Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dont believe our forward did so bad, avg set meters were similar even considering that they had to make many more tackles.
The problem is going to be our halves & game management. Our attack was mainly pre rehearsed set plays. No instinctive play. Hence the dogs ability to attack when needed in our half was non existent. Nothing but one off hit ups.
Early days I suppose, defense was better. Nothing shown again that CC has a game plan to improve our attack.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hitchinson will be 7 and Burton 6 till round 22 when Ciro will make a change
I said Ciraldos stubbornness will be our undoing,needs to be proactive and find what combos work.
Not any easier v sharks next Friday in prime time 6pm not

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s round one Ciro will
Have to make a decision get sexton back in Hutchinson is too slow it took kikau and Crichton to score they weren’t giving it to the left side attack at all anyways round 1 whatever see what happens

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
will depend on how moses pulls up as well, groins are hard to manage particularly for a half
Agree I just think Penrith will be really hungry after falling short this week. If you get enough good ball you’ll score against Parra. Both their edges are suspect in defence

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How shit are we when a positive is only letting 26 points in....
I actually think that was a positive, when you break it down. If you just say "26 points", it doesn't sound great, but...

- The last 6 point were really unlucky, happened mostly because we pushed the pass too much in the dying minutes.
- The Harper try was also very unlucky.
- The only try they scored that was legit well done was the Cartwright try.

All of that despite them having 60% of possession, and in the first half 70%. Last season we rarely made 400 tackles in a game, but when we got close we let in 40+ points. We actually looked fitter than the Eels for most of the last 20 minutes despite having made more tackles and being more impacted by injury.

The major disappointment were the errors. There was some dumb ones, and some unlucky ones, including a few of the ref decisions or non-decisions. But we can't be making 13 errors, we still don't have the team for it. 7 or 8 errors across a game helps us to be competitive against most teams in the NRL, because at this stage we look improved compared with last season when it comes to:

- Fitness
- Line speed
- Missed tackle count
- Defensive structure

Our attack looked rubbish because we had almost no chance to try attacking the ball, which is why I think the errors are the major disappointment. When we finally did get a chance we scored two pretty decent tries, one on each side of the field.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That score could’ve been a lot higher I was surprised at there defensive especially in first 20 they never had the ball at all

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not super disappointed, Moses short kicking game in the first half getting the repeat sets killed us. We’ll be much better than last year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I actually think that was a positive, when you break it down. If you just say "26 points", it doesn't sound great, but...

- The last 6 point were really unlucky, happened mostly because we pushed the pass too much in the dying minutes.
- The Harper try was also very unlucky.
- The only try they scored that was legit well done was the Cartwright try.

All of that despite them having 60% of possession, and in the first half 70%. Last season we rarely made 400 tackles in a game, but when we got close we let in 40+ points. We actually looked fitter than the Eels for most of the last 20 minutes despite having made more tackles and being more impacted by injury.

The major disappointment were the errors. There was some dumb ones, and some unlucky ones, including a few of the ref decisions or non-decisions. But we can't be making 13 errors, we still don't have the team for it. 7 or 8 errors across a game helps us to be competitive against most teams in the NRL, because at this stage we look improved compared with last season when it comes to:

- Fitness
- Line speed
- Missed tackle count
- Defensive structure

Our attack looked rubbish because we had almost no chance to try attacking the ball, which is why I think the errors are the major disappointment. When we finally did get a chance we scored two pretty decent tries, one on each side of the field.
Have to admit, you sumed it up very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.