Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Game Day Thread

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lineup.jpg

Short turn around, can’t get a read on the raiders, we always seem to struggle against them.. They have a huge pack aswell, gonna be another tough game, is anyone back?

Last edited by a moderator:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It will be tight dogs fight hard..guna be another nail biter

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
isn't pele supposed to be back this week?
Nu Brown might make the bench though would be a waste if we're gonna persist with reynolds at 5/8

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Difficult one to predict. Raiders have lost to Cowboys (who are a shambles) and got fucking pumped by Penrith (who went on to lose to Tigers). On the other hand, they beat the competition leaders in Rd 6.

I'm just glad the "Jack Wighton needs to prove he still cares about the Raiders" game was last week and not against us. :P

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are to Dragons as Raiders are to us, a bogey team - but, we trialled well against them albeit without their big guns.

We’re a different beast this year, our belief and commitment is super high, I stick by 3/4 in this 4 week period - we’re 1/1… 4/4 is not unrealistic, anything better then 2/4 is enormous considering the adversity we’re under.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tough game, I expect us to fight as we’ve done all season but the short turn around might catch us in the end.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam Hughes needs more game time
Yeah I would be trying to see how you can take some time off JO and give it to Hughes 43 Minutes to JO and only 9 to Hughes seems out of balance. Also if they need JO to come on for Burns because he lost his other leg could have been telling. I think CC is still finding his way with how he uses the bench, and wants to keep an interchange up his sleeve for unplanned incidents.

In F1 they use strategy simulators to crunch every possible scenario and come up with the most likely successful strategy, but also can tweak it during the race. I can't see why something similar could not be done to help with these strategy calls. You could even have it working real time working off individual player and team stats, for example, If a team has had to do excessive tackling because of an imbalance in possession and field position you can react to that.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Yeah I would be trying to see how you can take some time off JO and give it to Hughes 43 Minutes to JO and only 9 to Hughes seems out of balance. Also if they need JO to come on for Burns because he lost his other leg could have been telling. I think CC is still finding his way with how he uses the bench, and wants to keep an interchange up his sleeve for unplanned incidents.

In F1 they use strategy simulators to crunch every possible scenario and come up with the most likely successful strategy, but also can tweak it during the race. I can't see why something similar could not be done to help with these strategy calls. You could even have it working real time working off individual player and team stats, for example, If a team has had to do excessive tackling because of an imbalance in possession and field position you can react to that.
Okunbor doing a great job in the middle though..this one run he made nearly 20 metres just through the guts. But no doubt Hughes will get more time in the next few weeks

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
in more evidence the NRL has some kind of agenda against us, another short turnaround for us… we should be playing a weekend game or against a team that also played Sunday.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okunbor doing a great job in the middle though..this one run he made nearly 20 metres just through the guts. But no doubt Hughes will get more time in the next few weeks
Okunbor ran 45m, had the slowest play the ball speed in the game and made some shocking "efforts" in defence. He is terrible.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This would be my team
1. Perham
2. Burns
3. Averillo
4. Alamoti
5. Skelton
6. KO