OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Xerri is ready for FG to be honest, I watched the nsw cup game, he played well but struggled a bit in defence, made a few easy miss tackles. I think Skelton deserves to be called up for this round.

Last edited:

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Though that Zane was out with a PCL injury? Is Skelton suspended for that shot on that Parra centre, I don't know where on the internet to find such info? Great front-on hit but unfortunately just caught his chin.
I can't find anything either with a quick search. I would expect he would get a fine as I think he has a pretty good record. The NRL site hasn't got Zane as injured but have the Fox and Sutton only.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
. A centre on the wing (one that says he dislikes playing wing because he doesn’t like the highball) the best fullback in the squad at 5/8 (we probably have
Don’t worry I felt like crying myself at the game on Saturday night especially that last 15 minutes.
One out stuff right till the final whistle.
Need to commend thousands of our supporters who largely stayed the entire eighty.
Many things went wrong for us in that game and need to be addressed but that last 15 minutes was pure exhaustion due to sheer weight of possession parra had. We did well not to cop a bigger ass walloping.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Pappali'i/Tracey
2. Wilson
3. Crighton
4. Tracey/Xerri
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. BBO/Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Kautoga
13. Preston
14. Mann
15. Curran
16. Faamasuali
17. Knight/Patolo/Tetevano

Alot of contentious positions; says alot about where the club is at. Preston starts lock then replaced by Curran, before giving both Kikau and Kautoga a break in the second half. Morrin and Salmon out. Salmon is a second rower. Morrin only plays once the frontrow rotation is settled and then only plays limited minutes at lock if at all.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Many things went wrong for us in that game and need to be addressed but that last 15 minutes was pure exhaustion due to sheer weight of possession parra had. We did well not to cop a bigger ass walloping.
100% dogs of previous years would have copped 40+. Flood gates would have opened and we would have conceded earlier. We look switc on and hungry in defence which we weren’t last year. Goal kicking and the intercept try made it look like a blowout. And we were attacking the line to make it 3 try’s all with 4 to go.

Wasn’t as big as a disaster as everyone was saying. Well not big enough to start experimenting with Critta at fullback, Xerri on the wing, Burton at centre and what ever else reshuffle. I still stand by my opinion that Tracey when fit comes in at fullback. And Xerri starts at centre with Kiraz on the wing. Kiraz shouldn’t dictate yet. He is a second year player. First time full time player. He is a better winger the centre. Wilson needs to develop in Cup. If his form is undeniable then bring him back up. To throw him at Fullback as I heard others mentioning…… wow. It’s like some fans are masochist and wanting to see pain and struggling :p

Our left side is lethal. We need to unlock that left edge with early ball. The Burton kick to the foxx has been deadly for 2 seasons. Now with critta and kiks on either side of Burton we need that side to get early clean ball with an overlap and they will do the rest. Hopefully JAC is back soon so combos can be developed.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long do we wait to blood someone like Josh Papali ?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s hard to say, but it looks like the Bulldogs this year are shapes that don’t fit together whether that’s the coaching or not you can all decide, but I have to say we are poorly coached.
But that’s okay it’s only round one
Time for that bulldog bounceback factor let’s just get it done.
60% chance of rain on Friday will that actually shut us out of the game or benefit us?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s hard to say, but it looks like the Bulldogs this year are shapes that don’t fit together whether that’s the coaching or not you can all decide, but I have to say we are poorly coached.
60% chance of rain on Friday will that actually shut us out of the game or benefit us?
Shut us out

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let me guess the ref is Ashley Klein Or Chris Sutton?

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Does it really make any difference. They all only ref one team. Us :grinning:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are poorly coached? Lmao.. ur an idiot.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Does it really make any difference. They all only ref one team. Us :grinning:
I said it on the weekend.. i would love to see Atkins ref a Storm game to see if he lets them wrestle teams and slow down the ruck or smashes them with penalties like he did to us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I said it on the weekend.. i would love to see Atkins ref a Storm game to see if he lets them wrestle teams and slow down the ruck or smashes them with penalties like he did to us.
I think you, me, Bulldogs fans and the whole rugby league loving fraternity already know the answer to that.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Referees: Peter Gough;Sideline Officials: Damian Brady, Phil Henderson;Video Referees: Todd Smith;

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Referees: Peter Gough;Sideline Officials: Damian Brady, Phil Henderson;Video Referees: Todd Smith;
Oh noooo... Peter Gough shits himself from home crowds. Those Sharks fans will eat him alive.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hope we fuckin win! Hate losing there
The only way that we will win is if they get a player sent off in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.