Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Roosters recruitment officer implicated as key player

Captain Kickass
April 23rd, 2010
www.thekennel.net.au

As the saying goes - Mud sticks. And if I were a Rooster fan, now would be a good time to duck.

Peter O'Sullivan, long touted as a recruitment guru, is one of five people implicated by internal Melbourne Storm audits as responsible for the collusion behind yesterdays revelation the Melborune Storm were systematically cheating the salary cap since 2006.

What's signifigant about Peter O'Sullivan is that he now finds himself with none other than long-suspected cap-cheats the Sydney Roosters. While it has not been proven that the Roosters are guilty of anything, rumours abound for years that all is not what it seems on Bondi's Books.

With NRL board-member Nick Politis captain of the ship, it seems the once untouchable and squeaky clean Roosters may now find themselves under even greater scrutiny. The irony is it may not arise of their own doing.

O'Sullivan joined the Roosters in August 2007 on a $150,000 2-year deal. During his tenure he has overseen the signings of Willie Mason, Nick Kouparitsis, Jason Ryles, James and Mitch Aubusson, Daniel Conn, Phil Graham, Todd Carney and Shane Shackleton, among others.

Watch this space for more details as they emerge .....

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
they won the wooden spoon last year!
This would be a tragedy for the game if two teams were found to be rorting the cap!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i dont know ck... he may have had a say about recruitment and what not

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Get what yours saying he might have known, I think most teams in the NRL are cheating the cap in some way but i doubt anyone else is doing it to the scale of what Storm were. 700k over for this year.

BTW Shane Shackleton was signed about 2 years before O'Sullivan was at the club

Mitch Aubusson made his first grade debut Rd 1 2007 (O'Sullivan was at Storm at this Stage)

We have gained a few big names but we have also lost/cut a lot.

Also it seems clubs get caught when someone who knows gets pissed off and dobs them in..Rumours are its how Storm got caught and we all know its how Dogs got caught.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Get what yours saying he might have known, I think most teams in the NRL are cheating the cap in some way but i doubt anyone else is doing it to the scale of what Storm were. 700k over for this year.

BTW Shane Shackleton was signed about 2 years before O'Sullivan was at the club

Mitch Aubusson made his first grade debut Rd 1 2007 (O'Sullivan was at Storm at this Stage)

We have gained a few big names but we have also lost/cut a lot.

Also it seems clubs get caught when someone who knows gets pissed off and dobs them in..Rumours are its how Storm got caught and we all know its how Dogs got caught.
LOL - Hello you. Dont let my irrational hate for Chooks get in the road of facts.

And on that bolded bit .... I'll be bloggin on it soon ;)

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
LOL - Hello you. Dont let my irrational hate for Chooks get in the road of facts.

And on that bolded bit .... I'll be bloggin on it soon ;)
Not suprised you hate chooks, most people hate chooks. But there is no proof they are over and i doubt with the current squad they are. They have cut/dropped a lot of players to stay under. Yes most were overpaid and useless anyway but they still saved us money by cutting them.

But yeah all O'Sullivan is a eye for talent

He tells Storm who they need to get and Storm did what they did to get/keep what he spotted as talent. IF he is found Guilty off some how being behind anything at storm (rather then just knowing) i would say easts would punt him.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the rooster people are always going to suspect. Their current Roster, I heavily doubt there that much over like they have been in previous years. With Peter O'Sullivan, he would simply be scouting and suggesting to the players what the club is prepared to sign them for, why should he be investigated. Of course if he knew enough information, then let him be punished accordingly.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Daily Telegraph can today reveal that five figures involved in the NRL's investigation over the $1.7 million rort that brought about one of rugby league's blackest day are:

* BRIAN Waldron. His position as the new boss of the Melbourne Rebels Super 15 rugby union franchise is in serious doubt;

* MATT Hanson. Waldron's replacement as chief executive who has been stood down indefinitely;

* PAUL Gregory. The current chief operating officer who has been stood down indefinitely but appears to be caught up in the scandal;

* PETER O'Sullivan. Former recruitment officer who left the Storm in 2007 to join the Roosters; and

* CAMERON Vale. The chief financial officer from 2006-08 who left the club after a falling out with Waldron to join AFL club North Melbourne.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-leagues-history/story-e6frexs0-1225857166843

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Daily Telegraph can today reveal that five figures involved in the NRL's investigation over the $1.7 million rort that brought about one of rugby league's blackest day are:

* BRIAN Waldron. His position as the new boss of the Melbourne Rebels Super 15 rugby union franchise is in serious doubt;

* MATT Hanson. Waldron's replacement as chief executive who has been stood down indefinitely;

* PAUL Gregory. The current chief operating officer who has been stood down indefinitely but appears to be caught up in the scandal;

* PETER O'Sullivan. Former recruitment officer who left the Storm in 2007 to join the Roosters; and

* CAMERON Vale. The chief financial officer from 2006-08 who left the club after a falling out with Waldron to join AFL club North Melbourne.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-leagues-history/story-e6frexs0-1225857166843
Lol, the Daily Telegraph refers to yesterday as "Rugby League's darkest day".... They obviously forgot all about the Super League saga, in which News Ltd nearly destroyed our game - not just one club.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

just come out and said on sports tonight that he had no part of it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.