Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a team we have the wood on more than the Knights. We've won 8 out of the last 9 times we've played them.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Meaney Waddell JMK Katoa are. It first grade material. Better off blooding a young winger, playing Doorey, playing Deitz and blooding a young playmaker

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
You know what would be awesome to see is some of the old legends at the front row of the kennel

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a team we have the wood on more than the Knights. We've won 8 out of the last 9 times we've played them.
Yeah we have a good record there but that could make them even more switched on. The last 3 years we have went up there as heavy underdogs and beat them each time so we have every right to be confident.

We are a new team with a new coach though so I think any recent records against other teams wont matter much this year.

The big plus for us is no Ponga. He is their best player by a million miles. If Hoppa can contain Bradman Best then that will go a long way towards us winning the game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its been ordinary for a while our rd 1 record

2006 - beat by average panthers side
2007 - sbw sent off and beat by knights
2008 - up 20 nil v eels and rolled
2009 - good win v manly
2010 - rolled by shit knights team
2011 - good win v tigers
2012 - good win v panthers
2013 - beat by cowboys after barba debacle
2014 - beat by broncos with barba in their side
2015 - beat by panthers
2016 - last win v manly
2017 - beat by storm
2018 - beat by storm
2019 - sodomised by warriors
2020 - decent effort but loss v eels

This is from memory but I think it’s right.

4 first round wins in the last 15 years
I can remember going into the 2010 season so confident after 09, was pretty deflating losing that first game to the knights. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember going into the 2010 season so confident after 09, was pretty deflating losing that first game to the knights. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat.
2010 was a strange season. We aged so quickly. Luke Patten was such a great player for us but he turned to shit that year.

Barba should have played more as well

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tuesday 4pm will really start ramping up the emotions!!!!

Is there any chance Deitz can be named because he's train and trial?

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuesday 4pm will really start ramping up the emotions!!!!

Is there any chance Deitz can be named because he's train and trial?
I think he either needs to get elevated to the top 30 taking the last spot we saving for Burton, I've seen here Harding is gone? can he take his spot?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well as most agree, we are coming off a very low base. Most teams have a huge advantage over us and are far more settled in their structures.

It's gonna take time to gell with so many new players but part of the problem is unlearning all the dumb stuff thats been around the club since 2013 of lumbering one out plays, slow line speed and wingers coming in and out of position.

It is take a while to be a cohesive unit.

But you can def see we are on the up.
I think the fact the we have so many new players works in our favour, as far as unlearning bad habits and coaching.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think the fact the we have so many new players works in our favour, as far as unlearning bad habits and coaching.
For sure. Def helps stamp out bad habits where they're all on the one page.

We are in a good place after the new players and coaching kicks in after a while.