Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Avo's first NRL game at 5/8, so I'm not expecting high standards. Yes he was poor, but some wanna shaft him already and put Lewis there after he himself has had countless chances. Where's the logic in that?
Regardless, Burton will take that spot anyway. So even if Avo does fail miserably (or Lewis gets another shot) it's only for the short term.
I'm more concerned about our go forward and shitty defence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Okay I'm still fucking furious. Like I don't even understand. Like why did Allan and Jake have ZERO involvement? Wtf did we do during preseason? I get things aren't going to work so early but it's like they didn't even try? How do you decide to play Jake and only see him have 1 run? Wtf?
Especially as Baz highlighted how the spine must help Flanno and even out the responsibility.

Those guys need a rev up.

A few didn't perform or make any impact or appear to want to. Attitude adjustment needed. I'm sure coaching staff will be onto it.

Avo is 14 material at this stage of his development but I'd like to see Dietz stay in the team.

Problems there for Baz.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Boys keep ur head up it’s the first game of the season, looking at the press conference Trent b knows what to do like the things he mentioned, the things we did bad for example stupid errors is a one tranning fix I’m sure we were really tired Because we got like 20 percent of the ball in the second half, and knights asking questions on our line, we have 15 off contract players this year and tbaz is going to sign the people we need to be contenders, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

GO THE DOGGIES

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now I’ve had time to settle
I see a lot of potential in this team, our attack with flanno with be heaps better
We dropped 4 balls i think that lead directly to knights try’s
Flanno 3 assists superb
Cotric looked the goods
Hethrington added aggression

I think the score didn’t reflect the dogs team
We only got our first set restart with 18 to go
Not 1 penalty

Knights got a free ride all night with the ref
And I’m not blaming the ref but some of those repeat sets were ridiculous

I see a lot in this team honestly more than last year

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Allen will get the season at fullback but if he doesn’t excel I would love to see the Fox get the 1 jersey next season
That may be the best option tbh

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Avo's first NRL game at 5/8, so I'm not expecting high standards. Yes he was poor, but some wanna shaft him already and put Lewis there after he himself has had countless chances. Where's the logic in that?
Regardless, Burton will take that spot anyway. So even if Avo does fail miserably (or Lewis gets another shot) it's only for the short term.
I'm more concerned about our go forward and shitty defence.
I'd say next in line would be Wakeham (If Avo is replaced). I really don't think Barett rates Lewis and he will be one of the many players to go at the end of the season.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i find it extremley hard to believe that the Knoughts were perfect up until about the 65th or 70th minute when we got our first 6 again (which i think was to only even them up alittle at the end after we'd had 30 put on us)

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching Parra makes our result look better at least we started positively and showed good signs in attack.

We got nil penalties and all 3 of our set restarts were in the last 10 when the result was decided

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our forwards, lack of ball control and getting totally dominated in the ruck lost us that game. Cannot believe people are trying to blame the halves or anyone in the backs. The Knights won every single physical contest and no one playing behind a pack like that is going to do any damage.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I’ve had time to settle
I see a lot of potential in this team, our attack with flanno with be heaps better
We dropped 4 balls i think that lead directly to knights try’s
Flanno 3 assists superb
Cotric looked the goods
Hethrington added aggression

I think the score didn’t reflect the dogs team
We only got our first set restart with 18 to go
Not 1 penalty

Knights got a free ride all night with the ref
And I’m not blaming the ref but some of those repeat sets were ridiculous

I see a lot in this team honestly more than last year
I agree with this. We were on top midway through the first half before the Knights got 2 set restarts in the same set and then it was downhill from there. This team is not good enough to win games with less than 50% possession so we need an even share of possession to have a realistic chance

I don't think scoring points will be as much of an issue as it was before. Stopping the opposition from scoring seems like the biggest issue we now have

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Went a bit loopy at the score, sorry if anyone was offended at the game by me goin trop.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards, lack of ball control and getting totally dominated in the ruck lost us that game. Cannot believe people are trying to blame the halves or anyone in the backs. The Knights won every single physical contest and no one playing behind a pack like that is going to do any damage.
Yep most times over the past few years that we have come up against a decent forward pack we have got dominated. And there’s a reason for that - our forward pack is below average.

Look at it this way and the answer is pretty simple as to why we got outplayed in the forwards last night - How many of our forwards would make the knights starting pack ?

To me the answer is none so it’s no surprise we got dominated. I would have thought Baz might have seen this before Round 1 and maybe tried to come up with something different to counter the fact we would get dominated up front. I guess lost balls and shit calls made that impossible though .

We need another top class prop plus a gun backrower at least for next year. Matterson would do and then someone like Haas (it may not be him specifically but someone like him).

And obviously a hooker