Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
13 errors to 4.

We just need to hold the ball. Is it really that bloody hard?
Parra at full strength are a big seasoned footy team, at full strength they’re the only team aside from Bronco’s that have consistently troubled the Panthers over the last couple of years.

As much as I wanted the win, I knew we were up against it ..

But one thing I did want to see an end to were those stupid basic mistakes and dumb penalties that have plagued us over the last 5 years .. I was hoping those left with the players we let go of ..

I’m not disappointed in the loss, I’m disappointed that those same basic handling errors and stupid penalties are still with us ..

Taaffe can not play fullback next week, his confidence is shot, you see it in his face every time he’s facing a high ball .. I said it after the 2nd trial, he’s going to be targeted and I expect more dropped ball from him if we persist with him ..

The whole Team needs to get some super glue on their hands and drink some cement, because we’ve got some tough games over the next few weeks, The Sharks are going to come at us hard next week.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Burton appears highly instinctive as a player - but definitely not a planner and strategist. So not sure 6 is even right for him - maybe he's best at lock but then his defensive consistency is a worry too - not sure what we do with him but he has so much talent but goes missing with no leadership on the fielf when we have the ball. He act's like a passenger instead of a driver.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton appears highly instinctive as a player - but definitely not a planner and strategist. So not sure 6 is even right for him - maybe he's best at lock but then his defensive consistency is a worry too - not sure what we do with him but he has so much talent but goes missing with no leadership on the fielf when we have the ball. He act's like a passenger instead of a driver.
He needs to learn to turn up even when it’s hard game

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
To be honest, they aren't wrong.

Poasa should not be seeing first grade, let along a starting spot.

Morrin has heart but is not a first grader.

Hughes has the goods but is really at least a year away.

Mann and Salmon should be not seeing the amount of time we are relying on them for.

King is a worker but not the enforcer we need starting.

Burton is not a half, why we keep persisting with him there I have NFI.

Hutchinson and Sexton are bang average.

Taafe is just a stop gap at fullback that we need to replace ASAP.

We are still a shambles and in the thick of a rebuild that seems to have no end.

Gould has to attract a top tier prop for 2025 and hope that O'Neill, Papalii, and Todd develop it they players they should develop into by 2025.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Mann and Salmon should be not seeing the amount of time we are relying on them for.

We are still a shambles and in the thick of a rebuild that seems to have no end.

Gould has to attract a top tier prop for 2025 and hope that O'Neill, Papalii, and Todd develop it they players they should develop into by 2025.
We are at least 3 years away from catching Parra

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Was waiting for djdeep to post the article lol but would you do us the honours. I don't subscribe.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To me our effort was summed up in that one moment from Parras no try where they chased down the ball in goal, tapped it back, stripped it from us and then scored in the corner. That’s 6-8 players being out hustled and showing less effort than Parra. Terrible look.
Mate it clearly hit the dead ball line we should have had a quick tap at the 20 but typical of the ref it’s play on so we can’t get the quick play.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Was waiting for djdeep to post the article lol but would you do us the honours. I don't subscribe.
Ah, my mate works at newscorp and i have his login, i wouldn't pay either haha.

DOGS OF POOR

Poor old Canterbury fielded $3 million worth of new recruits against Parramatta – but where are the Bulldogs’ middles?

Club general manager Phil Gould has lured some big names to the club for 2024 but nearly all are backs or utilities.

Where is the grunt?

Even after just 80 minutes of 2024, only a brave, or stupid, person would tip Canterbury to play finals footy.

Only one of the seven new buys on the field against Parramatta was a middle – former Roosters, Dolphins, Warriors and Dragons journeyman Poasa Faamausili.

The other recruits were Stephen Crichton, Josh Curran, Drew Hutchison, Kurt Mann, Blake Taaffe and Jaeman Salmon.

Curran is an edge forwards who can play in the middle.

Parramatta’s Junior Paulo and Reagan Campbell-Gillard monstered Canterbury through the middle during the Eels’ comfortable 26-8 round one win at CommBank Stadium.

Long gone are the days of fearsome Bulldogs middles like Peter Kelly, David Gillespie, Peter Tunks and Geoff Robinson – the Dogs of War.

New buy, prop Daniel Suluka-Fifita, has a knee injury while Liam Knight played NSW Cup. The possible signing of former Roosters middle Sio Siua Taukeiaho fell over.

The chase for Taukeiaho and late off-season signing of Suluka-Fifita shows that Canterbury is aware they’re one or two middles short.

Canterbury had limited field position and possession – and they were gritty – but the season ahead looks modest, if not bleak. Parramatta led 20-0 in the second half.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many years would you’ve been prepared to give Avo to prove himself? A good fullback needs ticker which he lacks imo
He finished 2022 with confidence, he was in for was 6 months?? He should been given a chance start of 23 maybe he didnt want it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

DOGS OF POOR

Poor old Canterbury fielded $3 million worth of new recruits against Parramatta – but where are the Bulldogs’ middles?

Club general manager Phil Gould has lured some big names to the club for 2024 but nearly all are backs or utilities.

Where is the grunt?

Even after just 80 minutes of 2024, only a brave, or stupid, person would tip Canterbury to play finals footy.

Only one of the seven new buys on the field against Parramatta was a middle – former Roosters, Dolphins, Warriors and Dragons journeyman Poasa Faamausili.

The other recruits were Stephen Crichton, Josh Curran, Drew Hutchison, Kurt Mann, Blake Taaffe and Jaeman Salmon.

Parramatta’s Junior Paulo and Reagan Campbell-Gillard monstered Canterbury through the middle during the Eels’ comfortable 26-8 round one win at CommBank Stadium.

Long gone are the days of fearsome Bulldogs middles like Peter Kelly, David Gillespie, Peter Tunks and Geoff Robinson – the Dogs of War.

New buy, prop Daniel Suluka-Fifita, has a knee injury while Liam Knight played NSW Cup. The possible signing of former Roosters middle Sio Siua Taukeiaho fell over.

The chase for Taukeiaho and late off-season signing of Suluka-Fifita shows that Canterbury is aware they’re one or two middles short.

Canterbury had limited field position and possession – and they were gritty – but the season ahead looks modest, if not bleak. Parramatta led 20-0 in the second half.
Good man :grinning:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

There’s only one word for our situation… CRIMINAL

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

DOGS OF POOR

Where is the grunt?

“Parramatta led 20-0 in the second half “

Who gives a fk it wasn’t the final score

The media agenda against us is crazy

I read another article earlier that had average fans Twitter comments part of the story bagging the team

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol the intercept he should have taken?? The pass was an absolute bullet and if he doesn’t play at it You’d be bitching about them scoring in the corner, it was a try saving play. it’s funny that you are cracking on about Marly favouring players because I would bet that if Jac made the same play you’d be wrapping him for saving a try.
Not really, id be saying he should have caught it and guess what, we ve seen him catch them a million times over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.