OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lets just say he has a very distinctive posting style, You will work it out.
Ease up Uncle Joe. Can one not speak out against the regime yet at the same still craving that all illusive success that everyone else does?
You must have voted for Campbell Newman when he was elected Premier right?

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

Reaction score
I wonder if us having Xerri as 18th man could mean we pull Taaffe last minute, move Critta to FB and Bronson into the centres?

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s hard to say, but it looks like the Bulldogs this year are shapes that don’t fit together whether that’s the coaching or not you can all decide, but I have to say we are poorly coached.
But that’s okay it’s only round one
Time for that bulldog bounceback factor let’s just get it done.
60% chance of rain on Friday will that actually shut us out of the game or benefit us?
I'm not sure we are that poorly coached remembering its not just CC but Taylor as well as Gus behind the scenes who are winning and experienced coaches. CC is young so I am sure he is up with the latest tactics and systems. He was involved with the Panters system which has won 3 years in a row. Just replicating that should improve us overall.

I just thnk it is what it is which is its just year 2 or a long term change. Gould told CC not to come last year as it was still a transitional period so really its CC first proper year with the new structures in place.

I think the shapes don't fit because they are still evolving and being established. We are both trying to develop our players through systems but also trying to keep the board happy with quick results. So we have part of the team developing and part with established players who have to fit all together smoothly. That will take time.

Reaction score
At this point if xerri were to come in he’d play centre with critta kiraz wing and Tracey fullback
Bronson to centre that’s what I said yeah. I doubt we’d move critta to wing bro.. based off what you’ve said there who’d be the other centre?

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not sure we are that poorly coached remembering its not just CC but Taylor as well as Gus behind the scenes who are winning and experienced coaches. CC is young so I am sure he is up with the latest tactics and systems. He was involved with the Panters system which has won 3 years in a row. Just replicating that should improve us overall.

I just thnk it is what it is which is its just year 2 or a long term change. Gould told CC not to come last year as it was still a transitional period so really its CC first proper year with the new structures in place.

I think the shapes don't fit because they are still evolving and being established. We are both trying to develop our players through systems but also trying to keep the board happy with quick results. So we have part of the team developing and part with established players who have to fit all together smoothly. That will take time.
I clearly remember Gould saying there will be more pain to come after last year but the kennel, and to be fair most supporters (including me) tend to ignore that and expect / hope for a vast improvement. I think we'll improve but doubt we finish better then tenth.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Correct, so there will be fifty posts saying ‘his shit’ before half time. Kennel Logic 101 :-).
Make a mistake and you’re shit and should be replaced by a nsw cup player just as bad.. 101.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taffe should be on notice. Kiraz needs to go back to wing soon. Hutchinson should be on notice. Burton should probably be on notice too, but for mine Hutch and Sexton are not better options. Salmon should be on notice, Morrin should only play once the club replenishes its front row stocks Fifita, Knight, Sutton, Patolo. I would at the least play Kaotoga in the second row and as a temporary measure rotate Preston and Curran at lock.
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Kaotoga
13. Preston
Bench:
Mann
Curran
Faamasuali
Knight/Patolo
Curran replaces Preston late first half and stays at lock. Preston gives both Kikau and Kaotoga a break in the second half. Serious consideration in a months time at the latest to be given to Sexton, BBO, Papali'i Xerri and Skelton if the sidebis being hopelessly outclassed at NRL level.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I clearly remember Gould saying there will be more pain to come after last year but the kennel, and to be fair most supporters (including me) tend to ignore that and expect / hope for a vast improvement. I think we'll improve but doubt we finish better then tenth.
We're looking at a bottom 3 finish - 15h, 16th, 17th. 10th would be a great season considering everything (doubt we'll be close to 10th tho).

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Idk if this is true but the Talking League podcast said, Tracey came here to play fb. Seeing Xerri is 18th man. There might be possibility of a late switch with Taaffe. I can’t see it happening so soon as Tracey has had no preseason.

Reactions: ATT
Status
Not open for further replies.