Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You chuck him in a Penrith side he scores 15+. A side that’s trying to reach the top he will struggle but he has the attributes remember last year his a younger user he will mess up give him time.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's deflating. Round and round we go again. 2026 new target year for top 8 if we get the right marquees which history would say we won't. No faith in the coach either.
Bring back the bears !!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has no real running power. Sure he can be elusive, but there's a difference between evading someone and running over them.
If Kiraz and Wilson both make 15m on a run, the players Wilson beats, will still be on their feet which aids the defence and Wilsons play-the-ball will likely be slow, Kiraz will leave one or two players on the ground, which will aid in a quick play-the-ball and likely lead to more metres on the next play against a broken or retreating line.
It's the reason why Bizza is so effective.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You chuck him in a Penrith side he scores 15+. A side that’s trying to reach the top he will struggle but he has the attributes remember last year his a younger user he will mess up give him time.
hes crap under the high ball also? no aerial threat, i watched skelton in reserves today, he needs to sort out defence abit but he d be so much more effective under the bomb and carrying the ball

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Later game thoughts. None of them good.

Why was Kiraz selected? He’s clearly not fit. It’s last year all over again. This dumb fucking assistant from Penrith continues to play blokes who are busted. I hope the blow torch is applied over the JAC scenario too. Best part is the next bloke up according to Ciraldope is another fella who hasn’t had a minute of game time in any capacity since last year and is also not fit.

Taaffe, poor kid is a shot duck already. The draw only gets worse for him too.

Left edge is a myth. Until we get a real coach, Burton will never amount to anything more than “i used to do big kick go brrrrr” at this club.

There’s a reason all these utilities are utilities and could never lock down spots at their previous clubs. They’re not that good.

Pack is fucked. No one knows how to use anyone.

Garden gnome at 9.. watch this space. They’re beating his drum and the media are well onto it. Booze already dropped the story of the club not happy with his output at his price. That will fester all season with inept performances like that.

RFM had a barnstormer for St George. Says it all.

Enjoy the shitshow we have coming for us this week. Luckily we have Cronulla in Cronulla up next…… lol
That decision to leave Fox playing, trying to catch with one arm just about summed up Ciro's odd coaching. He is prepared to let guys sustain further injury by staying on and worse still give the opposition a huge target to zero in on and jeopardise any hope of the team getting back into the game by carrying a liability in both attack and defence. Everyone saw that Fox only had the use of one arm and any opposition coach and team worth their salt would make menacing Fox their priority and CC would surely know that. It was a foolhardy coaching decision.

He just does not seem to have any urgency in securing a win for the club and his long game he seems to be prioritizing could be 3-4 years away. The club can't sustain such poor decisions like that if that is his thinking.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wasn’t it an ac joint?? If so don’t think it gets worse, I could be wrong. Most players needle up at halftime and play on.
you're right. once it's done, you're really just managing pain.
AC is a great result he'll be training next week and be back playing in 3-4.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hes crap under the high ball also? no aerial threat, i watched skelton in reserves today, he needs to sort out defence abit but he d be so much more effective under the bomb and carrying the ball
Skelton and Wilson are in contention I feel ciraldo prefers Wilson. I want to see Skelton get a run of games but Wilson seems preferable.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has no real running power. Sure he can be elusive, but there's a difference between evading someone and running over them.
If Kiraz and Wilson both make 15m on a run, the players Wilson beats, will still be on their feet which aids the defence and Wilsons play-the-ball will likely be slow, Kiraz will leave one or two players on the ground, which will aid in a quick play-the-ball and likely lead to more metres on the next play against a broken or retreating line.
It's the reason why Bizza is so effective.
Lol. You're complaining that he isn't running through people but around them. My good you guys need to take a breath and that's coming from me :tearsofjoy:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That decision to leave Fox playing, trying to catch with one arm just about summed up Ciro's odd coaching. He is prepared to let guys sustain further injury by staying on and worse still give the opposition a huge target to zero in on and jeopardise any hope of the team getting back into the game by carrying a liability in both attack and defence. Everyone saw that Fox only had the use of one arm and any opposition coach and team worth their salt would make menacing Fox their priority and CC would surely know that. It was a foolhardy coaching decision.

He just does not seem to have any urgency in securing a win for the club and his long game he seems to be prioritizing could be 3-4 years away. The club can't sustain such poor decisions like that if that is his thinking.
I’m honestly tired.. I love the club but I can’t stand seeing them like this… it’s too much

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The bulldogs socials need to stop posting for a whole week, I don’t wanna hear anything from them honestly

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That decision to leave Fox playing, trying to catch with one arm just about summed up Ciro's odd coaching. He is prepared to let guys sustain further injury by staying on and worse still give the opposition a huge target to zero in on and jeopardise any hope of the team getting back into the game by carrying a liability in both attack and defence.
You can't injure an AC further. once its separated, its separated. Hurts like a fucker though. I've done both.
But you're right he should've pulled him off as he was a target and being pushed into touch hurt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.