Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said this all preseason and in the trials. But I am a fool or I think the quote was I have dicks for brains :sweatsmile:

The quicker Tracey and Xerri come into the team the better we will be. We probably don’t win tonight with them. But atleast Tracey can run the ball back and make decent yardage to start a set. And kiraz on the wing is an upgrade on Wilson. Same as xerri at centre is an upgrade on Kiraz. It’s the musical chairs that should have happened.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love your work Tassie.
What else can I say tho?

I realise people want change, but for me it's all about expectations.

I never thought we'd set the world on fire, but just wanted to see improvements in defence.

A better structure.

More commitment.

Greater determination.

I think we showed that.

Of course we need to be better, but we've got a really hard first 5 or so games to start off with .

We'll get there

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What else can I say tho?

I realise people want change, but for me it's all about expectations.

I never thought we'd set the world on fire, but just wanted to see improvements in defence.

A better structure.

More commitment.

Greater determination.

I think we showed that.

Of course we need to be better, but we've got a really hard first 5 or so games to start off with .

We'll get there
Preaching to the converted brother this place has always had trouble managing expectations vs reality.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's a great winger.
People that shit on Wilson are similar to people that shat on Meaney. Wouldn't make the 17 at Melbourne most said... But now he's been starting 6, 1, winger and now trusted by Bellamy at centre. Guarantee if Wilson went to a better club people would cry and want him back.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a terrible pass, crucifying him for dropping that is laughable
a decent winger catches it hahahah, like easily, what about the knock ons under the high ball also? He made 5 errors that game, if thats okay for you, you are clueless

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haha

Not me mate. I'm happy.

It's just footy people. No point getting too carried away with it.

Change, good change, takes time.

We're getting there
Actually I'm happy, but about my son.

We beat Cabramatta today in our first trial and my boy folded a massive islander kid in half with a solo tackle, picked up the ball and offloaded for an 70m try to our FB.

Fkn proud as punch. Perfect technique, head to the side, shoulder into the lower rib cage, hands around the thighs and drove him into the ground with all his might and weight on top of him.

Ohh then after the try he checked on the boy then went to celebrate with the boys.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
a decent winger catches it hahahah, like easily, what about the knock ons under the high ball also? He made 5 errors that game, if thats okay for you, you are clueless
4. One was that shit pass, another was him going from an intercept that stopped a try and another was from contesting a short drop out. I can't remember what the 4th was. They're hardly the absolute blunders you're making out, the bloke is just the new scapegoat on here because certain fans can't accept that bigger players on bigger paychecks aren't doing their job.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Everyone knows my agenda of having Skelton in FG, but FMD even I can't blame Wilson for knocking on that putrid pass.
I'm happy for either of them to have a chance, I don't particularly care. Just find it funny that certain fans are going so hard after him.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That spine is awful. Taffe 5/10, Burton 4/10, Hutchinson 4/10, Salmon 6/10, Mahoney 6/10.
All playing behind or in (Salmon, Mahoney) a dominated pack. Kikau and Preston are decent edge back rowers, King and Hughes are decent props. Curran should be starting at lock. But gee outside of that the cupboard is bare. NSW Cup middle forwards had Edwards, Knight, Todd starting, with Patolo, Tetevano and somebody else on the bench. Knight is way off, Todd is the least experienced. Tetevano is 33 and played small minutes. Patolo looked way off being ready to return to NRL. Sutton and Fifita would walk in to that NRL pack and KO can't come back soon enough.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4. One was that shit pass, another was him going from an intercept that stopped a try and another was from contesting a short drop out. I can't remember what the 4th was. They're hardly the absolute blunders you're making out, the bloke is just the new scapegoat on here because certain fans can't accept that bigger players on bigger paychecks aren't doing their job.
a drop out he could have just caught?? And the intercept he could have taken? Any other player and you d be rinsing them, just because you like wilson you cant bare to, if you think hes good enough long term, you are part of the problem

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
a drop out he could have just caught?? And the intercept he could have taken? Any other player and you d be rinsing them, just because you like wilson you cant bare to, if you think hes good enough long term, you are part of the problem
Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.