Official Round 12 Bulldogs vs Titans Game Day Thread

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would say Gus intervened & told Ciraldo to chill & that he is under no pressure. Gus has said we are trying & I think he wants blokes like TJP playing in the hope he has one of his rare good games so he can then sell him off. I think this year is about cattle trading and coming between 10 & 14th
I remain confident, based on the warning Gus gave CC before he signed (about spending time in the doldrums before things improve), that what might seem like inexplicable decisions to the fans are actually just part of the plan for long term success (at the cost of short term success). If the club didn't expect to be in contention this year (and Gus' warning is essentially an admission of that), it would go a long way to explaining some of the roster decisions that are being made.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're mad for not getting him straight in there. It raises huge questions about Ciraldo's acumen IMO, which is of far greater concern than who wears #1 this week.
A player debuts on the wing and you want him picked at fullback the next week, and you reckon it’s mad not to? Lol fmd, throw the kid in the deep end why don’t ya. He hasn’t even played fb for our lower grade teams. If he’s going to take the fb spot it’ll take much more than one good game on the wing. You know, like maybe he should train there first?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t jump to add in so many young players yet man. We’re inexperienced enough as it is. Putting more younger players in will only add to that. Bigger losses bigger fuck ups. Have to blood them in accordingly not just chuck them all in at once. Trust the process lads
That‘s the biggest factor that most people are ignoring man. The team is already one of, if not the most inexperienced. Ciro wants to (as he should) keep enough experienced players in the team, to give us a fighting chance, but he’s also done things like pick Edwards over RFM. He brought Edwards in and he obviously liked what the kid has done, so he now believes he’s good enough to take the spot. You can’t be doing that on a mass scale though. I’d say he’s very hesitant to drop Perham because he has placed a lot of trust in him to do the job at fullback. He wouldn’t want to accept that he made a bad choice there, but he’s made changes when he’s fucked up in the past, like when Okunbor was played on the wing when we lost our winger (can’t remember if it was Kiraz or JAC) and made several errors. Well, Ok hasn’t played on the wing since, and we’ve needed to play guys like Casey and Wilson. This shows that Ciro at least realises most things that don’t work/aren’t working. With Perham though, maybe he still thinks he’s best for the job, or maybe he sees what many here see, that Wilson could be a better option. If he thinks the latter, he’s not going to change it just like that.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A player debuts on the wing and you want him picked at fullback the next week, and you reckon it’s mad not to? Lol fmd, throw the kid in the deep end why don’t ya. He hasn’t even played fb for our lower grade teams. If he’s going to take the fb spot it’ll take much more than one good game on the wing. You know, like maybe he should train there first?
You're right. What was I thinking?
Let's continue with the non-performing vanity project because: reasons.
Perham was immediately anointed by the new coach as the chosen one at fullback.
Fair enough, maybe he knew/knows something we don't; which stands to reason since he's the coach and we're outside looking in.
It's his call to make... BUT he needs to own it.
His contention that Perham is an adequate NRL fullback is objectively untrue, at least at this point.

You can continue to flog a dead horse (and Ciraldo appears to fully intend to) or you can go with the guy that had a great debut (albeit out of position) and does have a pedigree as a fullback. He showed more in his single cameo than Hayze has shown at any point since this experiment started over 6 months ago. That's a full off-season, an all-stars game, a trial, and 11 rounds of profound mediocrity.

throw the kid in the deep end why don’t ya
Yep. Sink or swim. I think he's good enough and his debut suggests he's ready.
And even if he had a shocker, you'd still give him another 3-4 weeks to settle in and own it, becuase the alternative at this time appears to be Perham and that's a busted flush. Why wait?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right. What was I thinking?
Let's continue with the non-performing vanity project because: reasons.
Perham was immediately anointed by the new coach as the chosen one at fullback.
Fair enough, maybe he knew/knows something we don't; which stands to reason since he's the coach and we're outside looking in.
It's his call to make... BUT he needs to own it.
His contention that Perham is an adequate NRL fullback is objectively untrue, at least at this point.

You can continue to flog a dead horse (and Ciraldo appears to fully intend to) or you can go with the guy that had a great debut (albeit out of position) and does have a pedigree as a fullback. He showed more in his single cameo than Hayze has shown at any point since this experiment started over 6 months ago. That's a full off-season, an all-stars game, a trial, and 11 rounds of profound mediocrity.

Yep. Sink or swim. I think he's good enough and his debut suggests he's ready.
And even if he had a shocker, you'd still give him another 3-4 weeks to settle in and own it, becuase the alternative at this time appears to be Perham and that's a busted flush. Why wait?
Ciraldo is a defensive coach. The number one reason he put Perham at fullback was because he thought he was a good communicator at the back. Obviously he didn’t see Avo as being that.

