Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - NRL / NSWRL / NYC Team Lists and Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I usually dont care about nsw losing, but having 5 bulldogs player In the team and getting arse raped was really embarrasing as a dogs fan. .....and now this.
Your are being spit roasted

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We might be able to stay in the top 8 after this round is done though!

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
-we didnt have the best night, we were always flat footed and was waiting for the opponents to come to us every set they had, which created them to gain more metres because of our laziness.
-our halves kept kicking the ball in the air and straight to the chest of the fullback or winger(s) of the opponents, which they should of taken advantage of the weather by kicking grubbers so it is harder to pick up the ball, being so the ball is all wet which could result to a knock on.
-our fowards werent making great metres, they seemed lazy or tired.
-when we were defending, we werent wrapping ourselves around the ball to not allow brisbane to get an offload , but we werent successful

it just wasnt our night, but the boys will wake up now and bounce back next week strong.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Settle down that's the team coming first, with a mountain of possession and we only lose by one try... Wow some people very hard to pls, take a chill pill it's one game, lost by 8 pts they offered nothing we couldn't handle.. The dogs are right in this, just need a fair share of possession which we didn't get tonight, at home mind you......
Wow and obviously some people are terribly easy to please. It's not just one game we are now 8/8 and things just aren't going to magically happen. If they offered nothing we couldn't handle then why the hell didn't we handle it?

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys seriously you need to calm down
Broncos played very well and it was only 3 tries to 2
They played an 8 out of 10 and we played a 6 and still barely won that game
Broncos have been the best team this year
We will improve we just need to keep winning to make the 8 and then hopefully have enough time to gel to make a dent in the finals
Seriously we have had a **** load of injuries and suspensions

It ain't over yet
We weren't going to play with depth and standing deep it's wet weather footy you would get smashed

One big thing we had in 2012 was support players running off the forwards for some reason we stopped doing that as much

Keating was a great supporting half and so is Reynolds
Mbye lacks that at times and so does lichaa
We need to have guys pushing up with our forwards into holes to be ready
Tonight Jackson and lane and even Reynolds at one point were in the back field with no support in sight and it cost us

Broncos don't have much more improvement in them they had a full team and have had a full team for most of the year
Where as we have had to chop and change week to week constantly due to injury or suspension
Graham was also pretty rusty as expected but will be better for the run
Please no more talk about Hodko he is shit

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not worried. Attitude wasn't there last night. Going from a pcked Belmore > bye > ANZ probably also contirbuted to lack of energy from the boys.

We werern't really that bad, The Broncs just played mistake freee footy and did most things right. And their defence was awesome.

Lane will learn he needs to pay attention 100% of the time, no rests out there. And Mbye will learn that playing field possesion in key.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Im not worried. Attitude wasn't there last night. Going from a pcked Belmore > bye > ANZ probably also contirbuted to lack of energy from the boys.

We werern't really that bad, The Broncs just played mistake freee footy and did most things right. And their defence was awesome.

Lane will learn he needs to pay attention 100% of the time, no rests out there. And Mbye will learn that playing field possesion in key.
That exactly right we played shit and lost by a try can you imagine we turned up and played 100%

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, after sitting through that painful travesty last night I, like many of you are was f***ing filthy by what we dished up last night, simple errors, terrible defensive lapses and getting hammered up the middle, knocking on from a scrum after back to back sets, lafai playing arguably his worst game in a dogs jersey, etc. But after a cooling down and reflecting on that "performance" and the conditions, only losing by 8 against a quailty side on top of the table, who had our measure all night, while still tough to take could have been a lot worse.

I'm tipping a massive performance from the boys on Friday, our run starts against the parra. 20+ win I can feel it :grinning:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Well, after sitting through that painful travesty last night I, like many of you are was f***ing filthy by what we dished up last night, simple errors, terrible defensive lapses and getting hammered up the middle, knocking on from a scrum after back to back sets, lafai playing arguably his worst game in a dogs jersey, etc. But after a cooling down and reflecting on that "performance" and the conditions, only losing by 8 against a quailty side on top of the table, who had our measure all night, while still tough to take could have been a lot worse.

I'm tipping a massive performance from the boys on Friday, our run starts against the parra. 20+ win I can feel it :grinning:
We can beat any team ,problem is which team is going to turn up

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have never been so disengaged from watching a bulldogs match. I think I even started yawning, I went home with 15 mins to go and wasn't even interested in the final score.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I listened to it on the radio but from watching the highlights and from what I head this is what I have gathered:

-Mbye didn't have a fun night - considering he was average against the Panthers too, hopefully it was just somewhat of a slump rather than technical deficiencies
-Lane missed what was a crucial tackle on an admittedly borderline forward pass on Thaiday, though really you sort of can't complain on the forward pass as teams get away with that every week; they're consistent with a ruling it's just they don't normally rule it. On Lane, he's young, that'll sort some time.
-Brisbane played it very well at times where they starved us of the ball - nine out of ten times when a team has a lot of repeat sets something cracks
-Maybe related to that point on Mbye but apparently there was little attacking spark from us, and when we can get our full team on the pitch consistently i'm sure that'll fix itself. A reason that Brisbane are topping is that they've had little team changes and have kept similar teams playing each week.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow and obviously some people are terribly easy to please. It's not just one game we are now 8/8 and things just aren't going to magically happen. If they offered nothing we couldn't handle then why the hell didn't we handle it?
Fatigue got us.. I'm not happy with loss but not worried at all.. We always struggle against sides that are heavy dummy half runners

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We played very poor footy and believe me it was a very quiet and long trip home last night from the game.

Let me sum it up: we were crap, the refs were crap, Broncos took their chances and Alfie Langer was man of the match.Well, he spent every single set of six on the field when Brisbane had the ball, came on on the first and off on the fifth when the ball was about to change hands. Surprised that one of our guys did not run up out of the defensive line to smash him, that was how involved in the play he was. I think what saved him was the fact he was wearing a blue shirt.Lol.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is johnson off contract he is the perfect player for us he has great support play, speed and a good kicking game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fatigue got us.. I'm not happy with loss but not worried at all.. We always struggle against sides that are heavy dummy half runners
You are kidding, our whole structure and gameplan was terrible.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When is johnson off contract he is the perfect player for us he has great support play, speed and a good kicking game
Doesn't matter who we buy, Des will always go with a forward dominated gameplan. Johnson would half the player he is under our current style.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really... This does usually happen at the back of fatigue and lack of possession
Not in this case. We were back to the old forward dominant gameplan. You can see that with how the players were setup, halves pushed out wider, playing towards the sideline, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.