Rooster's keen on Hayne....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
AFTER declaring Jarryd Hayne "a genius", the Sydney Roosters yesterday revealed they may swoop late and make a $500,000-a-season offer to lure the star fullback away from Parramatta.

Hayne's manager, Wayne Beavis, will hold contract talks with Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne tomorrow but the Roosters remain keen on the Dally M Medal winner.

The Roosters have not made a formal offer to Hayne but could, by shedding some fringe first-graders, make the NSW fullback a massive offer.

It appears, though, Hayne wants to stay an Eel and could announce a deal as early as this week.

But Roosters recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan said: "We have told Wayne to keep us in the loop. I guess it depends on whether Parramatta agree to what Wayne wants. He is the elite player of the game.

"Anyone would be interested in him.

"Whether we can afford him is another thing but no doubt he is a genius. If he became available, we would certainly be interested."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Beavis and Parramatta have spoken for weeks now about Hayne.

"I'm very confident we will be able to do something with Jarryd shortly," Osborne said.

Asked was he concerned a club such as the Roosters might swoop late in negotiations, Osborne said: "No. Jarryd is happy at Parramatta.

"He is playing great football. I can't imagine there would be anything the Roosters could offer that we couldn't."

Beavis said Hayne was content at Parramatta and had indicated he wanted to remain an Eel.

"There is plenty of interest in Jarryd," Beavis said. "But at this stage, his preference is to stay at Parramatta.

"We have had a couple of meetings with Parramatta officials.

"We have another meeting on Thursday. That's pretty much all I can tell you at the moment."

Beavis said Hayne would not be involved in negotiations.

"Jarryd has plenty on his plate," Beavis said. "There could be announcement soon.

"But we won't drag him in on Thursday. He has a game on Friday."

-Telecrap

Nothing article.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Go there, ruin your career. Don't sell your soul.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last thing he would be thinking about would be another club, I cant stand players being called the worlds best player, Weidler is kidding himself, every player goes through good seasons.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
lol roosters what else would you expect

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
The last thing he would be thinking about would be another club, I cant stand players being called the worlds best player, Weidler is kidding himself, every player goes through good seasons.

Totally agree mate.

This time last year Billy Slater was the "Greatest fullback of all time"....

Parra will do their arse Sonny Bill style and give him the Earth. It will set them back 10 years.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His footy will go down the drain just like every other footballer that has signed with that club

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who havent the media linked the roosters to ?

I doubt Hayne would go there when he could earn 2 million a season in french rugby.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he won't go to easts for 500k not with the position they are in.

he could get so much more 800k+ a season overseas - and get about 400k a season from most top NRL clubs.

it's a dumb article. they can be keen on him but they wont get him unless there gonna chuck him more then 500k which they CANNOT do.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why am I not surprised?

FMD that ****hole of a club can't produce any of it's own players - all they want to do is buy buy buy!!!

**** off and leave the kid alone Bondi ****.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
he won't go to easts for 500k not with the position they are in.

he could get so much more 800k+ a season overseas - and get about 400k a season from most top NRL clubs.

it's a dumb article. they can be keen on him but they wont get him unless there gonna chuck him more then 500k which they CANNOT do.
thn again it is the roosters so i woldnt be suprised if they rip off the cap somehow and not get into sh1t for it...besides going to the roosters is career suicide tbh

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
LOL Roosters. I would imagine that Jarryd Hayne knows better than to sign with them ..
LOL he's not stupid. Given their record of ruining people's careers, surely he'll think twice..

JayJay70

Farewell Haz!
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned Weidler... Most of what he says turns to dust. I'm still waiting for JT to announce his defection to Japanese Rugby ....

Hayne would be mad to go to the Rorters. Often it's a club and the players around you that bring out the best in a player. Have a look a Kimmorley, this year he's surrounded by a positive culture and club and great players and he's playing some of his best footy.
Remember when Nigel Vagana left and went to the Sharks? You'd never hear his name mentioned, he became invisible...

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Hayne will go from Hero to Zero at the Roosters.

Brian Smith obviously trying to do Bondi Rescue on the Roosters.

Good luck signing Hayne Chooks.

ck246

Isn't he fine
Reaction score
They can't afford him. That's why they buy second rate players like todd carney.

Status
Not open for further replies.