Official Round 10 Bulldogs V Raiders - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t understand what everyones problem with Meaney at centre is?If you look at his highlights package he does most of his damage in attack down the left side, one in from the wing. We all know he is not great at yardage which is 80% of being a winger these days. At centre he should get a few opportunities to use his speed and lead the kick chase. The halves should be putting early kicks in for him too(maybe not on zero tackle in the opposition ten though)

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno is still named.
I know Baz isnt Des in regards to the mind games with team lists but maybe just this week he has named him 19 as if he’s not playing so there’s no media about him playing this week (now media about dropped and emotional). But maybe the playing focus not him might help.
Could see him playing, Avo to centre and meaney to fullback or wing and Katoa dropped.

Been mentioned heaps but it’s fucked how Katoa (hooker) doesn’t get dropped, same with Waddel and Napa. One could only hope when all injuries return some of these absolute plodders get dropped

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand what everyones problem with Meaney at centre is?If you look at his highlights package he does most of his damage in attack down the left side, one in from the wing. We all know he is not great at yardage which is 80% of being a winger these days. At centre he should get a few opportunities to use his speed and lead the kick chase. The halves should be putting early kicks in for him too(maybe not on zero tackle in the opposition ten though)
Meaney and Tui are gunna be turnstyles if they don't harden up and Nick is prolly still a bit tender.
Why drop Ogden for Doorey?
No Lewis is bad time to crucify 'the kid'.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luckily it’s magic round, you never know
No we all know the Raiders will be producing the magic... Our magic will be that amature clown show at the kids party

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant argue with that as you make some very valid points though surely u can see where I am coming from... you talk about learning the trade, well reggies is a different ball game to firsts so surely u can see the merit in giving the kid a looksy so the kid can take something away from his challenges.
Yeh. Absolutely. And I get your point. Kid has talent. He will play nrl and dominate one day. Trust me I’m not shitting on the kid.

If he is mentally prepared is another story. But like I said if he does play I’ll be cheering him on. I’m not one who wishes bad performances on The club or players :smilecat: (Well maybe only on Lewis :p)

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now drop Floppa and replace him with ..... well, just anyone will do ...... I think that Meaney will go gang-busters as a center - he might very well have found his calling in life and we will never question this masterstroke from the master coach. Raiders by 28.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s exciting to see genuine local juniors playing 6 and 7 - I hope our forwards turn up so the boys can find some room to take on the defence.
If they can get the plays right on the last tackle we will see a noticeable improvement.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Cotric & Meaney will swap positions.

Cotric left the Raiders because he wanted to play centre.....

Well Nick, this is your chance to stick it right up the man who said you were nothing but a winger.

Nothing would hurt Ricky more than Nick bursting through a Curtis Scott missed tackle, score the match winning try & hand Ricky 6 losses in a row...

SOUNDS LIKE MAGIC..........

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t mind this halves combo.
Also Cotric to lead a motivated side keen to sink the boot into CHN’s new team for his antics last year. Dogs by 4!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: anyone else see the potential in averillo, atoni and Meaney and they are reaching it yet. I feel next year we will see it from them with a stronger footy team. Topine and doorey are a must for rest of the year. Schoupp needs a go in first grade .... come on baz

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah cheers for stating the obvious champ. I was asking how he can be named in the 21 if he hasn't got an exemption yet.
I would say that due to the injury to Allan, we are seeking an exemption for Schoupp.

Last edited: