Official Round 10 Bulldogs V Raiders - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that penalty was utter bullshit against avo and just cost us any chance of a win.
No the turning point was the Adam pig idiot penalty on their winger before he caught the ball
Big momentum shift and a fcuking stupid pen to give in such good field position
He is a tool on and off the field of the highest order
He cost us the game period

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The loser mentality at this club is alarming. No mental toughness. No leadership..

Up.12-8 with a two man advantage and instead of going for their throat they throw the game away playing conservatively and doing dumb shit.
That’s why all 15 unsigned players and then some on top if possible need to be broomed ASAP
They have been infected with the loser culture and below mediocre standard of playing

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The first one was because Adam idiot didn't read well and stayed in instead of sliding out
I fucking can't stand the way we defend on an edge. One try against us Averillo was basically at centre and hes looking to tackle the 3rd man in when there is space and plenty of raiders in support... Mark up on the man the same numbers in as you and trust your inside players to get across instead of committing to no one

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No the turning point was the Adam pig idiot penalty on their winger before he caught the ball
Big momentum shift and a fcuking stupid pen to give in such good field position
He is a tool on and off the field of the highest order
He cost us the game period
Nah, thats taken out of context.
As I mentioned to another person, comment was made during the run of play during the game at that specific time.
There was still time for us to win the game at that point but that sealed our fate.
The 6 again against Avo late in the tackle count was because the player locked him in and the dumb fuck ref gave the 6 again. Avo was screaming at the ref afterwards.
We still had time, DWZ went on to score after all and we lost by 2.
I agree with your comments about Elliot and the momentum swing, he is a serial offender with giving away stupid penalties/6 agains at exactly the wrong.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im in late but why didnt we get an 8 point penalty try? Considering we lost by two points that was one call that obviously would have changed things... Probably would have still lost with that rabble on display.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in late but why didnt we get an 8 point penalty try? Considering we lost by two points that was one call that obviously would have changed things... Probably would have still lost with that rabble on display.
It wasn’t deemed to be bad enough for it to be an 8 point try . He made a play with his foot but the contact was minimal. I had no issue with it.

We got a fair go yesterday. They had a bloke sent off and one binned so we had our chances. If we score one more try at 12-8 we win. Also how Katoa didn’t mean to Averillo in the first half is beyond me.

One thing that the raiders did get away with was a heap of forward passes from dummy half. Their first try came off the back of one. I counted at least 6 in the first half and none were called.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wasn’t deemed to be bad enough for it to be an 8 point try . He made a play with his foot but the contact was minimal. I had no issue with it.

We got a fair go yesterday. They had a bloke sent off and one binned so we had our chances. If we score one more try at 12-8 we win. Also how Katoa didn’t mean to Averillo in the first half is beyond me.

One thing that the raiders did get away with was a heap of forward passes from dummy half. Their first try came off the back of one. I counted at least 6 in the first half and none were called.
Oh it was a guaranteed 8 point try. He drove the studs into his arm, that is a red card in soccer.

Not complaining about the referring because like you said we had plenty of chances to ice the game and katoawas just one.. If Hoppa passed early numerous times Cotric would have had a hatrick.

That game was bombed more than the one against the saints last year and feel so sorry for all involved at the club atm excluding the dickheads who couldn't stay disciplined when it mattered.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The rule is ANY contact to the player scoring a try with a leg or foot results in either a penalty try or an 8 point try. It clearly should have been an 8 point try.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe that Sione Katoa got charged for a cannonball. It has to be one of the most innocuous incidents to have been charged.

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Actually most were posting Canberra we’re going to put big points on us and now they are complaining we lost. You should actually be happy we lost by 2

Reactions: DDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How the fuk do you watch a game like that and put blame Waddell ??

The game turned when against 11 Averillo gives a 7 set . Game changed right from there .

Averillo is useless and if that what we have to look forward to in respect to our 7 , we’re fucked

Pathetic
No I think you better re watch the game.. waddell gives away a blatantly lazy 6 to go on the fifth tackle when canberra had just crossed into our half and they score directly from that 6 to go. Barrett even mentioned it in the presser.. it was so dumb and obvious.. waddell and Elliot must share the same brain..

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I think you better re watch the game.. waddell gives away a blatantly lazy 6 to go on the fifth tackle when canberra had just crossed into our half and they score directly from that 6 to go. Barrett even mentioned it in the presser.. it was so dumb and obvious.. waddell and Elliot must share the same brain..
Hope he drops them next.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are so many problems with this team. Elliott is playing shit. He played the best footy of his career at lock and I'm confused about what Barrett sees every week to continue picking him on the edge if at all.
Hoppa continues to make poor decisions costing us try-scoring opportunities. He also gift-wrapped the Raiders a try but rushing out on his own and leaving a massive hole for Kris to run into.
We were making great inroads with Thompson especially running it up the middle and getting quick play the balls. We lost most of that momentum by spreading it wide too early.
We lack the basic ball-playing skills to take advantage of overlaps. Chris Smith was the only one who managed to run great lines and put the opposition defence in two minds.
Katoa is a big problem. He looks unfit and is always close to giving away a penalty or 6 again. We desperately need somebody who can control the ruck and help us get on the front foot