Official Round 12 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could Atoni being dropped have something to do with his lack of urgency getting back onside for the last Titans try?

I remember him walking back not looking interested in getting involved.
Had a bloke i work with that doesn’t follow the Dogs point that out to me this week.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I re-watched our game vs titans because of this thread

People saying renouf was lazy defensively or bad defensively are blowing it out their arses. He did absolutely nothing wrong defensively (in the sense of glaring deficiencies in his game).

However his hitup stats and overall work rate compared to Thompson, ava and napa weren't up to scratch. Hence that's why I'd assume he was dropped for those 3 plus hetherington.

With stimson it just seems that barret wants to carry a spare backrower on the bench rather than 3 props
Do you and Marley swap ends when it’s a Renouf rotisserie or strictly top and tails...?:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a bloke i work with that doesn’t follow the Dogs point that out to me this week.
Atoni has had the same issue all careerr, good ball carrier, footwork etc but he is sluggish defensively. Slow off the ground, slow getting into position etc don't know if it's cardio or attitude but it's the reason for limited minutes he was given by pay, georgalis now barrett.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you and Marley swap ends when it’s a Renouf rotisserie or strictly top and tails...?:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I re-watched the game and paid close attention to his performance. Defensively he wasn't lazy, as was suggested multiple times in this thread. His hit up work rate was much lower than the other forwards.

I'm just pointing out the posting about his performance is not right. I'm still pointing out his work rate, hit up wise, was much lower than Thompson, napa and ava

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to sign 4 gun forwards.

Idiott, Doorey, Stimflop & Crapa won't cut it. The backline is disgusting but with the recruits for next year it looks decent.

If the pack stays the same going into next season we are cooked.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could Atoni being dropped have something to do with his lack of urgency getting back onside for the last Titans try?

I remember him walking back not looking interested in getting involved.

You mean the try that had missed tackles from ellioy and katoa on the right side of our defence, while renouf was on the left side of our defence.

Ie renouf wasn't even in the vicinity

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I re-watched the game and paid close attention to his performance. Defensively he wasn't lazy, as was suggested multiple times in this thread. His hit up work rate was much lower than the other forwards.

I'm just pointing out the posting about his performance is not right. I'm still pointing out his work rate, hit up wise, was much lower than Thompson, napa and ava
Relax bro I am just being a shit stirring biarch..:tearsofjoy:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson ahead of Waddell?
Starting side still looks good.
Smith's crusher was the other dudes fault for turning backwards.
Urgency from the whistle can win us the game.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Atoni can be lazy. He may have picked up a niggle too. We are getting dominated in the forwards every week. I have no issue with changing the team up to see what works when we are losing. Thank fuck Topine is back and the worst hooker in rugby league history is suspended. I can’t believe people had him before JMK

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea why Flannagan not getting picked for mounties

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know something about Atoni he doesn't involve himself much both in defence and attack very lazy attitude maybe a new club would change that its a shame he has so much potential but he really burns me with his effort.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For all the Atoni lovers, I’d like your thoughts.
Sometimes I get confused with our Tongan players because from afar on my laptop small screen they look similar.
But from what I have noticed, am I Theo joy one that thinks Atoni has shit defeatist body language?
He always has his head down. When he scored that try two weeks ago he looked like he was at a funeral. When he runs and is on the tackle his head is down and always looks depressed. The one article about him (name change) has a depressing vibe.
Is that the ho hum energy we need on the field?
I think players like Reynolds, Topine, Thommo have uplifting tempo.
He’s Samoan

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Atoni punching out 220m per game with 10 tackle busts, a line break and a line break assist every game? That’s what it sounds like due to the whinging in here about him getting dropped.