Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Knight not even in the reserves is interesting....Kitone could be a late inclusion for Morrin.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When is media day this week ? Tomorrow? Need to understand context and explanation on some of the selections from Ciro

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels have one of the most dominant packs when they have momentum. But I think you can really frustrate them if you slow down the play and make it ugly.

I hope we arent risking Crichton if he isnt fully fit, same as Kiraz.
If u stop them from offloading, they’re nothing at all. Theyre the queens of offloading

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When is media day this week ? Tomorrow? Need to understand context and explanation on some of the selections from Ciro
should be tomorrow for the players, normally the coach does his the day before gameday so should be Friday

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Concerned about where the points are going to come from, based on history the Dogs won't get many with that spine and Salmon at lock. Mann to replace Mahoney as well sometime in game, they are both hard workers but not as dominant in attack as some others. Burton and Hutchinson need to play twice as good as they did in the trials, otherwise heads will drop and the defence after a few games will drop off. Would have had Xerri in the side probably pushing Crighton to fullback to start the year. Luckily Parra a missing a few, its the first game, so the Dogs might jag a win.
Decent NSW Cup side, very interested to see how Papali'i, Xerri, Sexton, Edwards, Todd and Patolo go in particular.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Xerri in, Ciraldo to centre the only change I’d make, Wilson has been very good though.

With Tracey and Xerri on the bench, potentially the best our backs have looked in many years.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo will have to out coach Arthur & Tbaz. We also need a every player to contribute to a team performance. If they turn up like last season at Brookvale round 1 we will be put away.

Target the side with HahaHarper!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 103553

Team lists
1. Blake Taaffe 2. Blake Wilson 3. Jacob Kiraz 4.Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Poasa Faamausili 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jacob Preston 13. Jaeman Salmon 14. Kurt Mann 15. Samuel Hughes 16. Josh Curran 17.Kurtis Morrin 19. Bronson Xerri 20. Toby Sexton 21. Jake Turpin 22. Connor Tracey 23. Kitione Kautoga
I can understand the reasoning for every selection but the not selecting Kautoga on the bench puzzles me,
We are desperate for size and impact therefore he should have been selected.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Wow, that is a great looking cup side. Assuming they dominate (fingers bloody crossed), a lot of these guys will be banging on the door of first grade in good, confident form.

What's even better is that this game is listed for Foxtel broadcast, so those who aren't heading to the game will still be able to watch it

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s it gonna take for Kautoga to crack the side. He should be there 100%
Ciraldo is just so predictable with his selections and he needs to get it right this year. We can’t go 10 rounds in before bringing in a guy that should’ve and could’ve been selected round 1. Time will tell

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Don’t like faamasuli at all don’t think he will last long in first grade

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Grandpa Hutchinson hope he doesn’t trip over his walker, moved like a sloth that’s had a stroke… also hope they have the ambulance ready for Grandpa’s hospital passes

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Match fitness shouldn’t be an issue for a change, we are looking fitter and more disciplined and that alone should give us a better chance.

Don’t think Hutch/Burton was the best option but I have trust the system and try and buy into what’s being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.