News Round 14 Potter/Jackson Press Conference

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
great to hear mick potter MIGHT be interested in taking this role… maybe we see how he goes and might be the reason why we haven’t announced or even considered anyone else yet .. who knows if mick potter has learnt from his previous role then let’s see what he has. Definitely seen a more hungry team considering we’ve played such expansive footy now compared to the last 5 years ..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
great to hear mick potter MIGHT be interested in taking this role… maybe we see how he goes and might be the reason why we haven’t announced or even considered anyone else yet .. who knows if mick potter has learnt from his previous role then let’s see what he has. Definitely seen a more hungry team considering we’ve played such expansive footy now compared to the last 5 years ..
Id be happy for him to be an assistant or coach reserve grade. It's a no from me for the top job at this point in time.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Id be happy for him to be an assistant or coach reserve grade. It's a no from me for the top job at this point in time.
would be a killer assistant for sure. But let’s be real here, we are seeing him coaching with no pressure. Not sure filter would be a good fit handling pressure… potter from day one has deadset looked like he will tell anyone whatever he wants Without looking depleted. Also puts players on notice so they all can be exposed incase they think getting paid to play sht is normal.

Who knows … whatever is needed for this club to come back to its glory days.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Spoke well, backed the players, acknowledged were we went well and not..I like his no bullshit talking style.
That’s what I mean. I feel like his learnt a massive lesson with the tigers and seems to me he is silently putting his hand up for it. We could of put don furner if we though no one wanted to try their hand. The feeling I have with the bulldogs team tonight was absolutely Kevin Moore days where we played expansive footy and a god damn simplified game plan. Everyone knew we had to rattle the forward pack of parra and kaboom they went into their shells

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all the idiots writing him off as permanent first grade coach, what do you want? Someone thats going to change the culture, someone thats holding players accountable and has the playing groups respect, someone playing to our strengths? Someone with "bulldogs dna" .... oh what? Potter ticks all these boxes does he? Yes he does. If he keeps going and improving. Then he gets the job hes earned! He gets a chance like Pay and Barrett got before him but they didnt improve us at all. So yeah the "its a no from me" go shove that pretentiousness up your ass. Fuck your Flanno obsession too. This guy is here and he's making miracles happen.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s what I mean. I feel like his learnt a massive lesson with the tigers and seems to me he is silently putting his hand up for it. We could of put don furner if we though no one wanted to try their hand. The feeling I have with the bulldogs team tonight was absolutely Kevin Moore days where we played expansive footy and a god damn simplified game plan. Everyone knew we had to rattle the forward pack of parra and kaboom they went into their shells
You're right, Gus could have appointed anyone but didn't and put Potter in for a reason. We can only speculate why, whatever reason it is it seems to be working.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To all the idiots writing him off as permanent first grade coach, what do you want? Someone thats going to change the culture, someone thats holding players accountable and has the playing groups respect, someone playing to our strengths? Someone with "bulldogs dna" .... oh what? Potter ticks all these boxes does he? Yes he does. If he keeps going and improving. Then he gets the job hes earned! He gets a chance like Pay and Barrett got before him but they didnt improve us at all. So yeah the "its a no from me" go shove that pretentiousness up your ass. Fuck your Flanno obsession too. This guy is here and he's making miracles happen.
exxctly my bro! I’m not saying 10000% lock him in now but I’m ready to see the next couple weeks and see if potters simple game plan and hard running forward pack is rubbing off. Like honestly look at RFM he played so fkn good I can’t believe he only just came back from injury.. then putting Jake in fb.. what a master stroke. All the boys are now starting to enjoy their footy, that’s what we want

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
exxctly my bro! I’m not saying 10000% lock him in now but I’m ready to see the next couple weeks and see if potters simple game plan and hard running forward pack is rubbing off. Like honestly look at RFM he played so fkn good I can’t believe he only just came back from injury.. then putting Jake in fb.. what a master stroke. All the boys are now starting to enjoy their footy, that’s what we want
Also your name, classic! Hahaha

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still think that if Fittler wins the SOO series this year, he is appointed. If he loses (has already lost game 1) he serves out the final year as SOO coach to try to go out on a high. Mick senses this and that is why he is being coy about the top job, but being an assistant coach at Bulldog will actually be a step up and higher profile and better pay than coaching at Mounties, MS Word skills won't even come into it!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m undecided, but defiantly needs to stay in some capacity at least. I just love your post! That’s passion!

It’s a good argument. Why not give the bulldogs’ back to back premiership winning fullback a go!

Put it this way, I’d rather Potter than an untested rookie Ciraldo or a Freddy Fittler anyday of the week!

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m undecided, but defiantly needs to stay in some capacity at least. I just love your post! That’s passion!

It’s a good argument. Why not give the bulldogs’ back to back premiership winning fullback a go!

Put it this way, I’d rather Potter than an untested rookie Ciraldo or a Freddy Fittler anyday of the week!
Or a cheating drug **** in Flanno.