Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - NRL / NSWRL / NYC Team Lists and Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sides updated, including the NSW Cup sides and coverage information.

I'd love to see the following run out for the game:

1. B Morris
2. Rona
3. J Morris
4. Lafai
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Klemmer
15. Kasiano
16. Lane
17. Browne

That side would tear the Broncos a fifth arsehole (because they've already got Boyd, Parker, Thaiday, Hodges that are the other 4).

GUARANTEE Hodges will play..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Loud Parrot over Lane?
Different positions. We need to carry 6 middle forwards and 3 edge forwards into this game, especially with players backing up. Broncos will shift us side to side all night and we could crumble. Hopefully we don't waste a bench spot on a half again.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto, Mr Invisible.

That's the strongest side we can possibly field and most probably the best side we have since Des has taken the reigns at Belmore

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Updated first post with all game times.

Missed adding a spare post for NYC Team List.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love to see...

Borris
CoRona
Jorris
Laffi
Parrot
Mumbai
Plodko
Trollman
Lichaa
King
JayJay
Crankie
Beastie

Fatty
Klemminator
Lane
JR
Oh man that's funny shit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just on Lloyd, he is averaging 8.5m a run, Kas is averaging 8.7m a run. Lloyd is also making 20.9 tackles a game compared to Kas that makes 15.5 tackles a game. So Lloyd is easily holding his own in FG when he gets a crack, dunno why people give him crap.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the club agreeing that Hodkinson is obviously not in the future plans thus Reynolds and Mbye our future 6 & 7, on what planet are you living in thinking Reynolds might possibly be dropped?
The planet of common sense and reason. I would rather Hodko dropped because one non-disastrous game does not equate to him being "back in form" but it's pretty obvious Des won't just drop him after origin. A half on the bench is a waste

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The planet of common sense and reason. I would rather Hodko dropped because one non-disastrous game does not equate to him being "back in form" but it's pretty obvious Des won't just drop him after origin. A half on the bench is a waste
What about Josh's multiple brain explosions? Do we forget that? Massive risk relying on him in a key position.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A half on the bench is definitely a waste and Hodko should and must be dropped. Des did drop Hodko for the Dragons game and he could of definitely played as he did SFA in Origin 1.

Anyways, it is what it is and I have some weird feeling a month from finals time our 6 & 7 will be Reynolds & Hodkinson something which I am not keen on

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about Josh's multiple brain explosions? Do we forget that? Massive risk relying on him in a key position.
Maybe hoko should have a brain explosion or 2, at least then we know his putting in 100% lol

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Put it this way, Josh has had approximately 4-5 brain explosion games this year. Hodko has had 14 disastrous games and 1 game where he was non-disastrous because he let Moses do all the kicks and ran the ball a few times. Josh is a risk but I'd rather risk on someone who will actually do something than someone who will pass to a 21 year old rookie all game but suddenly take control in the last 5 mins when we are leading by kicking it into touch a couple times

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Put it this way, Josh has had approximately 4-5 brain explosion games this year. Hodko has had 14 disastrous games and 1 game where he was non-disastrous because he let Moses do all the kicks and ran the ball a few times. Josh is a risk but I'd rather risk on someone who will actually do something than someone who will pass to a 21 year old rookie all game but suddenly take control in the last 5 mins when we are leading by kicking it into touch a couple times
One more brain explosion will put Josh on the sideline for atleast a month. Like i said earlier, if Hodko can build on last weeks game im happy for him to go ahead, if not then throw in Reynolds for the remainder of the year.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, we need to focus on fielding the best possible team each week and trying to win the premiership in 2015.
I agree 100%. Just my opinion but with Hunt and Milford as the Broncos halves we can't afford to play a one legged Hodkinson; especially after the Origin decider. The Broncos will define how we will go in 2015. If Mbye and Reynolds go well against them they should be our permanent halves pairing for the rest of this season.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since the Raiders game Josh looks to have done two things. The first is dropping his one man band - I'll do it my way attitude, the second is being a team player. IMO it's as though he has matured overnight.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sides updated, including the NSW Cup sides and coverage information.

I'd love to see the following run out for the game:

1. B Morris
2. Rona
3. J Morris
4. Lafai
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Klemmer
15. Kasiano
16. Lane
17. Browne

That side would tear the Broncos a fifth arsehole (because they've already got Boyd, Parker, Thaiday, Hodges that are the other 4).

GUARANTEE Hodges will play..

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only really had brain explosions in Penrith game and city country game

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They did say last i heard round 18 to get Graham back, so not sure why he isnt playing yet. Havent heard anything about him lately.

Kasiano and Reynolds are safe to play every match unless injured, so Browne would lose out to Graham on his return, and L Perrett SHOULD miss out for Lane on form. Perrett and Browne not playing doesnt mean they are bad players, they just arent as good as Graham and Lane.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since the Raiders game Josh looks to have done two things. The first is dropping his one man band - I'll do it my way attitude, the second is being a team player. IMO it's as though he has matured overnight.
I rkn this is why des has used him off the bench, teach him patience and to control his adrenaline!!! Wether it's working or not into the future we won't know!

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Graham was a certainty for this game? Is the hamstring not quite right or is Des playing his clever mind games. I think if Graham plays Browne drops off and Lane plays for Perrett.
Reynolds I think needs a game against Brisbane, after last years brain snaps he would be up for a 'redemption game ' He could be good learning curve for his maturity. In hindsight we don't know what will hep pen tomorrow and how the boys back up

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish sports bet had odds on how many changes des will make to the side named each week! Because I don't think the named side is the one to take the field this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.