10. Paul Vaughan
11. Jack Hetherington
12. Josh Jackson
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Jeremy Marshall-King
15. Corey Waddell
16. Max King
17. Chris Patolo

19. Brandon Wakeham 20. Aaron Schoupp 21. Joe Stimson 22. Jayden Okunbor 23. Ava Seumanufagai 24. Kyle Flanagan 25. Reece Hoffman

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the forwards aim up and do their job we can score plenty of points off the back of that, burton will shine in this area

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The difference between our roster and their roster is negligible (different strengths and weaknesses). It's also an away game for us (which apparently matters). Cowboys also now favourites in the betting.
We generally do pretty well in Townsville. Usually a dry track which benefits our speed. Cowboys have always been notoriously slow in the backs. Hammer has speed but he’s tiny.

Our side is better on paper. They are favourites based on the sharks game. They looked just as terrible as the broncos in their last trial.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We generally do pretty well in Townsville. Usually a dry track which benefits our speed. Cowboys have always been notoriously slow in the backs. Hammer has speed but he’s tiny.

Our side is better on paper. They are favourites based on the sharks game. They looked just as terrible as the broncos in their last trial.
Cowboys looked great and a much improved team in both trials (first trial just played their kids). I had them as wooden spooners before the trials but they showed a lot more imo.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it is disappointing and i see alot of it is coming from new members, i dont know if they are trolls or not, but it is fucking pissing me off TBH.
we havnt played one game and everyone is writing the team off. Fair call if we are 0-6 or something but way to early to call.
Absolutely agree. We did alright against newcastle, and did some good things against the sharks before falling away. Sadly everyone just wants to focus on all the negative stuff, even after a really positive off season. Its amazing how quickly people turn on the team they support. This is very evident when a positive article or story reaches 3 or 4 pages, and yet a negative drunkfield article goes on for days and days. People just love to complain about shit!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cowboys looked great and a much improved team in both trials (first trial just played their kids). I had them as wooden spooners before the trials but they showed a lot more imo.
There halves are leggless, slowest in comp and not a threat on either side.
Deirden is massively overrated and townsend on last legs
We will get them

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do all realize that we will smash the cowboys in this game right? The boys got pantsed in the sharks trial and with all the old heads around now they will be totally fired up for this game!

The cowboys have the worst team on paper this year by far. They should be spoon favourites.

36-12 to the dogs.
I hope so but I've been following our doggies for a long long time and if any team can make an easy job difficult it's our doggies. I'm never confident until the final siren then I still have my doubts, I usually watch the replay to see if the score stays the same. Bit Irish I am....

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keen to see tevita play. Dude turns into prime taumalolo against the cowboys. The backline are in wrong positions imo. I believe burns should be put next to JAC because i do admit he has nice hands and a good pass and catch. If u watch his youtube highlights before all his injuries at souths, its just a complication of him setting his winger up very nicely. Naden has to be on opposite wing, defends better there, and I believe schoupp should partner him, schoupp has to develop a pass to evaluate his game better but his defense is solid and he will only get better. He can be a threat of running good hard lines on that side from short balls into gaps whilst burns could just runs good decoys and sets up JAC so he can use his speed and finishing. Backline should look 1. Dufty 2. Naden 3. Burns 4. Schoupp 5. JAC . Schoupp and naden also help us getting out of our own line by both being on the same side. It just makes complete sense. Complete sense and barret dont equal but….
8 games....we may come back to you yet.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett picking his pets oku and waddell fmd and tpj needs to be 13
Doggie I'd hate to be in Cockinbox's shoes this weekend. For his sake and ours I hope the pressure is not too much for him. I believe he is the one under most pressure in this game. Good luck young man.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference between our roster and their roster is negligible (different strengths and weaknesses). It's also an away game for us (which apparently matters). Cowboys also now favourites in the betting.
We always play shit in Townsville. Hopefully new crab stadium brings us luck. Last 3 games up there were pish poor in the old stadium.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The things we didn’t have last time we met the cowboys

Speed
Power
Xfactor
Second phase

Unfortunately all that can be offset by the fact we have the same gameplan
So true Kiwi. Hope Baz gets an Epithany between last game and Sunday.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why is burns playing over schoupp? His defence vs Mulitalo in the trial was terrible. Schoupp one of our few bright points in a terrible year last year, deserved a start for sure. Okunbor is shit and will probably cost barrett his job, also why is waddell on the bench, hes so shit everytime he plays

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuk Barrett must have rocks in his head to keep picking knockonmore
Knockonmore or Cockinbox not sure what is more appropriate. Hope on Sunday it's the latter and he proves us all wrong....if he does I'll call him Sir Jayden.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys im going to go against the grain and say we're going to win. Unlike previous years, the talent is definitely there to win this game and win convincingly.
The team just needs a bit of confidence, we definitely have the strike power to score points.

Im hoping we can get off to a good start by not committing errors or conceding early penalties.
It does seem to snow ball from there...our boys don't score the first 3 tries very often.