Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Swap Averillo and Wilson and that’s a perfect scenario imo
Only reason that I went Wilson at 1 is to see if he has what it takes as a NRL fullback. Averillo is leaving so not worried about his development. That was the toughest decision though out of the 2.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t believe he dropped Hayze, after apparently a horrendous game. Dan Ginnane jokingly said they should put him down, the club were critical of those comments, but in a way they have put him down by dropping him completely!
Hayze might be rattled and asked for time off mate.
Of course the keyboard warriors will call him 'soft' if that's true, but he's copped it deluxe in the last 48 hours from being booed, Ginnane etc. He's a young fella who clearly isn't a long term fullback but even in the face of the flogging we got on Sunday he doesn't deserve the pile on. A break will do him good.

Jonboi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t know why you’re all freaking out he’s going to massively change it before the game anyway

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Topine has FG experience he will do a job there for us.
Yeah, he will. But he'd do an even better job playing 80mins, one in on the right-edge (his natural position), instead of Okunbor. A position he has not been selected in for 18 (now 19 rounds), even though the team has struggled badly for so long.

Credit where it's due, though. Ciraldo (finally) dropped Perham.
Yes, it's about 12-14 rounds too late, which raises big questions about the long-term viability of the coach's decision-making and tactical abilities, but at least he's finally done it (although, I can see a situation where he was given no choice). Hopefully, it removes a psychological block for Ciraldo, and he can get on with implementing some positive changes.

He also took Alamoti & Rajab out of the firing line. That had to be done. They now get to go back to reggies to see how/if they can bounce back. I wouldn't expect to see either in 1st grade again this year.

The positions still could change before game day, but the players selected are probably close to our currently available best 17.
Still not convinced by Okunbor, RFM, & Flangan though. I think we'd be stronger with others in their places.

I still think Wilson is the Fullback. I don't not like Jake there (should have had the pre-season there), but he's leaving now so it smacks very much like bolting horses and slowly closed barn doors.

Before game day, would like to see (as a minimum):
* Wilson to Fullback
* Jake back to Centre
* Topine to Right-Edge
* Okunbor to 19th (replacement)
* Skelton in at wing

I could be happy with that, but with just a little extra refining, you could then go:
* Edwards to Lock
* RFM to reggies
* Patalo to bench

Selecting Flanagan is quite the regressive step for mine, but I can see why: coverage for Mahoney & the debutant half. So, fair enough I guess.

Overall, probably the best day CC has had on a Tuesday for several months - but HE still has much to do and recover from, given HIS performances over that time. Let's hope he is now on the up, he can get these guys playing for him, and they turn in a more Bulldog-like performance this week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hayze might be rattled and asked for time off mate.
Of course the keyboard warriors will call him 'soft' if that's true, but he's copped it deluxe in the last 48 hours from being booed, Ginnane etc. He's a young fella who clearly isn't a long term fullback but even in the face of the flogging we got on Sunday he doesn't deserve the pile on. A break will do him good.
He should've been dropped months ago. This whole situation is on the club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Perham should never of had a preseason or started the season at fullback. A massive mistake that was so obvious at the time. Anyone claiming hindsight (hopefuls love doing this) need to get in the bin. Everyone that has happened to Perham is on Ciraldo. The commentators comments were spot on.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Patolo back for Edwards and maybe EQW over Topine but I actually can somewhat understand the selection as Skelton defense is horrible and he played awful in Cup
Haha .. I’ve seen this bloke play and don’t understand the hype . Bog average

He’s that horrible in defence they’ve pushed out to the wing and he still sucks but let’s give him a NRL debut

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We wanted changes he gave us changes

And people still crying

Reality is we have a very shit list so it doesn’t matter what 17 is picked some will always complain
We wanted changes but I don’t think anyone wanted topine in the centres

Didn’t he play there a couple
Of times this year and get absolutely destroyed?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fucking lol Ciraldud.

Didn't Topine get absolutely raped at centre last time we played Souffs when Fox went down?

Told you knockonbor would be picked again. FFS
I hope any souffs player knocks knoconmore into tomorrow, so sick of seeing this useless **** selected every fucking game!!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Perham should never of had a preseason or started the season at fullback. A massive mistake that was so obvious at the time. Anyone claiming hindsight (hopefuls love doing this) need to get in the bin. Everyone that has happened to Perham is on Ciraldo. The commentators comments were spot on.
Thanks Mr. Expert. What's it like knowing everything?
Actually, you're the last person to answer that question :-).