Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seen him score 4 tries in a game for Raiders on the wing.
He also let in 4 or more. Too slow to turn and chase. Was easily exploited with a few deft kicks.
Sorry mate, I meant for the dogs. I knew he was a winger for Raiders. Replaced his cousin when he got hurt.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Sorry mate, I meant for the dogs. I knew he was a winger for Raiders. Replaced his cousin when he got hurt.
Oh all good bud [emoji106] Correct he has always started at centre for us. Shows he has been a poor defensive read whether wing or centre though.

Obviously worth persevering with given his attacking ability, size, athleticism and age. Lots of positives, a few on here have been calling him a dumb **** and I will concede he has a few wrong options in him.

Looking back on the Lafai release I wasnt upset about it because he had regressed so far in every department. He often bombed tries by not passing or passing when he should have taken the line on.

Brenko has a few of them in him but he takes the right option in attack more often than not. He will be back with a vengeance I suspect.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see the dogs winning this even though they'll be fired up, saints are a better team and have more points in them and a better HB who will shit all over mbye who'll do SFA as usual.

Dogs1938

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just wonder.. Did Des make a huge mistake by letting Reynolds go instead of Mbye from this point of view. As we seen before Reynolds got injured, Reynolds and and Frawley were quite good with Mbye at hooker. Currently with Mbye and Frawley with Lichaa at hooker we are disgraceful right ? I want to know who is at fault here ?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just wonder.. Did Des make a huge mistake by letting Reynolds go instead of Mbye from this point of view. As we seen before Reynolds got injured, Reynolds and and Frawley were quite good with Mbye at hooker. Currently with Mbye and Frawley with Lichaa at hooker we are disgraceful right ? I want to know who is at fault here ?
Yep

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on form , the Dragons should beat the Dogs by 30 .
That won't be happening . I'm tipping the Bulldogs to cause the upset. They have a very good record against Saints & with their backs against the wall, they'll fire up.
Bulldogs by 10

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate we have our backs against the wall for for years now lol

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No. Reynolds wasn't let go. His contract expires this year and found a better offer, while Mbye has another 4 years to go, so if we shopped him we would be paying probably $500k pa out of our salary cap to have him play elsewhere. yes, the Frawley/Reynolds combo seems to work better than the Frawley/Mbye one but I want to see how Frawley goes this week and maybe next week before we can draw a real conclusion. He was fresh early in the season and has been ordinary for the past 3 weeks.

Dogs1938

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No. Reynolds wasn't let go. His contract expires this year and found a better offer, while Mbye has another 4 years to go, so if we shopped him we would be paying probably $500k pa out of our salary cap to have him play elsewhere. yes, the Frawley/Reynolds combo seems to work better than the Frawley/Mbye one but I want to see how Frawley goes this week and maybe next week before we can draw a real conclusion. He was fresh early in the season and has been ordinary for the past 3 weeks.
Okay fair enough but we could of at least told mbye he wasn't wanted anymore and if he was to leave we could of given mbye's money to Reynolds maybe? Orrr if we were to leave Mbye at the club then push him to hooker and say see yah to Lichaa right ? I mean we had money for Foran so there was room in the salary cap.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay fair enough but we could of at least told mbye he wasn't wanted anymore and if he was to leave we could of given mbye's money to Reynolds maybe? Orrr if we were to leave Mbye at the club then push him to hooker and say see yah to Lichaa right ? I mean we had money for Foran so there was room in the salary cap.
I think the whispers were that Mbye was being shopped but there were no takers at the price. That left only Reynolds of the two to go, given we really needed a half of Forans capability. Had we been able to shop Mbye at a reasonable cost I'm sure Reynolds would've partnered foran next year. Just didn't work out that way.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see the dogs winning this even though they'll be fired up, saints are a better team and have more points in them and a better HB who will shit all over mbye who'll do SFA as usual.
Agree. Good assessment.
But I will be hoping.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Based on form , the Dragons should beat the Dogs by 30 .
That won't be happening . I'm tipping the Bulldogs to cause the upset. They have a very good record against Saints & with their backs against the wall, they'll fire up.
Bulldogs by 10
Hope so, Reynolds back can only help.

Frawley & Mybe have been diabolical.

Dogs1938

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the whispers were that Mbye was being shopped but there were no takers at the price. That left only Reynolds of the two to go, given we really needed a half of Forans capability. Had we been able to shop Mbye at a reasonable cost I'm sure Reynolds would've partnered foran next year. Just didn't work out that way.
Yeah true. Shit happens I guess.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
nrl.com have him at equal 6th with 9 for try assists.

Regardless, I really rate him and hope he can adjust his defence and he will be even more of a goer.

Just bizarre that we drop our most potent attacking player?

***sighs***

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
nrl.com have him at equal 6th with 9 for try assists.

Regardless, I really rate him and hope he can adjust his defence and he will be even more of a goer.

Just bizarre that we drop our most potent attacking player?

***sighs***
It was equal 3rd before the start of the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.