Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Knowing that they could grind is a positive out of this game
Absolutely mate, grind is something we have not been able to do for a long time. It’s a step in the right direction definitely.

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thought Waddell was strong tonight. His defence saved two possible tries in the first half; he ran strongly too. I think JAC's talking is invaluable, at one point he was shouting at Jacko to get the boys together. Teams need multiple leaders. It was a solid team effort.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If JMK doesn't cramp BBO wouldn't have come on at all I bet.

He must start next week.
The problem now with the reduced interchange and also the new HIA rules is that the number 14 is not really an impact player. He is just there as cover.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought Waddell was strong tonight. His defence saved two possible tries in the first half; he ran strongly too. I think JAC's talking is invaluable, at one point he was shouting a Jacko to get the boys together. Teams need multiple leaders. It was a solid team effort.
He was also responsible for some stupid penalties that put unnecessary pressure on us

Still don't want him in first grade at all

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson always plays well
Jackson plays a particular style and usually does it well. It worked today in a low scoring game and once the rain hit, it was vital as it became a game of defence rather than attack.

But as a 10 year experienced player i feel that style is passed us and we need to move him to another spot or he needs to change styles.

Happy with him today and crucial to the win, but in most other games this year we eill be expecting more from that position. Hope he can deliver it but feel its beyond him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lets put the win in significance. We had to win for confidence and pressure of the team.
We lost TPJ before the game, we had zero reserves on the bench at full time. It was a sensational result in terrible conditions as the commentators mentioned.
The players under pressure from the uneducated on here, waddell, JMK, Averilo to name a few, all stood up. Let’s celebrate a win and hope that this gets the monkey of our back.
And fuck the negative ***** that bagged Averilo, he was good tonight in trying conditions

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If JMK doesn't cramp BBO wouldn't have come on at all I bet.

He must start next week.
JMK was much improved, though that’s from a low point.
I suspect BBO would still be best coming in after some of the heat has gone out of the game & guys are tired

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry just recovered from my heart palpitations. I'm so proud to be a bulldog. Hey Maroon and Nq hope you did get too wet in new stadium.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He was also responsible for some stupid penalties that put unnecessary pressure on us

Still don't want him in first grade at all
You think Baz will do the right thing and drop him next week for TPJ, or will SuperCoach keep him on the bench?