Official Round 10 Bulldogs V Raiders - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As you know Baz defence is attitude and until we can turn over this roster and get some players to the club that want to win instead of turn up and shit the bed
Yeah mate, 100 % defence is attitude from a player perspective. From a coaching point of view its predominantly about formation and structure, but, its also up to the coaching staff to instill the attitude. Warren Ryan, Folkesy, Bellamy, Bennett and even Trent Robinson all had/have the ability to master both.

From what I am seeing so far, we cant do either and defence is an afterthought.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate, 100 % defence is attitude from a player perspective. From a coaching point of view its predominantly about formation and structure, but, its also up to the coaching staff to instill the attitude. Warren Ryan, Folkesy, Bellamy, Bennett and even Trent Robinson all had/have the ability to master both.

From what I am seeing so far, we cant do either and defence is an afterthought.
listened to an interview Brett finch did with bellamy on his podcast today and fuck me I would love our club to have some of the steel that bloke has instilled at the storm. I am no fan of Finch but it was a great interview.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
listened to an interview Brett finch did with bellamy on his podcast today and fuck me I would love our club to have some of the steel that bloke has instilled at the storm. I am no fan of Finch but it was a great interview.
Bellamy is the benchmark, no question. You cant be as highly strung and passionate about football and winning as he is, and some of it not rub off on your players. Barrett is always described as a great bloke, well spoken etc. etc. But can he man manage and can he motivate??

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bellamy is the benchmark, no question. You cant be as highly strung and passionate about football and winning as he is, and some of it not rub off on your players. Barrett is always described as a great bloke, well spoken etc. etc. But can he man manage and can he motivate??
I am hoping that dropping flange is the first sign that he is starting to tighten the screws and hold the whole outfit accountable. But only time will tell.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can Barrett motivate? No, he cant

Can he man manage? Absolutely fucken not - Jackson Hastings, Kyle, even Brownie gave Trent a bitch slap and he still hasn't woken up.

We need a ruthless dictator, starting off with Todd Greenberg to clean out that back office once and for all.....

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have made several changes to their side for this Saturday's (3:00PM) clash with the Raiders in Magic Round in Brisbane.
Brandon Wakeham will come in for his first start of the season in the halves, alongside Jake Averillo, with Kyle Flanagan dropping to the extended bench.
In addition, Nick Meaney will replace Corey Allan in the centres, while Tui Katoa will return on the wing.

In the forwards, Dylan Napa returns to the starting line up in the front row, with Renouf Atoni at lock.
Corey Waddell will come off the bench alongside Matt Doorey and Ava Seumanfagai, with Ofahiki Ogden dropping to the extended bench and Lachlan Lewis dropping out with broken ribs.
Match: Bulldogs v Raiders
ROUND 10 - SATURDAY 15TH MAY
3:00pm

No.PlayerSponsor
1Dallin Watene-ZelezniakHy-Tec
2Nick CotricGuardian Venue Management
3Will Hopoate (C)Cincotta Chemist Campsie
4Nick MeaneyAustralasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings
5Tui KatoaSouthern Cross Charcoal
6Brandon WakehamPenny's Crispy Pork Crackling
7Jake AverilloSydney Freezers
8Dylan NapaIntello IT
9Sione KatoaJay Productions & Events
10Luke ThompsonMMX Projects
11Adam ElliottTLH Recruitment
12Chris SmithDental on Evaline
13Renouf AtoniDaily Press
InterchangeRecovery Partners
14Brad DeitzKhalil Family Lawyers
15Corey WaddellUrbanista Café & Convenience
16Ava SeumanufagaiYour Property People
17Matt DooreyMcDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba
Reserves
19Kyle Flanagan
20Joe Stimson
21Aaron Schoupp
23Ofahiki Ogden

Barrett playing games Pay-style - Meaney to shift to FB, DWZ to wing, Schoupp to debut at centre, T Katoa to drop out, S Katoa and Deitz to swap :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I hope someone brings these to posts from Bazil and Kenya to someone with a bit of nause and power to implement the changes in defence. Are you readind this Don....
Mate thanks, blind Freddie can see we’re stood up in D like a bunch of telegraph poles.
There’s no slide, no aggression and we wait for the opposition to do something instead of smashing them - we need intimidation and forced errors to win games.

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
You’ve nailed it about our D mate.
Exactly. Our line speed is zero we take two steps up then plant feet and wait for them to run at us.

We give opposition all the time in the world. We never move in or pressure. We are either flat footed or stepping backwards. That‘s why we get cut to shreds.
I don’t think you guys understand..multiple times we have had the opportunity to score first and even adding. The reason why the defence is shattering is because of missed attacking opportunities. Yes it’s won on defence but what’s the point if they can’t get the attacking right? If I was working hard in the middle but the backs can’t finish mate I wouldn’t give two shits as well to D UP..

Reactions: GDR

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Topine?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think you guys understand..multiple times we have had the opportunity to score first and even adding. The reason why the defence is shattering is because of missed attacking opportunities. Yes it’s won on defence but what’s the point if they can’t get the attacking right? If I was working hard in the middle but the backs can’t finish mate I wouldn’t give two shits as well to D UP..
Is that you Trent? Or perhaps Davo..

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would say that due to the injury to Allan, we are seeking an exemption for Schoupp.
We need one more injury. Tui Katoa has to be used as he is our last like for like outside back in the top 30. After this round he can be used regardless.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need one more injury. Tui Katoa has to be used as he is our last like for like outside back in the top 30. After this round he can be used regardless.
The only thing we can do is put Chochtritch in the centre because he has played there before.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Serious comment. When we look at our bunch of players ($9.2M combined annual salary I believe) we need to be looking back at their time at the Dogs and asking ourselves how have they improved in the time they have been here? If Meaney went to the Storm 3 years ago, he would be their fullback right now and killing it and noone would have ever heard of that Papenhausen guy. But, ask yourself, how has he improved since he has been here? A little bit around the edges maybe, but pretty marginal. Has Lewis improved at the Dogs? I think not at all, in fact he may have gone backwards. This has got to be the most disturbing aspect of our current situation. You can't buy 13 superstars, you have to bring on a significant portion of guys with potential and develop that potential. Lots of the current squad have always had potential (even Napa!) but the club has not developed that potential and in many cases they have had years to do this. Surely the management can see this, but why have they been unable to do anything about it? Astounds me.
Good post. We completely stopped player development under Des & it doesn't look like it has been re-started. It is a basic fundamental of a football club. Apart from Barrett (& Pay) who is in charge of this?