Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This!!! I thought we were going to see a different style of footy one that suits the team we have, getting the ball out wide especially to the loaded superstar side! It did not make any sense to me with the style we played today, absolutely disgraceful, I don’t care if we had lost playing a style of football suited to our team, but the shit we dished up tonight was absolutely disgraceful!!! Coach should be under the pump for our performance!
This was my only thought of optimism for this season. It was clear that we are short in the middle and lack quality in the halves. I have been hoping that a different approach, a different style would have been developed in the offseason. The trial against the Sharks showed no signs of it. Tonight has reinforced it. Nothing was formulated to play to our strengths over the off-season. Same old same old.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This was my only thought of optimism for this season. It was clear that we are short in the middle and lack quality in the halves. I have been hoping that a different approach, a different style would have been developed in the offseason. The trial against the Sharks showed no signs of it. Tonight has reinforced it. Nothing was formulated to play to our strengths over the off-season. Same old same old.
Yes it is difficult when the coach has only seen it done 1 way and as an assistant. He obviously has very limited ability and zero capacity to adapt and implement fresh ideas etc...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said this year ago Wilson needs 5-10 kg added to his frame
He needs super glue on his hands. I think he does well using his body now, he doesn't charge at forwards like Cacabum Addo-Carr. Wilson likes to use his speed, step, swerve instead of getting belted by forwards. Mr cacabum has been outplayed by Wilson for a while now.

My main issue is his handling which I hope improves.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just hope he didn't make it worse when he was bundled into touch from that shit pass from Taaffe
Wasn’t it an ac joint?? If so don’t think it gets worse, I could be wrong. Most players needle up at halftime and play on.

DoggiesHOOHAA

Waterboy
Reaction score
I only watched bits today as I was at work, but it seems our issues are the same.

No forward pack.

I don't think we will truly propel until there's some breakout talent in our forwards, either signed or bred.

I believe anything beyond that is trivial as we won't be winning games consistently without any grit in the middle.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he is knocking at Parras door apparently...
Mate honestly can’t believe a season again and this mob can’t play attacking football it amazes me and so does our coach with his presser.
Ciraldo will ruin his career with his constant dud player loyalty.
Any way Cronulla by 30-40 next week

Status
Not open for further replies.