I seriously doubt he sees Wilson as that.

Not saying I agree with it. Just giving my opinion on what his thinking is.

Maybe if he wants a good communicator at fullback we should make a play for Martin Luther King Jnr.

Not sure if he is any good under the high ball though

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The question is why did Ciro huff and puff about changes but it didn't happen ?
Did Gus intervene to help the inexperienced Ciro to stop it happening ?
I believe this is a well administrated plan by both Ciro and Cus to continue rebuilding trust and loyalty through the club and amongst team members, it might come at a short term sacrifice but considering the injuries and bad calls it will still be worth it.
You're taking away what's important here that he should go fuck himself because he's a ****

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a defensive coach. The number one reason he put Perham at fullback was because he thought he was a good communicator at the back. Obviously he didn’t see Avo as being that.

Maybe if he wants a good communicator at fullback we should make a play for Martin Luther King Jnr.

Bit hard to believe he was the defensive coach when we have the worst defence by far.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Without getting into the detail here, what has happened over the last week will be significant in the career of CC at the Dogs. He went out on a limb at the media conference after the Warriors loss and talked up changes for this week and then, effectively, made none. He has also persisted with Perham at 1 even though 9+/10 astute league observers will agree that he has been given 11 rounds to show what he has to offer as a 1 and has shown virtually nothing in a position which is so crucial to winning games in the current era. The people who matter will not be talking about these 2 points publicly, but they will have noted them and will be talking about them privately. Their takeout will be that CC has shown poor judgement on these 2 counts. They will not be agitating to sack CC, but as time moves on they will be scrutinising at his judgements more carefully and if they see more examples of poor judgements this will start to build. As with Pay and Barrett, CC runs the risk of losing the backing of the people who matter and then all it takes is a "straw that breaks the camel's back" moment and hes out the door, 5-year contract or not.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without getting into the detail here, what has happened over the last week will be significant in the career of CC at the Dogs. He went out on a limb at the media conference after the Warriors loss and talked up changes for this week and then, effectively, made none. He has also persisted with Perham at 1 even though 9+/10 astute league observers will agree that he has been given 11 rounds to show what he has to offer as a 1 and has shown virtually nothing in a position which is so crucial to winning games in the current era. The people who matter will not be talking about these 2 points publicly, but they will have noted them and will be talking about them privately. Their takeout will be that CC has shown poor judgement on these 2 counts. They will not be agitating to sack CC, but as time moves on they will be scrutinising at his judgements more carefully and if they see more examples of poor judgements this will start to build. As with Pay and Barrett, CC runs the risk of losing the backing of the people who matter and then all it takes is a "straw that breaks the camel's back" moment and hes out the door, 5-year contract or not.
I dont think we as a club or Ciraldo are anywhere near this point. He will get at least this year and next to deliver a result.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the club could had signed one more middle instead of signing Reynolds if it would have made any difference to the first 11 rounds

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
CC can say he's disappointed after a loss but you cannot keep saying your disappointed especially when nothing has changed, look at the Tiger's you can see that they have a changed attitude in both attack and defence, they defeated the Panthers and came out giving it their all until the final 10 minutes against souffs, as some of the kenneler's have said CC need's to be a coach not a mate.
The player's don't respect CC because their not giving 100% look at Bennett players respect him and probably fear him as well, I thought the dolphins would finish with the wooden spoon and they've had injuries suspension's but keep turning up our plodders let CC front the presser to come up with excuses for their shitshow of an effort they put in again and again, also don't play injured players how are they supposed to give 100% when their not 100%, I would love to know exactly what CC say's to the player/s before the game during the week because whatever he's saying isn't working.
It shouldn't matter how skilful or talented you are defence wins games!!
Oh fark off both of you, for all we know Ciraldo was planning on dropping Perham and Waddell. moving TPJ to the bench and replacing them with Casey, Skelton and Pele (who are all suspended) plus Sutton promoted. The NSW Cup ref and MRC screwed those plans, so he has done the best that he can with who's available.

Always a Bulldog

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus said in his podcast that Titans have trained all week in Sydney

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Please no more JR C.C!!!!!!!!!

This sideshow needs to stop this week. Start looking forwards to the future please.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder if the club could had signed one more middle instead of signing Reynolds if it would have made any difference to the first 11 rounds
Renyolds was very clever and timed his PR stunt perfectly and got allot of bulldogs fans back banging the Renyolds shit show drum so loud that they really had to sign him or the fans feelings would have been hurt if they left him out.
JR is a master manipulator of the media and played it very well to keep himself in the game when he really has no business being anywhere near an NRL match.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Well it definitely wasn’t for Perhams ability to make a one on one tackle or to read where the attacking kick is going or to defuse a bomb. So it has to be his communication like telling King he’s shit when he drops a bullet from 2 foot away.