Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We beat ourselves tonight, shame because I thought Nights were there for the taking, if we could keep our share of the ball.

Only positive was Flanigen, thought he was best on ground for the first 30 minutes, then we couldn't complete a set for the rest of the game almost!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair to Newcastle they've endured years of shit like we have but even worse.

They have a strong team now and will cause problems for most teams, they might push top 4 this year if Ponga comes back and they stay healthy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He said in the PC that he was going to seek clarification. Plus he has a prettier face than Pay or Hasler so he MAY get somewhere.
Hope so. :grinning:

Needs to get our stats and video guy to make up a presentation of all the dodgy one-sided decisions Cummins came up with so he is armed with dead set visual proof.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dropped ball and getting totally dominated in the ruck cost us that one. It’s still very much a work in progress. I thought there was signs of life in attack but ball control really gave us no chance. When you get dominated like that in the ruck you leave yourself wide open for the ref to rule in the oppositions favour. Our pack really had to lift or we won’t be in many games this year.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Early days really and to be expected. Signs were definitely there that we'll be a lot more competitive this year especially in attack, however it's going to take time. We need to be patient with this team.

A lot on here talking about signing up Staggs. Personally, I put signing more forwards as much more important. No point having a star studded backline if we're stuck in our own half continuously.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Obviously we need to loose alot of the donkeys we have but you can't ignore how the refs gassed us out by giving continuous repeat sets! Take the refs out of the game and it would have been a different game all together
Seemed as tho Cummins was determined to keep blowing 6 agains till they scored.
Soul destroying when you are reffed out of it then drop the ball to compound that.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Boy our bench is woeful tonight . Rfm / Napa / atoni were really bad .

positives

flanagan
Averillo ( first 20/30 mins then went Mia after that )
Cotric yardage metres
We looked liked scoring every time on their tryline but the lack of discipline in our defence will hurt us big time . We need to be able to be more resilient on our tryline and not hand over tries.

Ball handling was appalling, it will be a rollercoster ride . I’ve been saying for a while add crighton and klemmer to this pack and we can match it with the best next year .

HenryJ23

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would take tonights loss over any of the losses the last few years... Absolutely amazing to have an out and out half back again and the kicking game was the best I've seen since Sherwin and Anasta. Our shape in attack looks like we can be dangerous(finally). the knights played well and the tries we let in were soft and we were on the wrong side of the ref... for the first time in a long time im optimistic as I can see a lot of improvement that can quite easily come.. for example Hoppa was our most consistent player for the last few years and today he played his normal game but was one of our worst... we can only get better.. Chins up boys, we've got this .. D4L

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Boy our bench is woeful tonight . Rfm / Napa / atoni were really bad .

positives

flanagan
Averillo ( first 20/30 mins then went Mia after that )
Cotric yardage metres
We looked liked scoring every time on their tryline but the lack of discipline in our defence will hurt us big time . We need to be able to be more resilient on our tryline and not hand over tries.

Ball handling was appalling, it will be a rollercoster ride . I’ve been saying for a while add crighton and klemmer to this pack and we can match it with the best next year .
Averillo is a centre, anyone can see that.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What does anyone expect, all these new players, a new structures, new coach but same mistake as previous years. 60min trial with players missing is stupid. We needed the experience n combinations ironed out. Big mistake

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What does anyone expect, all these new players, a new structures, new coach but same mistake as previous years. 60min trial with players missing is stupid. We needed the experience n combinations ironed out. Big mistake
Word. I thought the same.
What was the point otherwise if we werent going to test our plays?
Just risks injuries

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
w
Not harsh at all. Think people need to chill.
We lost, it sucks, we will improve.
Cant sign 16 new players in an off season.
We still have weaknesses with the cattle we have.
Anywhos...
welp we have 15 players off contract at the end of the year so we have to soon