Official Round 10 v Knights Match Discussion

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to worry about Burton.

He is way too talented to be performing like this.

Why did he stop kicking spirals when Ponga had no clue how to catch them ?

I'm pretty sure Barrett didn't send a message telling him to stop.

It has to be mental.
Im in complete disbelief that we were torturing them in the first half with big bombs and yet we move away completely from that gameplan in the second half.

It's not champagne rugby league, but when all you want is the win, I can't find reason why you would change things or even if you did, not go back to it in the second half....

WTF?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safe to say from our shit show Burton as good as gone to roosters on panthers I’m calling it now
That would hurt no end, I believe that his kicking has kept us in the game at least a few times.
I would estimate that without his kicking game we score 6 points less per game and the opposition score an extra 20 per game.
So anyone dare do the maths on how we would be placed without Burton.
At a guess I would say absolutely zero wins and very probaly zero points scored. "ABSOLITLY AMAZING"

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would hurt no end, I believe that his kicking has kept us in the game at least a few times.
I would estimate that without his kicking game we score 6 points less per game and the opposition score an extra 20 per game.
So anyone dare do the maths on how we would be placed without Burton.
At a guess I would say absolutely zero wins and very probaly zero points scored. "ABSOLITLY AMAZING"
Agreed.
We'd be slaughtered by now.
But i still think he isn't playing well enough for 5/8th. Better tonight but still well below most NRL teams.

It's only that our halfback is so bad, that it makes even Naden look like a first grader

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea how our clubs cap situation will be at seasons end, but the worring thing for me is that no half decent player will want to come to our club in the future.
Another sad note is the fact tha1t we let "shit" players go and replaced with even shitter players, with the exception of Burto JAC, TPJ Vaughn @ king.
Just as an example losing Meaney and getting Dufty.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm starting to worry about Burton.

He is way too talented to be performing like this.

Why did he stop kicking spirals when Ponga had no clue how to catch them ?

I'm pretty sure Barrett didn't send a message telling him to stop.

It has to be mental.
He looks thoroughly dispirited and fed up.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when we first signed Baz, he said he wanted players to understand our history, well it doesn’t look like they are understanding anything!

this is the worst I’ve seen this team play in 35 years!
I remember that well. He can always say the right things but …….

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first half was not okay, they were playing the bottom team and should have scored at least 20.
Our team should’ve have been on bottom all along. Lucky to get both our wins and they were shit wins at it. If I see them do a grubber kick and get repeat sets that is a pass from me cause they never do them. Second half was just embarrassing

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done to Kevvie Walters.
He got rid of the crap from last year and signed some key players for this year.

Started the season with the team trying to find itself, but they have finally clicked. Now they look like a genuine top 8 team.

Such a good turnaround. Well done to Ikin, Walters and Cartwright

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe how little critism pongs gets for being so poor , it’s comical

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Think I saw Flanagan kick three times, of which two were nothing bombs. Wtf I didn't think I'd say this, but even Lachlan lewis had more presence of mind
What does Flanagan add to the team?
Really, Clune took the line on and set a backline play. They may not have scored from those plays but they put us under pressure.
As usual we went one out mostly.
In the last 6-7 minutes, down by 6 we went 5 one outs and a kick!!!

Flanno has had his chance surely.

Maybe Barret has too.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember that well. He can always say the right things but …….
Unfortunately he’s learnt the hard way that history is just that, he needed to start his own page and not rely on our past to help this team, because players only care about what’s going into their pockets, and they need to be responsible for their performances, I don’t care who’s playing if their going shit house then they need to be dropped, even if that means we end up playing with 16 players!

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz should have kept the same side from round 1 &2, Barrett panicked far too early, persisting with Avo /Burton and we'd maybe have one or two more wins. Even though Avo is no Shifty Sherwin and most hated player on this forum, he should have stuck with the chosen squad from training. But he got dropped and looks fucking distraught, but Baz continues picking duds such as Knockonbruh and dick finger Naden and Mr I'm afraid of contact Dufty, meh look at us now. Not sure how we get out of this mess, clubs been fucked for so long......

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in complete disbelief that we were torturing them in the first half with big bombs and yet we move away completely from that gameplan in the second half.

It's not champagne rugby league, but when all you want is the win, I can't find reason why you would change things or even if you did, not go back to it in the second half....

WTF?
I was amazed.

He had all day to launch his kicks as well.