OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some here seem to be high on him but fuck I'm not happy with Salmon starting. We need some fuckin size/go forward at lock.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
The frustrating thing is we can all see selections CC could make to make the side better and he doesn't do it. I know we don't see training etc etc, but CC lost cred with that argument by playing Perham at FB so long. Perham is now one more bad game from Ron Masey. Its just frustrating when we are not picking the team that gives us the best chance of winning. Taafe needs a spell, we need a bigger body in for Morrin, either Knight, Patolo or Kitone, Sexton is easily the best half we have and needs to be in the team. Also if he wants to play the panthers style Skelton needs to be in the team. Wilson is good and maybe makes 150 m, but Skelton could make 200+ and skittle blokes getting a quick play the ball also he will attract defenders opening up space for the centre.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All good bro.

We all just want a successful team. I could probably best sum it up this way.

I listen to most podcasts because I spend a lot of time travelling for work. I am not a Brent Read fan at all but he made a good point about our performance on the weekend. Said something like :

“It didn’t surprise me and it shouldn’t surprise anyone. Everyone thought :

a) - they would be better than last year : and
b) - they still won’t play finals though because they lack a quality half back and quality middle forwards “.

And that was the difference on the weekend “.

Simple, but true.

What I can’t cop is idiots blaming Gus for not plugging them holes. In that same podcast Brent Read said we should have went harder for Moses and Jimmy Graham picked him up on it. Told him Moses was never leaving.
We can't hide away from the truth, every Bulldogs supporter and his dog knew it, what bothers me is the way News Crap people use our misfortunes (unlike other clubs) to keep us down by using very negative publicity against us,
Latest eg. " Bulldogs becoming a grave yard".
On the other hand we have many pretenders who call themselves fans who can't or won't acknowledge the extremes Gus & Co had gone through to sign a list of classy halfbacks & props,
One exception I believe we missed on a possible opportunity to sign Haas in the offseason of 2023 but due to the fact he was asking for too much before the cap had risen also he was still contracted for2-3 at the Gronkos who most likely weren't going to release him anyway but I know that Tevita Pangirl Junior was prepared to take a pay cut to reunite with his girlfriend !

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't know how to download now? I've tried play store and it doesn't allow me to download the kennel since uninstalling it to rectify the issues I've had with it yesterday
I could re download it but still won’t work idk what’s up with it

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our useless coach was never changing much it took him half a year to realise Perham was tripe

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or was he way better at rabbits ? Yet again we have made hardly any line breaks in trials and first round to see what he is like in space .
Better side though hard to know how good he is. Can we give the bloke 4-6 weeks though. Crighton sure ain’t a FB and Tracey isn’t a FG one. Taffe was solid at the rabbits but look at that side he was playing- I recon you and I could look decent playing for that side.

Prepared to give him 6 weeks then reassess

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taaffe should have been out, CC is doing him no favours selecting him when his confidence is shot!! This coach is absolute trash lol. And as for XERRI .. what a waste of a signing leaving him out. Sick of it.
I don't know how to download now? I've tried play store and it doesn't allow me to download the kennel since uninstalling it to rectify the issues I've had with it yesterday
Just access from Google chrome that’s what I’m doing now

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't hide away from the truth, every Bulldogs supporter and his dog knew it, what bothers me is the way News Crap people use our misfortunes (unlike other clubs) to keep us down by using very negative publicity against us,
Latest eg. " Bulldogs becoming a grave yard".
On the other hand we have many pretenders who call themselves fans who can't or won't acknowledge the extremes Gus & Co had gone through to sign a list of classy halfbacks & props,
One exception I believe we missed on a possible opportunity to sign Haas in the offseason of 2023 but due to the fact he was asking for too much before the cap had risen also he was still contracted for2-3 at the Gronkos who most likely weren't going to release him anyway but I know that Tevita Pangirl Junior was prepared to take a pay cut to reunite with his girlfriend !
Yep it’s a tough slog mate.

We can sign a high quality half back because we don’t have good middles. Moses knew that.

And elite middles won’t come until we strengthen our pack so they don’t have to carry the others.

Only choice is to build from within and then hopefully be in a position to sign elite players when needed

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What about the fact that the Eels threw over 20 offloads and yet they complete at around 90%.
On the other hand, we play the most boring style of 5 hitups and a mid field bomb (no one even close to throwing an offload) and we can't complete over 60% of our sets.
I would much rather watch a Mick Potter style footy, where at least we threw the ball around and tried to create some space. If we lose, well we went down swinging. In round one we didn't even fire a shot and still got belted. So disappointing....

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This has most likely been mentioned as i couldn't be bothered scrolling through the thread but Braden Hamlin-Uele not playing is a big out for them. He kills us everytime we play them and is easily their best go forward which is our biggest weakness.
I think if i had the choice of picking 3 players of there's to rule out for them it would be Nico, him and then Nikora, so hopefully we can make the most of it.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm with everyone else.
1. Tracey (more upside in attack) and Taafe needs to get his confidence up under the high ball in reggies. If Tracey doesn't work, I would give Papalii a crack (if Galvin at the Tigers can get a run then why not Joash?)
Wings - Kiraz and Skelton (we need metres from Skelly and offloads from Jacob)
Centres - Critta and Xerri (those tough carries from Bronson are essential to with the arm wrestle)
Halves - Burton and Sexy
Props - King and Hughes (Hughes is bigger and has a good engine)
2nd row - Kiks and Presto, Curran at lock (Salmon doesn't offer any size or for those who say he is a ball player - Curran has the same if not more ability).
Bench: Mann (stop giving away penalties dude), Famasuuli, Salmon and Kitone or Knight (we need more size).
Don't now how much longer I can support Ciraldo when he keeps making dud selections, thinking they will come good. Perham never did man and it cost us our season. Players need to know if they earn it, they get a call up. And others can get dropped no matter who they are.....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the fact that the Eels threw over 20 offloads and yet they complete at around 90%.
On the other hand, we play the most boring style of 5 hitups and a mid field bomb (no one even close to throwing an offload) and we can't complete over 60% of our sets.
I would much rather watch a Mick Potter style footy, where at least we threw the ball around and tried to create some space. If we lose, well we went down swinging. In round one we didn't even fire a shot and still got belted. So disappointing....
FFS, we dropped the ball 14 times in the game and had around 10% of the possession for the first 1/4 of the game. It's a sign of the improvement in our fitness, endurance and improved defence that we weren't down by 30 before half time. If we can manage to not drop the ball then there might be some chance that we can actually play offence rather than expending all of our physical and mental energy on defence.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Curran needs to start, Tracey for Taafe and Kitone for Morrin at a minimum.
I think Kitone will replace Morrin on the bench, he is listed as an "out" for the NSW cup team. You never know, maybe Tracey replaces Taaffe, Kiraz goes to the wing and Xerri comes in.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This has most likely been mentioned as i couldn't be bothered scrolling through the thread but Braden Hamlin-Uele not playing is a big out for them. He kills us everytime we play them and is easily their best go forward which is our biggest weakness.
I think if i had the choice of picking 3 players of there's to rule out for them it would be Nico, him and then Nikora, so hopefully we can make the most of it.
I'll take care of Nico . . . I will make him my S.C. captain,if history is any indicator,he is as good as fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.