Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Penrith 13+ we had limited good ball and still scored 2 tries and probably should have scored again toward the end.
will depend on how moses pulls up as well, groins are hard to manage particularly for a half

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes made excuse after excuse in not picking skelton, even after he had a great game against Penrith, CC made excuse after excuse not to pick him.

I'm taking skelton over Wilson and kiraz every single day.

CC doesn't rate him.
We’ll see what happens on Tuesday mate.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate, it was apparent to some of us soon after he joined with his team choices, game plans (or lack thereof!). Just like it was with TBaz …. But but … they need time to settle, time for team to gell, BS BS BS …!!!!
Yeah but we are just "haters".

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly guys defence was genuinely better than before but you can see the middle forwards were fkdddddddd completely are going to lose every game if we can’t get the middles to get those territory. Our kicking game was rubbish no offence to Burton and hutch
I agree wholeheartedly. The ref wasn't exactly unbiased now, was he? The slime had enough ball to smash us 50 blot but, only won 26-8 due to two fliukey tries a penaly goal and Burton missed both conversions. First game of the season and the usual suspects have the razors out slashing their wrists already..... fucking fair weather muppets.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if burton hadn't missed those conversions we wouldn't be last right now

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a joke same as every other year, the rot started when we couldn't offer James Graham a contract, now we have had coach after coach after coach, can we get a fucking halfback for crying out loud, and piss Burton off to the centres, absolute joke to watch the Bulldogs now, nothing like any dogs team ever, oh and we need a dam coach Ceraldo is shite, thanks to all you guys that got rid of Dean Pay for dickhead failure Trent Barrett good one guys, I mightn't have liked him either but we were getting more points and were more consistent, but wait hang on were consistently running on the bottom now after Barrett and Ceraldo, very upsetting to be a doggies fan atm
Hang in there. Gus has a 20 year plan. This is only year 3.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus is thinking of only one thing - his retirement and how he is going to spend the millions of $ss we are gifting him as his salary
I don't think he is. I don't much like him I never have but I'm sure in his own mind at least he'd still be certain of achieving his goals he's got here.
He would still be adamant Cc is the best head coach in the history of processional sports and like he said last season that deliberately planning for losses in the short term or not so short term is how you rebuild for long term success.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Plays scared? Lmao. I'm sorry but none of you have a clue, I shouldn't expect anything more from here I guess.

Here's legitimate reasons,

on the end of backline moves, he can't expect the pass to come perfectly all the time (eg kikau to crichton) Wilson drops those cold.

4th tackle, reed is at dummy half to spread the ball right, Wilson comes in stupidly for a 2 metre hit up when we're in shit field position.

Hes too light weight when compared to skeltons runs back

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hes made excuse after excuse in not picking skelton, even after he had a great game against Penrith, CC made excuse after excuse not to pick him.

I'm taking skelton over Wilson and kiraz every single day.

CC doesn't rate him.
From what I've seen in first grade at least, they both have as many errors as each other. But we need all the help we can get from the back 5. We could not get any momentum through the ruck today and that is against a Parra team who we are not sure are top 4 material. Top 8 probably.

I don't see how we can carry Wilson, Foxx and Taaffe. 2 of them have to be out in my opinion we can only carry one of those guys going forward. It's too lightweight.

From what I've seen with the Storm and how they make it work is they can carry 1 with Papi at the back. Meaney is quite strong and safe in comparison to Wilson & Taaffe.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s a lot of sad sacks on here.
fact is, last year we lose that game by 60.
am I happy? No.
am I disgusted, like some of you perpetually depressed crybabies? No.
that was last year.. this is THIS YEAR!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.