs.:laughing:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Marshcke you say? Crisp passing, has a kicking game, can probably tackle as well, seems the only thing he has in common with our FG hooker is he has a hard name to pronounce. Oh well bad Luck to him if his any good, We will never see him in FG at the Bulldogs.:laughing:
He's also not in the top 30 and he spent majority of last season in ron massey cup for Glebe because he couldn't oust Blayke Brailey at Newtown.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hehe - just when you thought I wasn't going to stick my head in - HERE I AM and full of sass.
Interesting game for both sides me thinks.
You guys played like the Eels 2018 last week - YES you were THAT bad and you know it.
On the other hand I could not find any player to really complain about in our side.
Yep - first round and it wasn't all that pretty but for ONCE we actually played as a team and didn't drop our heads when the game was there for the Pennies to win.
With Brown and M Jennings out I think we are going to struggle a bit.
Your guys should be fired up and looking to smash everyone - if you ain't then you got BIIIIIIIIIIIIG problems.
If I was a betting man I think I would be going each way.
If you guys win it could be by a reasonable margin - if Eels win I think it will be a bit like last week for us.
EELS TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone else not bothered to watch us but you still have to?

Kind of slowing down looking at a car accident...
You're on fire lately. Spot on with just the right mix of sarcasm and wit....only a Dogs supporter would fully appreciate it lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You're on fire lately. Spot on with just the right mix of sarcasm and wit....only a Dogs supporter would fully appreciate it lol.
Well somebody has to entertain us fans since our team doesn't lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hehe - just when you thought I wasn't going to stick my head in - HERE I AM and full of sass.
You guys played like the Eels 2018 last week - YES you were THAT bad and you know it.
On the other hand I could not find any player to really complain about in our side.
Yep - first round and it wasn't all that pretty but for ONCE we actually played as a team and didn't drop our heads when the game was there for the Pennies to win.
Your guys should be fired up and looking to smash everyone - if you ain't then you got BIIIIIIIIIIIIG problems.
If you guys win it could be by a reasonable margin - if Eels win I think it will be a bit like last week for us.
EELS TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome back Sir!

Just don't rub it in too much when you demolish us...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
EELS TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!
Typical eels supporter.... wins one game and claims it as another premiership. Not fault one player in your side. They must be a bloody good side this eels team i hear about.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya, Lichaa and to a lesser extent Holland are all going to be on their last chance this weekend.

If we don't win against the Eels (An improvement isn't enough), expect to see Meaney, Cogger and Martin come into the fold at the least.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose this weekend god help us all teams will smell blood in the water.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully the Dogs confirm Robson before the Eels game to light a fire under Lichaa to play his arse off in hope of attracting another side.
Robson would be a good get, from what I have seen he's pretty quick and has good vision. We have the cap space, just need to shed a top 30 player. We only have 4 Development Players, can have 6, so maybe drop one of the 30 back to Development status.

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Losing this game would be a massive blow for Arthur when it comes to contract renewal

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well somebody has to entertain us fans since our team doesn't lol
Yeah it's hard to feel upbeat....and so soon into the season... it's deja vu to all the hopelessness and negativity with results, effort, frustration of players left, leaving, shopped...I'm over thinking the Dogs will be a force any decade soon :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.