Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone got an idea why Tracey is on the reserves list but not named in cup?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone got an idea why Tracey is on the reserves list but not named in cup?
Maybe he is closer than what we think, and there is a player under an injury cloud.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fkn hutchinson omg. eels by 30+
Yea that’s the only questionable selection in my view. Sexton played well last year and during the trials . What did he do to deserve losing his spot to Hutchinson who in my view isn’t anything special. Hopefully we aren’t left scratching our heads after round 1

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand the reasoning for every selection but the not selecting Kautoga on the bench puzzles me,
We are desperate for size and impact therefore he should have been selected.
Since the game has gone quicker, Ciraldo thinks Mann , salmon and more agile forwards is the way to go. Who knows? It might be a master move

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brent read said we are soft through the forwards and Hutchinson will play sideways meaning our backs will be no threat

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see Skelton at centre in reserves. We have no depth there and i think he is better suited to that position to utilise his skills. He should be there now with an eye towards playing as an edge backrower in a couple years time.

Kiraz for me is an out and out winger. Great under the high ball and can finish in the corner when required.

Xerri will come into the team sooner rather than later. I like Wilson but he is a genuine backup style player. Or the type of player you have when the rest of the backing are all reps taking up all the salary cap. We're not there yet.

I guess the question remains as to where Tracey will play. I doubt he walks straight into first grade from his injury but I also don't think we bought him to play reserves.
We have more depth at centre than any other position.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess the question remains as to where Tracey will play. I doubt he walks straight into first grade from his injury but I also don't think we bought him to play reserves.
I think Taffe is the one in trouble if he doesn’t nail it in the first couple of rounds. Tracey to centre and Critta to FB or straight swap for Taffe at the back

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brent read said we are soft through the forwards and Hutchinson will play sideways meaning our backs will be no threat
Meh, wasn’t he a soccer player. Parra pack starting to age, not as formidable as couple years ago

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Meh, wasn’t he a soccer player. Parra pack starting to age, not as formidable as couple years ago
Also they have no props on the bench 2 locks, a hooker and a second rower. We match them
For first 20 should win. Think it will be tight and low scoring though. See us winning 18 to 6 something like that.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also they have no props on the bench 2 locks, a hooker and a second rower. We match them
For first 20 should win. Think it will be tight and low scoring though. See us winning 18 to 6 something like that.
Well we started both trials on top. Hopefully we come out of blocks again. Really struggling to get a read in this, I feel we’re still shit. Yet on paper it’s the best we’ve looked in years

Status
Not open for further replies.