Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless we touched the ball in the leadup.. isn't first touch the ball with a foot over the dead ball line after a kick considered as the ball going dead off the kick? Swear it should have been a 20 meter tap rather than a dropout.. which inturn lead to a double movement try.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watched NSW Cup; BBO and Kautaga were the standouts. Papali'i, Skelton and Todd performed well. Skelton will probably be suspended. Unless Burton is shifted to centre, BBO will not get a look in. Kautaga is an edge back rower, no need for another. Papali'i is 19 and not ready. Todd needs more time in NSW Cup. Pehram and Xerri were poor in defence. Edwards, Patolo and Tetevano look under done. Knight looked a step behind the intensity of the game at times. At best Tracey for Addo Carr, I just don't see other changes at this stage. But BBO and Kautaga are at least applying pressure. Papali'i is developing and Skelton can handle NRL if needed.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Watching the highlights has made me ill. We had a whole pre season to be ready for Round One. Incompetence, limited attacking options and a gutless performance was on display. If this does not change by the end of Round 5, heads will be rolling.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Watched NSW Cup; BBO and Kautaga were the standouts. Papali'i, Skelton and Todd performed well. Skelton will probably be suspended. Unless Burton is shifted to centre, BBO will not get a look in. Kautaga is an edge back rower, no need for another. Papali'i is 19 and not ready. Todd needs more time in NSW Cup. Pehram and Xerri were poor in defence. Edwards, Patolo and Tetevano look under done. Knight looked a step behind the intensity of the game at times. At best Tracey for Addo Carr, I just don't see other changes at this stage. But BBO and Kautaga are at least applying pressure. Papali'i is developing and Skelton can handle NRL if needed.
I can live with that.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
See when Critta scored Burton hit the unders line and he would have probably scored if kiks went short. Just shows he’s a lot more effective playing like a centre.
Yeah I just don’t know who plays 5/8th sexton isn’t up to it defensively

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s a lot of sad sacks on here.
fact is, last year we lose that game by 60.
am I happy? No.
am I disgusted, like some of you perpetually depressed crybabies? No.
A bit odd isn’t it. We actually played like a team, and for each other. I’m definitely willing to give this side another four weeks if required minimum. We ain’t expected to make top 8, result is probably fitting where we should be. Watching saints titans, makes me feel very comfortable with our coach and team

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We came out strong and defended well, but they just kept getting the ball in our red zone.

We had only 3 hit ups in their red zone 60 minutes in.

Parra should have put 50 on us... But the boys just kept tackling their asses off.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taaffe has crumbled under the pressure and opportunity. He has blown it within 1 regular season game and 1 trial game.
He’s speed to set up sweep play try for Wilson was actually mint. He did same in first half yet it was butchered not by him. Despite he’s first mistake which I feel was a strip wasn’t too bad at all. He’s defence is lacking, as bit small, everything else is ok

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely next week it’s something like

1. Connor Tracey
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Bronson Xerri
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Jeral Skelton
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton
8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14.Drew Hutchison
15. Sam hughes
16. Kurt Mann
17. Jaeman Salmon

18. Zane Tetevano

not saying it’s the answer but Jesus Christ that game was rough. Early is time for changes not later in the bloody year.
To make changes of this nature the coach and his daddy gus would have to admit they were wrong with team selections for round 1. They are incapable of accountability, unfortunately

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep no even close. Making more tough carries than our forwards
This is what I'm saying... the assistant uses our wingers as props, if he is going to stick with that shit game plan, why not play a winger who is a better prop than our props?

It's not that Wilson is shit, but he isn't the player you need for your shit game plan.

Like FMD is simple logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.