Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way he was set to catch the bombs every time it looked like he was shitting himself and that was without pressure

I was hopeful but there’s no way he should stay Connor Tracey direct replacement he was 18th man

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He has no confidence and playing at FB like that will only destroy him for the rest of the season.

Ciro needs to assess the difference between giving the player a break to re-focus in Cup and picking them and possibly break them....did it last year as well to a couple. Some it works out but most drop off in this squad.

Jonboi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And watching him get completely man handled with ease.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Should of learnt from our mistakes when we bought the last back up fullback for rabbits

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has no confidence and playing at FB like that will only destroy him for the rest of the season.

Ciro needs to assess the difference between giving the player a break to re-focus in Cup and picking them and possibly break them....did it last year as well to a couple. Some it works out but most drop off in this squad.
Tracey to replace him this week.

Sexton to 7

Taaffe to play 7 in Reggie’s. His confidence and issues at Fullback will not be there playing half back.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm shocked a few were left out TBH. Xerri did enough in the trials to get a run over Wilson. I would have had Criita at FB xerri in the centres and Tracey on the wing and Sexton in the halves. Ciro fucked us before we even ran on the field... He was happy with out defensive effort! We let in 26 points FFS. I get that para had the weight of possession but that was on us..

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What worries me with Taffe when catching the ball he looks a bit uncertain, then sprints to the defence line then almost stops, holds the ball out of from his body and tries the steps the opp but always seems to get caught, im nervous watching him maybe just jog back to line then use his pace to find a hole, he appears to very quick over 30 or so metres.

Last edited:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taafe is too small and too scared to play at the back

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo has everything under control
He will replace Taffe by round 20

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen someone wait for bombs with their arms so stiff. It's not natural. He's got no timing or confidence. Its a no-brainer for Tracey to come in.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was great trials till he fucked up in that 10 min period against sharks and hasn’t been the same since. Confidence is shot and overplaying his hand. Will def need to play nsw cup and regain his confidence cause he was a lost cause against parra