Roosters win battle for Anasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rd 26?

Imagine this guys. Round 26 at Telstra. Friday night football. Canterbury V Eastern Suburbs. Anasta has a new contract to start next year with Roosters. It's late in the game and the winner makes the top 8 and loser misses and the season will be over.

The Dogs are down 26-18 with 10 to go and Sherwin is off with injury. Do you think Anasta will pull osmething special out of the fire against his "new" club????????????????????????

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sorry but if anasta goes to the roosters..... all the massive amount of respect i had for braith will be gone... Im holding my scorn till I see something official... but articles like this just cause it to build and build and build....

Ill try not to abuse him in person till next year, I dont want braith playing **** in any of the remaining games. however I even get the inkling that anasta isnt giving his all then I will start abusing him at games. I wonder if its in his contract with the roosters to throw the final round match and any match coming up until next year of importance

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
steve_mortimer said:
Canterbury V Eastern Suburbs.
who the hell is Canterbury and Eastern Suburbs? what year are they playing this game? 95??? or 05??? :grinning:

if i was folkes and it came down to the last game against roosters, needing to win i wouldnt have Anasta playing.

in reality who knows what the hell ANASTA is thinking... he had his chances to re-sign with the premiers for good money... he turned his back on us

last round winner makes the finals: he will turn his back on us again

simple as that

daisy boo

bloo & wyte.
Reaction score
[furrycat] said:
As much as I do love Braith, when I walked past him today and saw me wearing a doggies shirt, looking at me smiling waiting for me to say somethin, I looked back at him and didn't say a word...
well arent you hardcore?

saf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im only going to say this once as im sick of hearing about all this crap. It is beyond me why our club when given an ultimatum on signing Willie or Braith, why they chose to re-sign Willie instead of Braith. No disrespect to Willie as i think he is one of the top 3 or 4 forwards in the game right now, but we all know that without a good halves combination you won't win anything just look at the Roosters. What im getting at is why didn't they just give Braith what he wanted and accept that Willie would have to leave, its not like we are running short of forwards with an abundence of them at the moment. We are so short on quality halves its not funny. I can only think something has happened where Braith did not want to re-sign with us for some reason and thats why we concentrated on Willie.

None of us know what this young guy from the Dragons is like as he is unproven yet, but i think we are going to have a season next year just like the Roosters are having now as you can have the best forward pack running around but without some quality halves you won't win Sh!t and thats vice-versa as well.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
steve_mortimer said:
Imagine this guys. Round 26 at Telstra. Friday night football. Canterbury V Eastern Suburbs. Anasta has a new contract to start next year with Roosters. It's late in the game and the winner makes the top 8 and loser misses and the season will be over.

The Dogs are down 26-18 with 10 to go and Sherwin is off with injury. Do you think Anasta will pull osmething special out of the fire against his "new" club????????????????????????
lol it's at aussie :p

but i don't think anasta would step up. big charlie will. :D

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
i was talking to anasta yesterday and asked him what was doing, he didnt tell ,e where he was off to but he told me that i was going to be disheartned but he "HAD to leave" and he was deeply sorry... coz every time ive seen him for the past few months i have told him not to leave :( but after each time i would ask the responces kept getting more negative... but why the roosters?? that is what i cant understand, fark i dont care if he went to melbourne just not the roosters!!

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
saf said:
but we all know that without a good halves combination you won't win anything....
well we haven't been wining this year and we have a good halves combo, but we have lacked a good forward pack all year!

