Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go on who should we have picked. We don’t have a million in reserve (if any) that are first grade standard
After today we need changes to be competitive. I understand we barely had the ball and looked gassed because of defence.

Taaffe > Tracey (if fit)
JAC > Xerri (Injury forced)
Hutch > Sexton (His combo with Burton was developing nicely).
Curran over Salmon
Kitone > Morrin (his size and energy would be good of the bench.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can someone ring Cameron ciraldo and ask him if our team has been banned for offloading ?
If yes
Sack ciraldo
RFM has thrown about 6 offloads in 20 minutes so yes we are banned

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great analysis and all correct. The errors killed us especially in the first half, they let Parra dominate possession and drain our energy in defence so that the few attacking chances we did have went to waste.

For me Burton was especially disappointing tonight, it is so frustrating watching a guy with elite natural talent acting like an NFL punter. His career is going to be a constant disappointment unless he realises that multiple times every game he has to run the ball hard and create something.
And he didn't even do that well, he seemed to always land it on the 20m line, regardless of where he kicked it from. He has a big enough boot to constantly push the FB inside his own 10m, and across a game that can make a big difference, especially when playing a large pack. Only reason I can think of for doing the 20m thing is he is worried about kicking it dead. If that is the case he needs to get more accuracy in his kicks, plenty of other kicking halves push the opposition FB back into his own 10m. If you can get into the arm wrestle your kick is a big part of the equation, even more so when you are making errors and have less than 40% of possession.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I know mate but by the book it was contact on the legs of a kicker and he’s a bulldogs player now.
It took us forever to go down that side when he set up the Critta try. It was one of the rare highlights of the match IMO.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don’t get is. 7 minutes left, and we still go through the motions and just kick the ball. Fucking try something different, take a risk we are never going to win a game
Lack of attacking prowess. Our spine is weak.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don’t get is. 7 minutes left, and we still go through the motions and just kick the ball. Fucking try something different, take a risk we are never going to win a game
Not until burton stops bombing expecting injured kiraz to leap and catch it and offload

We cant even contest a short drop out

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM has thrown about 6 offloads in 20 minutes so yes we are banned
That’s what has got to me too. I haven’t looked at stats but I’m assuming it’s part of the ‘Penrith system’ that doesn’t seem to work. This is on Gus if it fails.

What worries me more than anything else is that the ‘Penrith system’ is about to be replaced by a better game style in the next few years. If Ciro thinks it will work forever he is not the coach any team needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.