Round 1 draw

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How good is it we get an Anzac day game too. Hopefully 100% crowd attendance is in place. Miss good crowds
I won’t remember much of the game but it’s about time we played on Anzac Day

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the full release tomorrow.

Hopefully we get a favorable draw, I think we will do OK, no chance we finish with the spoon as predicted by the bookies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the full release tomorrow.

Hopefully we get a favorable draw, I think we will do OK, no chance we finish with the spoon as predicted by the bookies.
Fingers crossed. We had a pretty good draw this year until covid fucked it

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL 2021 Round 1 draw
Thursday 7.40pm
- Storm v Rabbitohs, AAMI Park

Friday 6pm
- Knights v Bulldogs, McDonald Jones -Stadium

Friday 7.30pm
- Broncos v Eels, Suncorp Stadium
Saturday 3pm
- Warriors v Titans, Mt Smart Stadium
Saturday 5.30pm
- Roosters v Manly, SCG
Saturday 7.30pm
- Panthers v Cowboys, Penrith Stadium
Sunday 4pm
- Raiders v Tigers, GIO Stadium, Canberra
Sunday 6.30pm
- Sharks v Dragons, Kogarah
* Draw subject to change

View attachment 18738

Rnd 1 draw revealed: Blockbuster to launch 2021 NRL seasonView attachment 18739
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/00bbd2cfb07abf63ee653a9493975d61
Again the National Rorts League disadvantage the Bulldogs :rage:
Another Friday 6.00 o'clock kick-off ?
What a bunch of corrupt ba...rds !!!

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Newcastle Herald reporting ponga out for the 1st 5 weeks of the competition a boost for us leading into Round 1

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
can he serve them in trial games?
NO, I dont think so.
No, unfortunately, he can't.
This is another problem of duplicitousness with the NRL, he can't serve the suspension in the trial games (they don't count) which means he should be able to play in the trial games (because they don't count). Since he can't play in the trials then he might need some other games to get ready for the season, hopefully the NSW Cup will start early and he can serve the suspensions there ;)

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Right on que;

NSWRL Head of Football Robert Lowrie said the full home and away second tier competition will kick-off the same weekend as the NRL.

So we pick Thompson to play in the Round 1 Friday night NRL game, then the Saturday/Sunday NSW Cup Game, then the Round 2 Thursday/Friday night NRL game, then the Saturday/Sunday NSW Cup Game. Bingo, 4 game suspension served.;););)

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right on que;

NSWRL Head of Football Robert Lowrie said the full home and away second tier competition will kick-off the same weekend as the NRL.

So we pick Thompson to play in the Round 1 Friday night NRL game, then the Saturday/Sunday NSW Cup Game, then the Round 2 Thursday/Friday night NRL game, then the Saturday/Sunday NSW Cup Game. Bingo, 4 game suspension served.;););)

Go Dogs
They don't let you do it that way. He will be out for 4 NRL games,

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They don't let you do it that way. He will be out for 4 NRL games,
What if he has 4 props ahead of him in the pecking order and he wasn't going play NRL games?
There's nothing I have seen that says they have to be NRL games, that would be ridiculous. What if it was Holland for example and he never played NRL again, is he then not allowed to play anything until he gets picked for an NRL game?

The relevant rule from the NSWRL (I know, not the NRL)
"NSWRL recognises that, in some instances, suspensions may be required to be served in different NSWRL competitions ........................... That being the case there is a need to allow suspensions to be served across certain competitions, while maintaining the intent of the original penalty."

There's not a lot of precedent for when and where a player can serve a suspension and as usual the NRL makes it up as they go along. The Tariq Sims example (not to include trials) from 2015 was based on the severity of his charge being a Grade 3, Thompson was Grade 2 if I remember rightly. So that's not of much use as a precedent.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What if he has 4 props ahead of him in the pecking order and he wasn't going play NRL games?
There's nothing I have seen that says they have to be NRL games, that would be ridiculous.

The relevant rule from the NSWRL (I know, not the NRL)
"NSWRL recognises that, in some instances, suspensions may be required to be served in different NSWRL competitions ........................... That being the case there is a need to allow suspensions to be served across certain competitions, while maintaining the intent of the original penalty."

There's not a lot of precedent for when and where a player can serve a suspension and as usual the NRL makes it up as they go along. The Tariq Sims example (not to include trials) for 2015 was based on the severity of his charge being a Grade 3, Thompson was Grade 2 if I remember rightly. So that's not of much use as precedent.

Go Dogs
It’s irrelevant you can only be suspended for one game per round no matter what grade you play. If the NRL allowed it every team would have been doing it for years.