News Round 14 Potter/Jackson Press Conference

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed in the presser was when he was asked if he’d like the permanent gig or if he’s considering it. His reply was interesting, he said something along the lines of he’ll think about it, does that mean he was offered the job? I mean if he wasn’t offered the job why would he say he will think about it?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed in the presser was when he was asked if he’d like the permanent gig or if he’s considering it. His reply was interesting, he said something along the lines of he’ll think about it, does that mean he was offered the job? I mean if he wasn’t offered the job why would he say he will think about it?
He probably just didn't want to commit to a yes or no incase it bit him on the bum down the line.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To all the idiots writing him off as permanent first grade coach, what do you want? Someone thats going to change the culture, someone thats holding players accountable and has the playing groups respect, someone playing to our strengths? Someone with "bulldogs dna" .... oh what? Potter ticks all these boxes does he? Yes he does. If he keeps going and improving. Then he gets the job hes earned! He gets a chance like Pay and Barrett got before him but they didnt improve us at all. So yeah the "its a no from me" go shove that pretentiousness up your ass. Fuck your Flanno obsession too. This guy is here and he's making miracles happen.
Bro he’s won 1 game lmfao relax

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If he keeps a nice string of form into the backend of season where we remain competitive in most games and win the most likely winnables, who says he can’t be the assistant to replace Cock-Sandy or Furner?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
would be a killer assistant for sure. But let’s be real here, we are seeing him coaching with no pressure. Not sure filter would be a good fit handling pressure… potter from day one has deadset looked like he will tell anyone whatever he wants Without looking depleted. Also puts players on notice so they all can be exposed incase they think getting paid to play sht is normal.

Who knows … whatever is needed for this club to come back to its glory days.
Yeah. Exactly this. He's doing ok but there aren't any expectations on him or the team. Certainly wouldn't want to be making decisions based on the past few games or so. Hope we are thinking more long-term than that

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Id be happy for him to be an assistant or coach reserve grade. It's a no from me for the top job at this point in time.
100% lol, a BIG no for the top job !!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I liked the subtle Fittler and Alexander put down, “I haven’t seen anything different from him (JAC) before or after selection“. So much for Alexander’s bullshit about him being out of form, trying to justify the unjustifiable, and Potter put him in his place.

Always a Bulldog

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walters turned the donkeys around cause of the she love and care for the club he played and spilled blood for. If potter gets out of the dull drums and we avoid the spoon and finish even in 8/10th spot and we see improvement like we have seen the last 3 weeks then why seriously look any further? Kikau and Mahoney next year a few more solid middles I think he will/should coach next year at least.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We played well yesterday and Potter is doing well. IMO, we need to win a few more games for Potter to be considered.