Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Positive from today there were some youngsters who showed something in the nsw cup that should make us a better side in the near future in Karl o, papalli, Skelton and Wilson. Nothing to lose by giving them a run at some stage.
Are they big ?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more mate. Imposters wearing our great jersey and representing our great club! It has been so tough to be a fan … and today is a terrible feeling, the realisation that this is looking like another wasted and frustrating year. What’s worse, I know that, despite this, we will all be watching every bloody week hoping for a win or at least a performance we can be proud of only to be bitterly disappointed each and every bloody week!!!! Very sad … how long will this go on??????
Can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel mate., which brings my to another scary point, you watch the dolphins click an establish under Bennett no matter the saga or buying, they will finish higher than us this year and I say that out of concern. Out beloved club is still very much in trouble !!! Ever other club changes with times. We stay the same.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless we find a genuine 1, 6, 7, 10, 13 then I'm writing of 2024 already
Agree... 1 and either 6 or 7 could be solved from our nsw cup team as papalaii and k.o look like they could do a job.. going by stats that hopio went well too and he's a 13.. injuries to tpj and Thompson are crushing really.. but I don't think they're the answer. NAS would be a fucking beast purchase

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am more pissed about our lack of new and better defence that was supposed to come with CC.

We look gassed and lacking trust in defence. Really fuckin disappointed with that shambles of a performance..

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This was a rubbish performance, and there are way too many options for which players were well below standards, but, this will now be the umpteenth time we've been down this path in the last 8 years. We are still some distance from being anywhere near where we want to be, but getting upset at players isn't going to change that, and neither will making wholesale changes. Part of our problem is we make too many changes.

I trust Gus and the process. He and other blokes whose decisions count won't be happy with that, but they also aren't going to kick and scream and throw their toys out of the cot.
No need to read any other comments, this is the one

It was 30 degrees, the ground was full of Manly gronks, it‘s round 1. Manly were good and they will be right up there this year if Turbo stays fit and DCE keeps playing like that. Their pack is also going to be pretty dominant and ours was understrength and will be for a while.

We were really ordinary and some players should deservedly get a stern chat with Ciraldo, but anyone thinking we’ll make wholesale changes already is going to be disappointed.

The positives for me were Perham who was solid and looked pretty good with the ball; King who played 63 minutes and worked hard; and of course Mahoney who was close to best on ground and never gave an inch. Kikau will be fine once we get that left side attack sorted out.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I personally don't think averillo is a center though I guess its hard when he doesn't get much early ball on the right side

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly fullback is one of the biggest puzzles in a successful team. Turbo barked orders , where was perham? Didn’t even know he played
He has talent but way too inexperienced. We got smashed today because of our weak middle and lack of a decent half. Too much reliance on Burton.
You put Adam Reynolds and Campbell-Gillard in that team and it’s a different result.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mahoney was the only one that gave a shit . Put his body on the line and he is half the size of most of those useless *****. Kikau looked disinterested...like his head is still in Penriff. Perham and Avocado...well, what do you say but Reserve Grade written all over them both. Wobbles...fuck him off. Pele needs to get fitter.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I personally don't think averillo is a center though I guess its hard when he doesn't get much early ball on the right side
he's too small and lacks power... While Perham wasn't amazing today, he at least was able to get some front foot play the balls... Averillo just gets dominated so I can see why Ciraldo went with Hayze in the 1

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic display. Forward pack got absolutely dominated, and our Marquee players were mediocre at best. Burton, Kikau, JAC, Averillo, Perham all have a lot to answer for. We can’t wait until we are 0 and 5 before Gus and Ciraldo act.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No need to read any other comments, this is the one

It was 30 degrees, the ground was full of Manly gronks, it‘s round 1. Manly were good and they will be right up there this year if Turbo stays fit and DCE keeps playing like that. Their pack is also going to be pretty dominant and ours was understrength and will be for a while.

We were really ordinary and some players should deservedly get a stern chat with Ciraldo, but anyone thinking we’ll make wholesale changes already is going to be disappointed.

The positives for me were Perham who was solid and looked pretty good with the ball; King who played 63 minutes and worked hard; and of course Mahoney who was close to best on ground and never gave an inch. Kikau will be fine once we get that left side attack sorted out.
Agree, but I can't think of a smaller pack than ours in the competition.... every week we will get smashed... we gotta fix our forwards...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just wish they would shut the F up..
Sick of Let's TROT.
Sick of the endless Gould /ciraldo articles.
Focus on results instead of running your mouth and getting smashed week in week out/season after season.
100% never see Bellamy do it..

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he's too small and lacks power... While Perham wasn't amazing today, he at least was able to get some front foot play the balls... Averillo just gets dominated so I can see why Ciraldo went with Hayze in the 1
He has no sidestep...his lateral movement is shit. When he runs, he only runs straight and that's it. If someone comes across field, he has no swerve and he gets tackled easily.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has no sidestep...his lateral movement is shit. When he runs, he only runs straight and that's it. If someone comes across field, he has no swerve and he gets tackled easily.
I still reckon we should have given Fox a crack at the 1... he's our best attacking player and spends most of the time catching a cold.