Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
4 errors from your winger is unforgivable but if he gets that out of his game he is solid winger that can make line breaks (break down the side when he kicked back in) and can sniff a try
They can all be far better players if we get some confidence and determination. That seems to be lacking in their play.

I guess that needs to come from the coach that we are not going to be patsy's any longer and the refs can all get stuffed. We're not gonna take it anymore and determine our own futures and therefore results :grinning:

The potential is there in all of them and some are Kangaroos, SOO Internationals who are not performing to their previous standard.

Ciro seems too laid back for this team who are lacking in confidence which seems to be causing the mishandling. Who knows really what's causing the lack of completions, penalties, ill discipline but it is Ciro's job to find out.

We all want to see the team go well. That's any supporters only agenda.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We look at team, similar in trials, need a good start. We ain’t really got it in us to fight back from too many. First twenty mins are going to be crucial in our season. I honestly feel if we can get in front our D is enough to hold out

Last edited:

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was our game plan? No offloads, no ball spreading, Burton playing like he has had a death in the family … the list goes on! Let’s be honest, our team on paper is good and all our players have potential . We just manage to play so bad every single time. Scratching my head .

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was our game plan? No offloads, no ball spreading, Burton playing like he has had a death in the family … the list goes on! Let’s be honest, our team on paper is good and all our players have potential . We just manage to play so bad every single time. Scratching my head .
Elements of our team are good on paper mate but we lack good middle forwards and a good halfback.

Unfortunately these are the 2 main things that good sides have

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mahoney 51 tackles

Preston 46 tackles

Curran 39 tackles
It would be great to have a stat for number of times a player is first defender into a tackle.
Mahoney was first defender/speed bump on probably more than half his tackles.
Perhaps Curran and Preston as well?
Salmon on the other hand less than half of his tackles?
Tackles made are a slightly misleading stat as the quality and effort into the tackle are far more important. Plus tying up the ball, slowing the defender down, giving a face massage etc.
Bulldogs were definitely more focused on tying up the ball in the tackles. Not always successful but definitely better than 2023.
I suspect Ciraldo just wants to keep improving on these critical parts of defense before making any major changes. Even if we are still only 1 or two wins after rounds 5 or 6.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
good on paper isn't good enough anymore, all teams in the NRL look good on paper now, you need a coach that can get the most out of their roster/players.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly right. Who's responsibility is it to fix it. The attacking attitude and confidence is not there. All other teams use the ball with urgency when they get a turn over :(

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was so fucked it was obvious. [emoji23][emoji23]
How many fans watching were calling for JAC to be taken off?
Even if it was just wasting a sub?
80% or 90%?
It was indeed pretty obvious it was serious and JAC was not able to offer much with only one arm.
I'm also have a question mark over Crichton's role in this.
Surely he could have assessed the situation and come to the obvious decision to get him off?
Or at least said don't give the ball to JAC?
And what were the trainers doing?
Just a complete shambles.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t disagree with the unforced errors but we got reamed with six agains and penalties
With the 6 again rule, it become much easier for the refs to control the results of games...
Another, the refs take back undesired teams 12 meters on average and rush their defenders off the tackled player while the desired teams are allowed inside the 10 meters also allowed to slowdown the the rucks.
The sad state of the game >:(

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol the intercept he should have taken?? The pass was an absolute bullet and if he doesn’t play at it You’d be bitching about them scoring in the corner, it was a try saving play. it’s funny that you are cracking on about Marly favouring players because I would bet that if Jac made the same play you’d be wrapping him for saving a try.
Was that one of Wilson's stat errors?
And another when he jumped high to catch the ball t drop?
And another with that sloppy pass inside from Salmon playing out of position?
what were the other two?
A bit harsh considering he did more of the hard yakka than most forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.