Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d say Crichton has always been planned at centre, ‘buying him as a fullback’ never made sense to me in the ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ kinda way.

Definitely agree that Xerri should have been there instead of Wilson but in the centres with Kiraz to wing, Kiraz is not a centre and never will be. Tracey is a much better player than Taaffe and should be playing fullback. Not sure about Sexton, I think it’s worth persisting with Hutchison for a while, he was pretty good defensively on Saturday and seems capable of being the organiser we need when Burton finally realises he‘s there for more than punting a kick.

All that said… of course Ciraldo will make a single change this week, Tracey or Xerri in for JAC.
I think your spot on. I am fan of Tracey and was calling for him to start at FB. However, he wasn't ready for round 1 and as much as I want to see him starting at FB, it would be wrong for Ciraldo to drop Taffe after one game. Hopefully though he doesn't persist with him like with Perham, he has options.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guess that it makes sense to let the team settle with a regular line up, so that they can work out each other's strengths and weaknesses.

It might be frustrating for us fans, but it is a new team, and if Ciro keeps dropping players, they will never get any cohesion.

I'm not happy about the start, but I'm prepared to give them a few games before demanding wholesale sackings.

Ado-Carr's injury offers some options.
Good points

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I guess that it makes sense to let the team settle with a regular line up, so that they can work out each other's strengths and weaknesses.

It might be frustrating for us fans, but it is a new team, and if Ciro keeps dropping players, they will never get any cohesion.

I'm not happy about the start, but I'm prepared to give them a few games before demanding wholesale sackings.

Ado-Carr's injury offers some options.
I agree with your point to a degree but what was the pre-season for? and why after 2 shockers for hutchison should he be the 7 over sexton

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I also don't understand how burton carries on being useless every game, i feel like ciro needs to drop him to cup for a week or two for a wake up call

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But but he was good for us...
OMG some actually applauded that decision and argued that Oki went well.

Any updates from UK on how he's going over there?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I also don't understand how burton carries on being useless every game, i feel like ciro needs to drop him to cup for a week or two for a wake up call
Isn't your coach sitting you down, running thru tapes showing you your positional play efforts and discussing where improvements must be made, enough incentive to pull your finger out :(

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG some actually applauded that decision and argued that Oki went well.

Any updates from UK on how he's going over there?
I thought the same last night how Okenbor was doin.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't your coach sitting you down, running thru tapes showing you your positional play efforts and discussing where improvements must be made, enough incentive to pull your finger out :(
Don't be ridiculous, that would make too much sense

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is a shame we couldnt get a year out of Kas
I thought he could have done a job. (Played better than Takiarho? Spelling lol) People bagging him but gee he was effective and made heaps of ground over there. It's a much different game in UK of course but Cup here. Brilliant PR for Dogs fans :grinning:

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he could have done a job. (Played better than Takiarho? Spelling lol) People bagging him but gee he was effective and made heaps of ground over there. It's a much different game in UK of course but Cup here. Brilliant PR for Dogs fans :grinning:
Im biased but his best footy was at the dogs

Last edited: