Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your not wrong... Joash is definitely a confidence player and I personally know he didnt like being dropped to flegg for Wilson.

The thing is though Joash is still a couple off NRL just like KO, so if thats the case Crighton is defo going to play FB.

P.S I told J after he got dropped to flegg not to worry about it as one day he will push Crighton back to centres! ;) These kids are so kids its not funny..
I have faith Papa will be our 2025 FB.

I'd actually play Papa and KO together as much as possible, they already have a nice combo building. The present looks like a septic tank but our future looks good.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They are both off contract. Why would CC want to keep them in the shop window with the effect that doing so probably makes the whole team less likely to fire and therefore continuously play like losers.

Eg keep the team playing inept so that we can sell 2 guys early who are off contract in 10 games time anyway.
Right, didn't realise that. So, CC is just inept. i'm cool with that explanation.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Your not wrong... Joash is definitely a confidence player and I personally know he didnt like being dropped to flegg for Wilson.

The thing is though Joash is still a couple off NRL just like KO, so if thats the case Crighton is defo going to play FB.

P.S I told J after he got dropped to flegg not to worry about it as one day he will push Crighton back to centres! ;) These kids are so kids its not funny..
Can't blame him I guess. Would see other young guns in other teams getting promoted. Told he is the next Barba by some and then Wilson given the opportunity before him is the way he would see it.

Hopefully he keeps his head down and fully shows what he's got and earns the right on his form and own merits.

It's becoming a little concerning about the timing and the opportunities that this young group will receive with the way the team and coach are performing and the decisions being made. Hopefully it starts to make a bit more sense and look clearer next year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have faith Papa will be our 2025 FB.

I'd actually play Papa and KO together as much as possible, they already have a nice combo building. The present looks like a septic tank but our future looks good.
Oh they have a great relationship, on and off field. They will be a genuine combo one day....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't blame him I guess. Would see other young guns in other teams getting promoted. Told he is the next Barba by some and then Wilson given the opportunity before him is the way he would see it.

Hopefully he keeps his head down and fully shows what he's got and earns the right on his form and own merits.

It's becoming a little concerning about the timing and the opportunities that this young group will receive with the way the team and coach are performing and the decisions being made. Hopefully it starts to make a bit more sense and look clearer next year.
It may seem concerning but these kids are so raw its not funny.. They should barely be playing flegg but playing against men and professionals already. They are obviously getting thrown in the deep end then rescued atm which is good for experience and growth, bad for us to watch.

This should be the last of it though... the next gen will have similar experience but have better heads around them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It may seem concerning but these kids are so raw its not funny.. They should barely be playing flegg but playing against men and professionals already. They are obviously getting thrown in the deep end then rescued atm which is good for experience and growth, bad for us to watch.

This should be the last of it though... the next gen will have similar experience but have better heads around them.
Really good to hear you have confidence in the way they are bringing them on. Can only be good for the club. As fans we want to feel like we are on top of developing these guys and sounds like you reckon we are.

Reaction score
This page shits me to tears. None of you have any idea.

How do you not see that we are tanking so we can get priority draft picks for next year ???

The only issue is that we may not be subtle enough in doing so
i heard we traded our next 3 years of first picks for bo callahan

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really good to hear you have confidence in the way they are bringing them on. Can only be good for the club. As fans we want to feel like we are on top of developing these guys and sounds like you reckon we are.
Total faith in the way our club and squad are being run... Coaches and managers are terrific compared to years gone by, anybody close to the systems would see it.

Also add If it wasnt for the injuries this year we would have been much much more competitive, just a pity i guess.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rajab has a bright future. BUT his defence is extremely poor. I know KO is out injured but if it was to me I’d take Hayward at 7 and Burton at 6 or BBO at 7
Good defence my friend is and will always be a team effort
Anyone thinking of recruiting a good established 1/2 is only dreaming
Do we have a halves coach, it dosen't look like it to me.
I'm sure that if we had a good halves coach, he would make something with one of either Rajab, OK, BBO or Hayward.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly don’t know how anyone could take any positives out of this season.