Round 18 ISP Bulldogs V Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Georgeallis (sp) is doing a pretty solid job with the team at the moment. Defence has improved and the attack is coming along nicely.

Hope they win tomorrow because Penrith blew the doors of Blacktown Workers Manly Warringah Sea Eagles today.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our young halves seem to be coming on nicely

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finally; an afternoon where all three of our teams play at the same ground on the same day. Though this season has been disappointing for us all I shall be there tomorrow hoping that we can actually win all three grades; not holding my breath mind you but ever hopeful;.....

I would love nothing more for the ISP team to have a win tomorrow. There is something different about them this year and they are actually starting to play some nice footy. Have great memories of our three years of domination in the second tier competition but that came to a shuddering halt post Hasler.

Make it count boys....

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis is that good he's starting half and number 15 on the bench!!!
Hey who edited the team list
It was funnier with 2 Lachlan Lewis's not a Lachlan lee lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, the Broncos, Titans, Cowboys and Storm don't have ISP teams in NSW, they play in the equivalent in Qld. Even Canberra has Mt Pritchard, Chooks Wyong and whoever this week has Newtown. When you add it all up there is still some similarity but not as much as you would think. It's a 12 team comp - not 16.
Yeah i get this, but your missing the point. What im saying is that all the teams that are afiliated with an NRL team should play at the same ground on the same day as their NRL team. This is how it used to be. And i think that as a fan you should be interested in all grades and the ISP is a good quality competition as well so you would get two games for the price of one.
As for the broncos and north QLD they both have feeder teams in the Q cup who could also play curtain raiser games for them.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be a cracking game as the bulldogs had a hard fought win over the warriors with Josh Cleeland the match winner 2 mins from time, and Rod Griffin running for a round high 242m and making 37 tackles, and Rhyss Martin making 145m and 37 tackles leading the way upfront, while newcastle smashed a woeful tigers side.
Bulldogs lineup as follows:

1. Brad Abbey
2. Reimis Smith
3. Richie Kennar
4. Brenko Lee
5. Tyrone Phillips
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Raymond Moujalli
9. Craig Garvey
10. Renouf To'Omaga
11. Bronson Garlick
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Rod Griffin

14. Zachary Woolford
15. Lachlan Lee
16. Siaopo Tagaloa
17. Joshua Bergamin

19. Hayden Ashcroft
20. Thomas carr

BRING IT ON BOYS!! HOPE YOU CAN GIVE US FANS SOMETHING TO CHEER FOR, AND GET YOURSELVES IN THE ISP TOP 4!!!
This team would possibly beat our nrl team I reckon. Not a bad team at all. Certainly a more exciting team to watch.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They lost 24 - 4
Not only did they lose they were terrible. I doubt they got through more than 4 or 5 sets during the whole game. just kept spilling the ball and doing dumb things. they were that bad that Griffin looked like a FG player. The only one who did his rep no harm was To'omaga. He's much bigger now than he was earlier in the year and looks like a genuine prop rather than back rower now.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knights Down Dogs At Belmore
Josh Bolling

Sun 9th July, 03:30PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs host the Newcastle Knights in Round 18 of the Intrust Super Premiership NSW. Image: NRL Photos.

The Newcastle Knights have secured a comprehensive victory over the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs by winning 24-4 in a dominant display for the away side on a sunny afternoon at Belmore Sports Ground.

The opening deadlock would be broken after 11 minutes when a deft grubber would find the Bulldogs in-goal area, with Thomas Cronan beating everyone to the ball and falling on it to give the Knights the first points of the afternoon. Bryce Donovan converted to account for all possible points.

A loose ball within the Bulldogs' 20 metres found the hands of Tyler Randell, who would have thought himself untouchable as he scurried through some flimsy defense up the middle and planted the ball down just left of the uprights to give his side a commanding 12-point lead.

Newcastle would strike a cruel blow only moments before half-time through Tom Starling. A late inclusion for this match, he scooted out of dummy-half and sold the dummy to crash over just to the right of the posts with Donovan making it 3/3 with the boot taking his side to an 18-0 half-time lead.

The second half would start much better for the Bulldogs when Thomas Carr was able to create some space for himself as the link man against a retreating and sliding Newcastle defensive line; a simple dummy was enough to carry a defender over and get the Bulldogs back in the match. The conversion was unsuccessful, leaving the score at 18-4.

It wasn’t long before Newcastle would put a dent in the Bulldogs resurgence as another classy piece of play from Starling found open space with a grubber in behind the ruck and Bradie Smith would get the ball down only just before the dead-ball line. Donovan continued his perfect run with the kicking tee to create a seemingly insurmountable lead with only 20 minutes left on the clock.

Much of the second half was fought in the middle of the park with the forwards coming up with plenty of heavy contact as many of the smaller men unable to get a many opportunities as both sides sought to clean up their defensive lines.

The Bulldogs would continue in vain to try and spark a late revival, but with too little discipline and possession, they were unable to break a resilient Newcastle defensive line that continued to deny the Bulldogs as they had done for majority of the afternoon. With the boys from Newcastle controlling the last 10 minutes of the match perfectly, they find themselves well within the race for the finals and their season’s destiny in their own hands and finishing the game winning 24-4.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/07/09/report_canterbury_ba.html

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not only did they lose they were terrible. I doubt they got through more than 4 or 5 sets during the whole game. just kept spilling the ball and doing dumb things. they were that bad that Griffin looked like a FG player. The only one who did his rep no harm was To'omaga. He's much bigger now than he was earlier in the year and looks like a genuine prop rather than back rower now.
what do you mean by griffin looked like a first grader?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lost becauae Brenko didn't play, obviously.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finally; an afternoon where all three of our teams play at the same ground on the same day. Though this season has been disappointing for us all I shall be there tomorrow hoping that we can actually win all three grades; not holding my breath mind you but ever hopeful;.....

I would love nothing more for the ISP team to have a win tomorrow. There is something different about them this year and they are actually starting to play some nice footy. Have great memories of our three years of domination in the second tier competition but that came to a shuddering halt post Hasler.

Make it count boys....

Know I am quoting my own post but it was very disappointing to see the boys be beaten. Excuses can be offered that they were weakened by two of our strongest forwards going up to first grade but we still had a decent side. They have certainly bulked up Lachlan Lee and he had a good dig too and he hit the line hard. I thought a stand out in the game was Ray Moujalli our elder statesman, led from the front and showed enthusiasm. We played a back of the bench too in Tom Carr and he scored our only try, a pretty nice effort I might add off a lovely pass . Bergamin came in for Brenko Lee who warmed up with first grade. They saved their worst footy for yesterday and it was a real shame. So out of yesterday we had DRAW< LOSS<WIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.