Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You're kidding if you watched that and thought Perham was the problem.

He did ok. He just didn't need a shocker from his 5/8th and also didn't need a shocker from his coach who kept the shocking 5/8th on the field
Bit critical there mate but yeah, if I was to point the finger, I'd say some sloppiness, halves, and in some areas an offload would help. Halves weren't on point but early days. Forwards were ok

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 errors, 6 missed tackles, intercept try - burtons worst game in blue and white
Stats mean shit.

He was much more putrid than those stats suggest.

If you told me he was a mole, paid for by Manly, I'd fucking believe it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed Mahoney legit gave everything he had today for that jersey while the flops around him were garbage. Thank fuck, cause without him today we lose by even more.
He is a machine!!
IMO, Flanno is still the problem, the dummy half starts off just about every play, so Reed dose'nt need a player/players inside him for him to play his game and make him look good, our other player who went well was King who only needs to get service from Reed,
Our outside backs werel all poor because they rely on the players inside them for good service.
From what I see, flanno is the major problem, he is the link man. The no.7 is the most important position on the field.
Is flanno that bad that he stifles the game for the players outside him like Burton and the edge forwards who play like they are dishartened with his game that they have given up and it has affected their form, BECAUSE THAT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IMO, Flanno is still the problem, the dummy half starts off just about every play, so Reed dose'nt need a player/players inside him for him to play his game and make him look good, our other player who went well was King who only needs to get service from Reed,
Our outside backs werel all poor because they rely on the players inside them for good service.
From what I see, flanno is the major problem, he is the link man. The no.7 is the most important position on the field.
Is flanno that bad that he stifles the game for the players outside him like Burton and the edge forwards who play like they are dishartened with his game that they have given up and it has affected their form, BECAUSE THAT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME.
Let's just keep quiet and for the sake of unity just chill "early days". Coaching will analyse.
I agree with all you said though, like a subliminal feeling that himself and his teammates don't trust that 7 enough for the game to flow.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is what happens when we have a lot of crap in the squad and when the club does nothing about the whistle happy refs who do what they want to us. Ciro needs to do a Todd Payton and call out every simpleton who fucks up whether it's a player or ref.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're kidding if you watched that and thought Perham was the problem.

He did ok. He just didn't need a shocker from his 5/8th and also didn't need a shocker from his coach who kept the shocking 5/8th on the field
trust me I watched it and I’m not saying perham is rubbish, it’s just the spine are meant to have spark, onlyperson who did it was reed

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Next week's a new start. Hate that DCE go a hattie.
One try scored when you guys down to 12. DCE intercept well shit happens.
They'll learn and come back.

Al's I know is you don't wanna be leading the comp til late then collapsing. Long season and the dogs got the cattle. Biggest weakness atm is 7 and Flanno needs way more training as a 7. CC should have that as a massive priority.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The start being an awkward silence as they listen to manly chant. That alone should serve as motivation. But the one already motivated (Mahoney) doesnt need it.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't stress this enough, people looking elsewhere are unfortunately are not tuned in to the details of the game.

People on about Burton, Flanagan, please forget it. The main problem is the front row engine room. We can't get ruck speed without big boppers causing some damage in the middle.