News Rooty Hill RSL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thought some on here might be interested (West HQ) ABC Investigation on funding grants and shady deals with Arbib.

West HQ allegedly gave cash to its own pet projects while ignoring needy local charities

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally within the law, nothing shady to see

Its a whinging person in community who didn’t get funding.. even a club that size can’t fund everyone who knocks on their door.

As I understand, clubs give a percentage of their revenue to community. But the requests for grants far exceed the money they can spend, even for a club that size.

That club would get thousands of applications for funding, every man and his dog holds his hand out, they can’t fund every organisation that wants funds.

even the council in the story makes up their own lists, essentially they also apply their criteria and many miss out.

it’s like you and I being criticised for not giving money to every single charity. If we miss any, Then the charity complain about why you are prejudiced against them, how much money you make and how they suffer because you didn’t fund them.

That organisation would have applied to many clubs in he area (10+ others) they all denied their application? why is that I wonder? Then the abc single out rooty hill RSL?

why didnt that story balance the criticism with a positive turn to talk about all the many organisations over the years that receive funding from rooty hill rsl, not focus on a particular organisation that every other club also denied funding? A beat up story

Last edited:

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see the truth of how they allocate their money to mates and lobbyists coming out now. They used to be good, but the new management are all about feathering their own nests imho.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Totally within the law, nothing shady to see

Its a whinging person in community who didn’t get funding.. even a club that size can’t fund everyone who knocks on their door.

As I understand, clubs give a percentage of their revenue to community. But the requests for grants far exceed the money they can spend, even for a club that size.

That club would get thousands of applications for funding, every man and his dog holds his hand out, they can’t fund every organisation that wants funds.

even the council in the story makes up their own lists, essentially they also apply their criteria and many miss out.

it’s like you and I being criticised for not giving money to every single charity. If we miss any, Then the charity complain about why you are prejudiced against them, how much money you make and how they suffer because you didn’t fund them.

That organisation would have applied to many clubs in he area (10+ others) they all denied their application? why is that I wonder? Then the abc single out rooty hill RSL?

why didnt that story balance the criticism with a positive turn to talk about all the many organisations over the years that receive funding from rooty hill rsl, not focus on a particular organisation that every other club also denied funding? A beat up story
I think there's a bit more shonkiness to the whole story than you are indicating but everyone's got an opinion on these types of issues.

There's a lot of money involved with poker machine revenue hey.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I read this today. Making well $ 100 million profits. But can’t give $10k for a cafe / soup kitchen for the needy… they’ve all got their noses in the trough. Absolutely shameful

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read this today. Making well $ 100 million profits. But can’t give $10k for a cafe / soup kitchen for the needy… they’ve all got their noses in the trough. Absolutely shameful
that’s where you are wrong, they do give to the cafe / soup kitchen, just not EVERY cafe / soup kitchen..

there is a bit more to this, did the cafe / soup kitchen apply within the right timeframes, did they get money a previous year and now the club supports a different cafe / soup kitchen, did the soup kitchen fail to explain how the money would be spent? Are they even located in the close proximity to the club?

none of us know these things so impossible to pass judgement. They have broken no law, so what do they have to answer for? The regulator would punish them if they did, it’s not for the abc to frame a story

do you support EVERY charity that comes your way?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
that’s where you are wrong, they do give to the cafe / soup kitchen, just not EVERY cafe / soup kitchen..

there is a bit more to this, did the cafe / soup kitchen apply within the right timeframes, did they get money a previous year and now the club supports a different cafe / soup kitchen, did the soup kitchen fail to explain how the money would be spent? Are they even located in the close proximity to the club?

none of us know these things so impossible to pass judgement. They have broken no law, so what do they have to answer for? The regulator would punish them if they did, it’s not for the abc to frame a story

do you support EVERY charity that comes your way?
It’s about the greed. Of course they know how to work the books to stay in the law…When you take more than you give your greedy IMO

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I am under the impression that Charity aspect was the headline grabber, the real grist of the article was the apparent pork barrelling happening at the club for their own interests and diverting money away from Charities as a result. Have to wonder how these places keep their NFP tax status given they have clearly moved on from what they historically were.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s about the greed. Of course they know how to work the books to stay in the law…When you take more than you give your greedy IMO
but they play by the rules? It’s a beat up story.

do you also say that anyone who goes out to an expensive restaurant and doesn’t give to the homeless is greedy?

that club plows all its money back into the facility for the members of that community to enjoy, the community have the facility to enjoy. Who is being greedy?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
but they play by the rules? It’s a beat up story.

do you also say that anyone who goes out to an expensive restaurant and doesn’t give to the homeless is greedy?

that club plows all its money back into the facility for the members of that community to enjoy, the community have the facility to enjoy. Who is being greedy?
Mate why are you stamping out fires on everyone over this topic… do you work there or something… related to the mafia managers? Lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate why are you stamping out fires on everyone over this topic… do you work there or something… related to the mafia managers? Lol
no I don’t work there. But I’ve worked in a similar environment and know the abc have another agenda.

Im not stamping out fires, if they were doing wrong, the regulator would be on em.. the abc just wants to swirl up a story.

For instance, Abc did a similar story about a lady who dumped stolen money through poker machines at another club.. demanding the club give it back as the money was stolen. But how was the club to know where the lady got the money? Does JB hifi ask where you got your money before they hand over the 70 inch Tv? Did she steal it or did she make wise investments and that was her entertainment?.. abc turned it around saying greedy club keeps stolen money not that the lady was a thief.

So does the club then ask its employees to return their wages as it was from stolen money? Or Ask all the suppliers to refund the money due to it being stolen? But the abc just target te club, ignore the thief, let the employees and suppliers off from the stolen money..forget about the new car she paid cash for? Geeezz..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no I don’t work there. But I’ve worked in a similar environment and know the abc have another agenda.

Im not stamping out fires, if they were doing wrong, the regulator would be on em.. the abc just wants to swirl up a story.

For instance, Abc did a similar story about a lady who dumped stolen money through poker machines at another club.. demanding the club give it back as the money was stolen. But how was the club to know where the lady got the money? Does JB hifi ask where you got your money before they hand over the 70 inch Tv? Did she steal it or did she make wise investments and that was her entertainment?.. abc turned it around saying greedy club keeps stolen money not that the lady was a thief.

So does the club then ask its employees to return their wages as it was from stolen money? Or Ask all the suppliers to refund the money due to it being stolen? But the abc just target te club, ignore the thief, let the employees and suppliers off from the stolen money..forget about the new car she paid cash for? Geeezz..
Sounds like your the none with the agenda.