Roosters sign Waerea-Hargreaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters sign Waerea-Hargreaves
Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Sydney Roosters have signed Jarred Waerea-Hargreaves to a 3 year deal commencing 2010.

Waerea-Hargreaves, born in New Zealand, originally moved to Queensland on a golf scholarship before taking up Rugby Union.

In 2008 he played with the Waratahs before taking up Rugby League and signing with the Manly Sea Eagles for the 2009 season.

Jarred has predominantly played Toyota Cup this season, however he made his first grade debut in Round 9 this year.

After being persued by several NRL Clubs, the Roosters are excited to announce the deal and are looking forward to working with Jarred and developing him into a regular first grader.

------------------------------------------------------------------

MANLY is closing in on the signature of Matt Orford but his retention is likely to come at the cost of one of the NRL's most promising players, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Orford appears certain to sign a two-year extension with the Sea Eagles next week, heading off overtures from English giants Wigan and Warrington.

However, the club's limited space under the salary cap means it is unlikely to match the dollars on offer from the Sydney Roosters for Waerea-Hargreaves.

Waerea-Hargreaves has been a star for Manly's Toyota Cup side this season and made his first-grade debut against Brisbane last month. However, his performances in the under-20s have alerted rival clubs and the Sydney Roosters have been circling the imposing forward -- a rugby union star -- for weeks.

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They must of paid overs for him lol.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
What were they thinking?

Orford been missing for a while.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Fantastic player with great potential. Being at the Roosters won't do much for his development. I signalled here a little while ago that we should have a look at him. Supremely talented.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL i swear the cocks are over the cap

Westside

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah its tough. ox is ok but manly just have no depth when hes not there. hes very reliant on others around him.. choc stewarts etc

bailey just seems to be getting better & better. hes a ball running 5/8 though, not a ball player so much

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i want wolfman he played well today

Peter Griffin

Love my ginga's
Reaction score
it seems anasta like mason and omeley are on the way out........
first they sign todd carney ... then they sign Hargreaves.....

intresting to see what happens further throught the year

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
why anyone would sign with the roosters is beyond me

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it seems anasta like mason and omeley are on the way out........
first they sign todd carney ... then they sign Hargreaves.....

intresting to see what happens further throught the year
I don't think Anasta is on his way out tbh... they've signed carney 2 play 5/8th with the hope of shifting Anasta out to Lock next year. By that time, Fitzgibbon would've FINALLY retired lol and yeh he could slot in there...

I agree about Mason and O'meley though... doesn't look like they are 2 happy there either.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a gun when he was a Whoratah in my eyes

Then Manly ruined him

Would be good to c how he goes at a diff club

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats 173K per season. Its a pretty good price for him

Last edited by a moderator:
Status