Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wasn’t it an ac joint?? If so don’t think it gets worse, I could be wrong. Most players needle up at halftime and play on.
yh ac joint but I guess we'll know more tomorrow or Monday if there's more damage

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be positive guys we got this
Last year we lost 31-6 round 1 v manly
We defended better at least .
Sharks big boys stronger than parra also ,maybe Burton might make a line break on Friday anything can happen but won’t like our team selections.
Worst case of if things go pear shaped we can watch Olympics in July:grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I only watched bits today as I was at work, but it seems our issues are the same.

No forward pack.

I don't think we will truly propel until there's some breakout talent in our forwards, either signed or bred.

I believe anything beyond that is trivial as we won't be winning games consistently without any grit in the middle.
On top of no pack, we have no spine. Even Reed which is basically the only real spine player is regressing.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't believe we've gone from Perham to Taaffe.

BRING BACK AVO!!!!

We haven't had a competent fullback since Will Hopoate. Let that sink in. WILL HOPOATE!!!

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole friggen club at the moment make me sick and it starts with a fucking assistant coach picking duds.
how Hutchinson gets picked over sexton
Wilson over Skelton
Kiraz with NO PRESEASON FORM over xerri

our only 110kg prop plays the first 10 mins and the last 4 mins of a game.
Mahoney can’t play 80, Mann needs to relieve him 10 before half time
Amen brother.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans on bottom of table (-24), Dogs (-18) 2nd last, but Titans get 2 points for the bye next week so enjoy not being last for a week. As Dan Ginnane said when they put the camera on Des Hasler "Say hello to darkness my old friend". Can't see CC being in the job in 2025, but who the fuck takes his place, I have no idea?
Found a coach to replace CC!!!sack of potatoes.jpg

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eels have a rockstar fullback in Gutho and we are still waiting...

Their fans call him King Gutho...

wtf do we call our fullbacks?? fucken duds!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi Team
Long time Bulldog from Bundaberg - first time poster!
I mean looooong time doggie - first started supporting the Berries in 1974 v Eastern Suburbs in the major semi.
We won 19-17. Lost the GF 19-4.
I saw it on black and white TV at my Aunties place (lol).
No matter i thought - that's gonna be my team!! CB!!

And by some crazy magic - Dogs have adopted Bundy as their country home for 3 years (hopefully more).
I moved to Brisbane at 17, but still have family and friends in Bundy and have been to both Dogs games at Salter oval... where I shed my fair share of blood for both Brothers and Wanderers (2 of the Bundy club teams).
Anyhoo ...that's been 50 years of being "diehard" Dogs supporter - living & breathing every moment with em.
As we all do on this site by the sounds of things!!

So - season 2024.
Brave start ....defence soooo much better. Discipline still sucks!!
Disappointing - thought we could beat Parra!!

May I propose the following team for Round 2 ...(seems JAC is out ...hoping Skelton avoids suspension)
1. Kiraz
2. Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Skelton
6. Burton
7. Hutch or Sexy (Pros & Cons) - Sexy speed - Hutch can tackle
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Salmon

14. Mann
15. Farmer Silly
16. Kautoga
17. Curran

This gives us a bit more punch out of back field trouble & still maintains integrity in the defensive frontline with Critta.
I like Taafe ...he's a great link player in the Billy Slater mould ....but his confidence has taken a hammering lately.
Kiraz as a #1 ? - Good under high ball, running out of trouble & defensively stronger. Yet to be convinced he understands how to link an offence.
Never want to see Perham in NRL again (after 5 tries in Reggies). Seriously - this dude does not understand defensive concepts.

Proud of the effort all the boys put in today. NRL, Reggies & 21's

Go DOGGIES!!!
Welcome to TK, great first post.

What do you think led to the defensive improvement?

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On top of no pack, we have no spine. Even Reed which is basically the only real spine player is regressing.
Regressed because he doesn’t have the same time and space that the likes of RCG and Paulo provided for him with their superior go forward. All of our FRF’s are interchange players at best.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t it an ac joint?? If so don’t think it gets worse, I could be wrong. Most players needle up at halftime and play on.
Yes AC joint is what i heard,

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah only fans like you champ I’ll be here until we’re winning again
We will stay but we will lose a lot of younger fans the way they are these days, our club is a joke atm and a lot of them will bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.