D

D0ggyStylz

I've stuck to my Guns with Anasta. But IF he signs with the Roosters and if he did infact say those things then all that is out the window.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
Dogaholic said:
I've stuck to my Guns with Anasta. But IF he signs with the Roosters and if he did infact say those things then all that is out the window.
about time you woke up and smelled the coffee... i say that in the nicest way possible

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
*dOgzRuLe* said:
i was talking to anasta yesterday and asked him what was doing, he didnt tell ,e where he was off to but he told me that i was going to be disheartned but he "HAD to leave" and he was deeply sorry... coz every time ive seen him for the past few months i have told him not to leave :( but after each time i would ask the responces kept getting more negative... but why the roosters?? that is what i cant understand, fark i dont care if he went to melbourne just not the roosters!!
He is like Michael Owen. He went to Madrid to chase glory as he thought Liverpool could not offer it to him. Then Liverpool threw all the pride of the league in his face.

I'd love to see us win the title next year and send Anasta a description of what "irony" is all about.

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
THose comments he made about Stuart being the best coach ever is just one huge slap in the face to the club

Braith.....remember your **** the roosters comment??? well you can get ****ed with them!

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
saf said:
Im only going to say this once as im sick of hearing about all this crap. It is beyond me why our club when given an ultimatum on signing Willie or Braith, why they chose to re-sign Willie instead of Braith. No disrespect to Willie as i think he is one of the top 3 or 4 forwards in the game right now, but we all know that without a good halves combination you won't win anything just look at the Roosters. What im getting at is why didn't they just give Braith what he wanted and accept that Willie would have to leave, its not like we are running short of forwards with an abundence of them at the moment.
i will only say this for the 10000000's time... your a boof head for thinking that we went for mason over anasta...

both players were given the same oportunity... as NOAD said "and i quote" (FISRT IN BEST DRESS).... Anasta is greedy son of a bit*h.

geez we have won so many games this year, with our great halves combination. they are good individuals, BUT dont work together in the halves... better off changing ASAP.... might win as many games as we have this year.

BOOF HEAD

Mr G..

Waterboy
Reaction score
I know that rumour has it that hes leaving the dogs at seasons but i thought we were making a last ditch effort to try & keep him according to an article a few days ago, does anyone know whats hapenning with this???

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
i still cant believe this! its like stabbing each and every one of us in the back :(

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
it is alex,
and the minute it is confirmed, he isn't worthy to wear the blue n white jersy, he just shows himself to eb a hypocrite, and not give a **** about anyone other than himself

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont worry Anasta will fall into a slump again and he will be realeased by the roosters just like Brett Firman... So long Braith! Hope you enjoyed your stay..

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Fully Sik Drop kick said:
bad news, this is not good, we we're powerless to do anything, all becoz of the fukn NRL salary cap, & isnt it meant to spread talent across to struggling, lower teams like, souths, & wat happens he signs will a rich glamour club like the rooosters, well 2 all the bastards @ the NRL, especially david gallop the *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally agree, this is ridiculous, i reckon that the NRL has to put in a clause that states that unless they already belong to the club as a junior or have been with a club for more than 3 years, top clubs can only have a select number of Rep players, it is unfair on clubs like Souths, how are they meant to survive when clubs like the rorters take the quality players, i mean not only Anasta, but also Harrison, now what is souths left with, **** that's what... we need a fairer system, not one where clubs like the Rorters, can use it to continue their domination whilst clubs like souths struggle... I knew Braith would have to go somewhere, but the rorters, that is just wrong...:slick:

saf said:
None of us know what this young guy from the Dragons is like as he is unproven yet, but i think we are going to have a season next year just like the Roosters are having now as you can have the best forward pack running around but without some quality halves you won't win Sh!t and thats vice-versa as well.
I can assure you we will not have a season like the one that the Rorters are having now, Saf, Holdsworth is a much accomplished player, and he will automatically come in and do the job, he is a model of Anasta, and should do a similar job, a few games at most to settle in, but once that occurs let the good times roll... :D... Would be funny if Holdsworth won us the grand final in 2006 against the Rorters with Anasta at lock... ;)

McIlwain, C Tonga, Myles, Cutler, Phelps and Holdsworth- THE BULLDOGS YOUNG GUNS WILL FIRE THE DOGS TO THE PREMIERSHIP IN 2006... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.